By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii for 20 million by the end of this year?

Simple enough, think it's possible? If not, what do you think it will end on and why?

Games i'm currently playing:

Around the Network

i don't think it will hit 20mill at the end of this years but i guarantee it will hit 20mil at the end of Jan 2008.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Nope. They can't have enough made by then.

I'm expecting something between 1.9-1.95 million.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

unless they have another huge shipment in america, its not possible.. 19-19.5mil for my prediction...

I must say, we laugh at JLs predictions a lot.. but I have to admit, he is pretty damn good.. keep on trucking JL!

It will be 18.5 million

Around the Network

Nope, I don't think it will make it either, but it will be somewhere around 19 million.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

I would love to see nintendo make it to 20 million, but the problem is next week sales will drop very low(not because of holidays end, but because they cant make more than 500k next week to ship).

I expect 18.5M for them.

It makes me sad that all those kids that wanted a wii couldnt get one this year.

mM

Unless they have an extra shipment coming in in the next week, no

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

leo-j said:
I would love to see nintendo make it to 20 million, but the problem is next week sales will drop very low(not because of holidays end, but because they cant make more than 500k next week to ship).

I expect 18.5M for them.

It makes me sad that all those kids that wanted a wii couldnt get one this year.

So you are saying you think wii will only sell 100-200k WW next week?

it looks like wii will hit about 18.5 million this week depending on how true the numbers ioi said were. It will surpass 19 million by a bit, perhaps 19.1 or 19.2. Japan sales will stay very strong, NA and others will drop off considerably though.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X