By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big will the graphics jump from PS360 to PS4/720 be?

MrT-Tar said:

I imagine their will be a decent sized jump to PS4 level graphics.  However, the biggest jump will be from Wii to 'Super Wii'.  The Wii was considerably weaker than its competitors, I imagine the 'Super Wii' being in the same ball park as PS4 and 720, albeit it weaker.  Not disimilar to PS2 compared to GC.

current leaks show that the Super Wii be limited to 360/PS3 graphics, though with better frame rates, maybe more AA. The 512mb of RAM is going to be a huge bottleneck -- its the number one complaint developers have about current consoles (power wise atleast)

Around the Network

Put in a more humorous way, it probably won't be as big as the jump from the Wii to the N6. I mean, current rumors suggest that the jumps would be equivalent, but if the AMD rumors flying around GAF are what hold to be true then we'll be a lot closer to hardware parity than currrent rumors suggest, and the jump from the Wii to the N6 will be the biggest of them all.

Slimebeast said:
zgamer5 said:
Slimebeast said:
zgamer5 said:

well cyrtek wants 8gb of ram on the next gen consoles.

Well according to rumours Wii2 will have 512Mb, maybe sligthly more.

How are we going to interpret that?

do you honestly think that the wii2 is going to have the multiplats that the ps4/720 do if the 3rd parties support them?

lol of course not.

I just threw out the question of how we interpret it and you came with the right answer. That it will be able to catch a few HD multiplatforms from current gen and that's it.

unless the ps4/720 have dreamcast like sales, then it will get all of the games.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I believe a signifigant jump is achievable.

I just hope there is something to graphically distinguish the products.

For all the 360 and PS3 fanboys protestations I think the graphical capabilities of the HD twins are identical.

Before some persistent bug eyed masturbater of a fanboy posts "Killzone 3 / Crysis 2 says hello" I refer you to the above statement of opinion......

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/12/09/ps3-5-sony-patent-shows-plans-to-increase-ps3s-power-with-external-processor/

a beefy external processor would increase the ps3's power for a lower cost than buying a new system and it would probably be a better GPU than if they released a new system because they save money on all the other parts.

i think it will be more powerful than the gtx590 because by the time its announced and released, even the 590 will be outdated and affordable.

Around the Network

The jump will be as big as the one from Xbox/PS2 to Xbox360/PS3, or a little more due to this generation lasting more than the last one.

Yes, I know that both Microsoft and Sony said that they can't assume the looses they've had this gen, but just for the bragging rights and the fact that they don't know the real plants of the other, will make them launch a console as poweful as possible.

And, as the resolution of the screens won't change, other features as 3D, tesselation, etc. will be more important.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

fps_d0minat0r said:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/12/09/ps3-5-sony-patent-shows-plans-to-increase-ps3s-power-with-external-processor/

a beefy external processor would increase the ps3's power for a lower cost than buying a new system and it would probably be a better GPU than if they released a new system because they save money on all the other parts.

i think it will be more powerful than the gtx590 because by the time its announced and released, even the 590 will be outdated and affordable.

Not that dumb rumour again, the PS3 doesn't have any available port with enough bandwidth to make such an expansion viable, it's not like there is a spare PCIE bus to plug it into so it would have to be USB (nowhare near enough bandwidth) or ethernet which is better better but still nowhere near enough bandwidth a graphics card like the 590 fully sturates a 16 lane 32 Gb/s PCI E (a v2 16 lane bus capable of 64 Gb/s) bus a 1 Gb/s ethernet port would bottleneck it so bad that any performance boost would be marginal at best sorry.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Hopefully we will have more focus on AI, physics and other game mechanics and less on graphics. But gamers and devs mostly seem to be satisfied with improvements in graphics over other things, so I guess that won't happen.

The jump will be super huge since I've seen what Epic has got under their sleeve with Unreal Engine 4 tech demo

So big that it will blow our testicles off.......

or so I hope.