By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Rumor) Nintendo got PS3 head engineer to work on next console

GAF has supported this rumor based in the reputation of the poster.

Well analyze this.

It looks like Nintendo Technology Development, the Seattle based hardware group under Howard Cheng, has been quite busy researching and developing several of the technologies being used in Project Cafe. One of the more interesting features is their work on tracking systems and head-mounted stereoscopic displays along with CPU and GPU research and evaluation.

For those wondering what direction the system might take from a purely geometrical calculation standpoint. Some of the new team members at Nintendo Technology Development include one of the head engineers responsible for the PS3's Cell CPU and RSX GPU.

While the news is not indicative of the ultimate fire power the system may carry, it certainly is promising.

http://kyoto-report.blogspot.com/2011/04/ninja-courier_19.html

Around the Network

ukh, as a Clevelander, that Lebron analogy made me automatically get pissed off.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Exciting times, wonder if they'll end up using head mounted display technology.. It'd explain the rumour about games being streamed to the screen.. In my mind, that's probably just R&D, but I'd love to see it as a product!

Well, it was a nice effort, I guess...

I thought that meant they had hired Krazy Ken

:(

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

so does this mean the wii 2 going to have blue ray and cell proessor  version 2.0 lol

Lebron James can go die 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Who knew Lebron James helped develop the cell.

Next rumour please.

So Nintendo now wants to sink money. Please, leave that to other companies.