By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So PS3 and 360 fans, how do you feel about the new Nintendo HD rumors?

So PS3 and 360 fans, how do you feel about the new Nintendo HD rumors?

So excited! Always liked ... 36 12.46%

Already was a Wii fan, HD... 52 17.99%

Wait and see, wasn't a f... 28 9.69%

Not excited,Nintendo just... 57 19.72%

Its coming too early, not... 45 15.57%

See poll results. 70 24.22%

Total:288

Very excited. The sooner nintendo releases the sooner sony or microsoft will give me a console that can play games in 1080p.

Skyward sword in HD and 5.1 surround, instant buy.

And maybe people can stop bickering whether 360 or ps3 is 1% better in multiplat games when they suddenly run much better on the new wii. Although it would be like xbox being held back by ps2 at first until 360 and ps3 get their successors. MS and sony better not wait too long otherwise wii2 will hold back multiplats on their new machines.

That's assuming Nintendo doesn't screw up online again and makes some effort to get 3rd party games this time. Otherwise I'll just be playing Nintendo exclusives on Wii2 again.

Anyway interested to see what Nintendo's plans are for the control scheme for Wii2.

Around the Network

Finally a topic, that interests me on the charts more about gaming a little less about sales.

To be honest, buying the Wii only reinforced my belief in neglecting Nintendo as the third most interesting hardware maker behind, Sony and Microsoft. There new Ip are not my style, meaning the wii series and a few other barely noticible games. I like playing some Mario games, but I am feed up with easyness and lack of good storylines. I swear Nintendo is more redundant than CoD. Mario Kart is only different due to the new control styles. A wii exclusive Zelda is not even out on the wii and I could not stand twlight princess. Mario part was boring and redundant as I like the serie, but not the wii's version. I have no interest in 2D platformers that Nintendo makes learned my lesson after Smbros wii and never had much interest since the SNES. Never was into Brawl or Metriod.

So basically, the only chance Nintendo has at getting money from me is new Ips and lots of them because as others have said I doubt they will get many exclusives that are not NInty 1st party games. My PS3 and 360 already get more games than I can play or afford. Nintendo has no chance with me unless I get my girl pregnant. Sorry, I just tell the truth and try to not lie. Nintendo has no chance with me.

Nintendogamer said:

I don't think any PS3 or 360 owners can ever get excited over what Nintnendo are doing.  Plus none of them have ever liked past Nintendo consoles either.

ehh i bought a gamecube instead of a ps2. then after 2 years i got a ps2. but to be fair i didnt play the gamecube games i wanted because they never came to my country, and buying a ps2 helped since it was pirated a lot so i could get all the games i wanted for 1 dollar. so unfortunatly i never played a 3d zelda :(. 

i am also the proud owner, of a gameboy color, game boy advance, game boy sp, and a ds light.

i woudnt buy a ninty console because i prefer the 1st party games of sony. the only ninty 1st party that interests me is zelda. and when it comes to mk and mario platformers i played a shit load of them and i moved on. also theirs the 3rd party issue, and the fact that i prefer using classic controllers instead of motion controllers, and when it comes to graphics i prefer games with mature graphics.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I'm quite excited actually.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I honestly think Nintendo will not be able to retain the crown next gen in terms of home consoles.  Let's be honest, the main reason the Wii was such a hit was because the motion controls appealed to many who normally weren't that into gaming.  But next gen, all 3 will have motion controls from the get go, so no playing catch up there.  In terms of graphics, the next Wii I expect to be slightly better than the PS3, but that means that the 360 and PS3 will still be able to compete with it for the year or so til their successors come out.  And when they release, their graphics will be like the next-gen Unreal presentation from a month or so ago, which will blow away the Wii2 by comparison. 

The only thing that I see Nintendo has gained from this is maybe around a year head start, but as many consoles have shown before, that doesn't always work out in your favor.  While it may force MS to try and come out with the Next Xbox around the same time as the Wii2, I think Sony will stay with what they probably were already shooting for, a 2013 release for the PS4.

Around the Network

Pretty excited. 

If they give me a standard controller I don't have to plug into something, achievements, abandon the concept of friend and console codes entirely, and be at least as powerful as the PS3/360 I'll be in line waiting for a preorder day one.

I'm perfectly happy with keeping motion controls built into the system and I don't even mind if the online capabilities are less than the 360 or even PSN, I just want those above things.

Oh, and also full backwards compatability with the Wii and hopefully Gamecube (though I could live without that and understand it being taken out).

I'm interested for sure. My biggest problem with Nintendo is how they fuck out all their properties. If they are going to do some new stuff then I'm on board, more rehashing, then no thanks. Some rehashing is inevitable of course, but they need to find a better balance between new and old like they did with the gamecube.

It has to have great online  and third party support. I already get that with my current consoles, so Nintendo has to meet those standards.

I'm not going to be an early adopter that's for sure, got burned with the Wii, but it sounds like Nintendo is headed in the right direction again.

Like all hardware game platforms, it all boils down to the games.

As nothing has been confirmed and no titles in development announced, any guesses as to what will be available on the new console within the first year are just that; guesses.

So until those titles are confirmed, it's hard to get excited over a TBA console.

While I am interested in the prospect of having three platforms that can play roughly the same version of a game, whether than happens also remains to be seen.

As for Nintendo developed games, considering that the Wii was essentially a 6th Gen system (facts are if it wasn't for motion controls, the Wii would be a GameCube 1.5 as it uses virtually the same hardware architecture, only with incrementally improved specs), the technical leap from the Wii to its successor should be huge. How that translates into the next versions of Mario, Metroid, Zelda, etc. should be comparably huge.

While I currently have no intention of pre-ordering one much less waiting in any lines to buy one (not that I ever wait in line for any new hardware), assuming it's priced at $299 as I believe it will be, there may be just one or two titles announced that I "have to play" that may have me picking one up on Day 1 regardless.

I'm just excited on how the new Nintendo console would look like and feature TBH..They have distinct elements in terms of creating a new product such as releasing relatively cheap consoles, have innovative / blue ocean features..etc

it wont affect the ps3/360 at all because theres still plenty of games coming out for both

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost