By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How did you like the Gears 3 beta?

How did you like the Gears 3 beta?

Great 37 69.81%

Good 4 7.55%

Alright 4 7.55%

Meh 7 13.21%

Horrible 1 1.89%

Total:53

After blowing a couple hours playing the Gears 3 beta. I decided to see who actually like the game. I thought it was amazing at first but after time it lost it's appeal. But I have to say the game looks really good and much better than Gears 2. This is not the best beta I have played but definetly one of the best Xbox 360 beta's. So please comment on how you liked the beta. Try list one thing you really liked and one thing you really hated.

Around the Network

I played like 30 Matches and I like it so far and enjoyed it quite a bit

I voted "great" just to see the result.  Mama always said, "If you can't say something nice....".  Anyhoo, some guy in the Lenox Mall in Atlanta tried to force me to put $5 on the preorder of GeoW3.  When I told him I try to avoid betas and such on games I already know I'm going to buy and that I lived 300 fucking miles away he looked at me with such disgust that I now know what a baby seal killer feels like.  Seeing the results, I kinda wish I'd tossed in the $5, though.

d21lewis said:

I voted "great" just to see the result.  Mama always said, "If you can't say something nice....".  Anyhoo, some guy in the Lenox Mall in Atlanta tried to force me to put $5 on the preorder of GeoW3.  When I told him I try to avoid betas and such on games I already know I'm going to buy and that I lived 300 fucking miles away he looked at me with such disgust that I now know what a baby seal killer feels like.  Seeing the results, I kinda wish I'd tossed in the $5, though.

Well, you can still preorder it, the beta is only open now to those who bought Bulletstorm. I preordered from GS (gonna play the beta and return the preorder cause I don't buy from there) and my code is valid starting one week from today, the 25th. I'm looking forward to playing it and seeing if they can actually have stable online for more than 2 months. I loved Gears 1 and 2 for about 8-10 weeks and then the online shit itself and became broken.

Hopefully, third time's the charm.

I won't be able to find out until I get my copy of Bulletstorm back that I stupidly lent to my brother.

Around the Network

I'll post my impressions once i try out more maps and modes

• Mon 18th April through Sun 24th - TDM on Thrashball and Checkout only.
  • Mon 25th April through Sun 1st - TDM on Thrashball, Checkout, and Trenches only.
  • Mon 2nd May through Sun 8th - TDM and KOTH on all 4 beta maps.
  • Mon 9th May through Sun 15th - TDM, KOTH, and CTL on all 4 beta maps."

I'm downloading it right now so I can't really post an opinion yet but I work at Gamestop and had tons of people coming in throughout the day and pre-ordering it because they said the beta was amazing and it got them pumped for the game to release.

I'll post my impressions tomorrow after I get a full nights worth of play time in.

I wonder when the open beta is releasing.

Alright played a bunch of matches and I have to be honest

THIS GAME IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much better than Gears 2 online and easily one of the most fluid and tightly controlled games i've ever played

Cant access the beta until the 25th