By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you use the 3DS 3D?

Do you use the 3DS 3D?

I use the 3D frequently 78 41.05%

I use the 3D sometimes 39 20.53%

I don't use the 3D 73 38.42%

Total:190

I will probably get a 3DS when the next model comes out (3DS Lite?), but I couldn't actually stand looking the 3D when I tried it out. I usually don't have a problem with 3D, but the 3DS 3D hurt my eyes far to much to use it more than 5 minutes at a time. The games coming out soon for it will be great (Star Fox and OoT) but I wouldn't get one for the actual 3D. Has anyone here bought the 3DS, but decided not to use the 3D for whatever reason? If you don't use 3D, why don't you use it?

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

Yeah. On max settings actually. It's quite cool and I find it easier than watching a 2D screen.

Edit: It takes some time to get used to it, though. It's different than watching a 2D screen but after some while you should get used to it.

Yes, all the time. I didn't expect to, but it actually seems weird to turn it off for me now.

In spite of this, I still think 3D was a mistake. It has turned out to have value to me personally, but it is not worth all the costs it adds to the system in various ways (not just price).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

yes, all the time, on max settings.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Yep on max too, the only time I turn it off is when I'm playing SSFIV online.

Around the Network

I usually have 3D on Max, I only turn it down when I play PilotWings.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

I use the 3D slider half way up.

At max, the left and right edges of the screen become harder to focus sometimes, for me.

Yes, I use 3D slider usually half way up. The only time I don't use 3D is just when I am in need to save battery.

Full Monty. Max 3D or off.

Since I have no problems with 3D perception and it doesn't strain my eyes, the only time I'd bother to turn it off would be for games that require a lot of movement of the handheld itself which can tilt the display and shift the parallax barrier out of focus.

You have to learn how to play everything while keeping the display perpendicular to your line of sight. Not exactly ideal for AR games, but technically you don't need 3D for those.

yes, halfway to full everytime I use it...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064