By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3 regions... 3 different winners by gen end?

+ 360 will outsell Wii this year in US (maybe early 2014 but that is a fact already).
+ PS3 will outsell Wii in EU in 2014 (even soon with the 2012 adjustments not posted yet)

The Japan is the hardest market to Wii lost the first place... I think PS3 will end close... ~1 million behind.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Nope. Wii will remain top in each region. Nothing at this point is going to change those gaps from 1st to 2nd in any region.

lol some crows eaten here.

Depends when you define this generation as ending, I suppose.

But kudos for calling this so early!

ethomaz said:
superchunk said:

Nope. Wii will remain top in each region. Nothing at this point is going to change those gaps from 1st to 2nd in any region.

lol some crows eaten here.

Where? Wii is still on top in NA, EU, and Japan.

360 in US will most likely happen yes, shouldn't be too long anymore. PS3 still has ways to go in Europe though, I'm not convinced yet, but it could happen if only barely. In Japan there's no chance anything would change.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
So many doubted me, almost everyone.... yet here we are, 2 years later its all happening.

I am curious in defining a "winner".  I mean if console A sells for 5 years and sells 60 million units and console B (released same year) sells for 7 years and sells 65 million units, who is the winner?  If A already has had A2 out for two years is it really fair to compare?

In any event, well done on interesting thread and I will say this past generation saw the greatest amount of parity in industry history.  All three console makers have something to hang their hat on which is really surprising to me (in a good way for the industry.)  I think I'll be even more surprised if similar situation plays itself out again.

I'm still holding out hope that the Japanese will finally fall in love with Halo and the Xbox 360 will take the Land of the Rising Sun.

A man can dream...

360 may take NA in a couple years, I dont see Wii losing Europe and Japan lifetime sales.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

CGI-Quality said:

I don't think so. Wii will win in Japan, America, & EMEAA. I think the 360 and PS3 need some real game changers for anything to alter, and being this deep into the gen (coupled with recent mumblings of next gen console reveals), I don't think the Wii will lose in any region.

Can't remember seeing you being so clearly wrong before.

IN YOUR FACE! /jk

kowenicki said:
So many doubted me, almost everyone.... yet here we are, 2 years later its all happening.

How do you doubt someone who simply asks a question?

"

radiantshadow92 said:

How do you fiqure ps3 will take japan? Its so far back.

I dont... I'm asking if these things can happen... I'm not saying they will.

"

:P

But seriously, good call.