By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So PS3 and 360 fans, how do you feel about the new Nintendo HD rumors?

So PS3 and 360 fans, how do you feel about the new Nintendo HD rumors?

So excited! Always liked ... 36 12.46%

Already was a Wii fan, HD... 52 17.99%

Wait and see, wasn't a f... 28 9.69%

Not excited,Nintendo just... 57 19.72%

Its coming too early, not... 45 15.57%

See poll results. 70 24.22%

Total:288

I'm intrigued

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

There was a time when Ninty was at the forefront of console technology. SNES was more powerful than the MD/Genesis (but not Neo Geo), N64 was more powerful than the PSOne and Saturn. Gamecube exclusives (or former exclusives) more than held there own against the Xbox and PS2 so Wii is the first console Nintendo released with technology fair inferior to it's competitors and they were right to do that. They've made a mint with the Wii.

some of the project cafe rumors are interesting to me.  a full HD display in the controller that allows for play without a TV, that's not a bad idea.

...but it would still be a nintendo console.  i was a big nintendo fanboy for a long time but overall, nintendo turned into a garbage developer this gen.  retro is an exception.  so no matter how intriguing the hardware turns out .. i'm just don't think i can be interested.  yet another interation of smash brothers, zelda, and metroid just isn't enough anymore.

I'm not the slightys excited about it. As i no what i will get=a casual gaming console with mario games again.Nintendo are always doing the same with the same games. And they will be one generation behind again.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

With out knowing what it will be its hard to say. But the more I read about the more it interests me. I will wait until its anounced to decide my ful thoughts on it, but right now it is piquing my interest

Around the Network

I don't think any PS3 or 360 owners can ever get excited over what Nintnendo are doing.  Plus none of them have ever liked past Nintendo consoles either.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

I just want some new IP's dude

Nintendogamer said:

Plus none of them have ever liked past Nintendo consoles either.

That's... A pretty big generalization, don't you think?

And though I wouldn't count myself as PS360 fan first and foremost, I'll vote for option #5. No new consoles until late 2012 at the earliest, please.

BenVTrigger said:
zgamer5 said:
BenVTrigger said:
zgamer5 said:

why are you excited? by the looks of it next gen is going to be the same situation tech wise. wii 2 behind by a gen. and the xbox and ps will be equal or atleast very comparable. now unless the wii2 gets lots of 3rd party support i see no reason for an hd twin fan to want to get one.

first of all the wii2 isnt a way of taking the hd twins fans. mainly because ninty is going to have to support the casual and that means that a portion of its devs will be focused on them. other then that as a hd twin fan i dont like mario, platformers, donkey kong, starfox..... thats why i dont own a wii.

the only 3 big ninty franchises i can see pleasing core gamers, are zelda, smash brawl, and metroid. 

when it comes to zelda im interested in it, but i want to play it with a normal controller, and i want it to have blood, lots of blood,(and thats not going to happen since ninty want to make zelda a bigger franchise).

when it comes to smash brawl, theyr going also to have to make the graphics and the game more mature, as well as adding other characters which hd twins fans like, and thats not going to happen.

metroid is going to need a good multiplayer, and thats not going to happen.

ninty fans are going to love wii2, but as a sony fan, until know i see nothing in the wii2 that i want for my next gen console.

I'm excited for the exact reasons you listed, HD Zelda, Smash Bros, Metroid, and probably Monster Hunter.  See I think Wii2 is going to be launching a full 2-3 years before the next console from Sony or MS so I'm way down with haveing 3 pretty powerful HD machines playing all the best games from each 1st party at once.

Granted once Xbox 720 and PS4 come out the Wii2 may be considerably less powerful but for at least 2 years or so its gonna be stacked with awesomeness.

so your already a wii fan!

so you cant be considered as a fan of the hd twins.

id only buy a ninty console for a mature zelda game, with blood, sex, and oblivion like content. and thats never going to happen.

No not a Wii fan, a Nintendo fan, as well as Sony and MS.  I don't really have beef with any of them.  I mean I have more than 50k gamerscore and almost level 8 on PSN so I obviously enjoy my other systems.  In fact I'm a far bigger Sony and MS fan than Nintendo but I like them all, I just like games lol

i like games to. but not all types, i feel left out :(.

aha atleast my wallet doesnt cry when i buy 2 other consoles and more games for them!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

i will still buy it if it really worth for me cause i'm a true game lover not any companys fans... xD