By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: PS3 over 50m units sold and 8m MOVE units sold.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
thismeintiel said:
Seece said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

LOL userbase is closer to 35/40 mill ... are you kidding ..

That stupid equation aside, it's not about what's active, it's about how many consumers have bought the product.

How many consumers have bought 2,3, 4 360's, how many consumers have had the 360's replaced by MS, how many have ugraded to the new slim version. You see, the same way you can put equation into Move, we can do the same for other consoles. The simple fact is, you don't know  the actual userbase of Move. 

Very thin veiled excuses psrock.

Ioi seems to be tracking Move very well, he correctly predicted 7/8 mill shipped around March 1st, he estimates about a 4/5 mill userbase. So I'm going with that. after it's better than "oh, we just don't know"

He kinda has a point. If Microsoft had reliable systems and people didn't have to replace them 4-5 times the PS3 probably would've been well ahead of Microsoft by now.

Considering you get a 3 yr warranty, only a dumbass would have bought 4/5 xbox's insted of get them repaired for free, hence why I fail to believe that's happened outside of a few occasions.

You're completely ignoring the fact that MS denied the problem of RROD for about a 1-1 1/2 years.  How many broke down in that time?  Also the 3 year warranty only covered RROD, and later E74, not all 360 defects.  And how many decided to just buy a new Slim when there previous model, even if repaired, still had issues?  And what happens when the 3 year warranty expires on your console?  I mean later this year will mark the 360's 6th year on the market.

This is true. The three year warranty for the consumers who bought the 360's is up, unless they bought 360's a year or so after Microsoft announced the three year warranty.

Oh my goodness. This is crazy.

Everyone needs to get a grip.

This thread is about Move. 

We know as a FACT that Sony gives it's shipped numbers on Move as any Move product. Not just 1 actual user Move sale. The very very very high chance that less than 3-4 million individual users have Move is the absolute best estimate anyone can make. It's educated and very highly probable. 

As for the whole lets attack M$ actual 360 sales because Move sales are bad is pathetic.

Ok so of course there is some people who would have bought a new 360 again. However since the 2nd week of the 360 being out M$ have been repairing free. Then after the first 6 month period they did 3 year warranty. I think many people are trying to make out this is Millions of people who didnt get theres replaced free. It's more realistically around 400,000. I'm sure everyone else had a brain.

Also dont forget Sony had PS3 Slim out early. The sales rose with PS3Slim. Many original PS3 users rebought there system as a Slim. The poor sales of GT5 compared to previous GT games says alot. In fact software sales of PS3 games are not as high as 360 games nor are the games which should be actually that much higher at all. What about PS3 being the cheapest BluRay Player for over a year? Lots of people bought one and do not use it for games.

People need to get a perspective on all this. This gen is far from straight forward numbers wise.

Around the Network

LOL @ ppl arguing using a bunch of guestimates they pulled of no where with no solid proof.

All I can say is the PSmove will flop and PS3 hate squad can go suck the big one, PS3 has been doing phenomenal and has been giving its fans a lot of high quality exclusives and yet haters still keep their bullshit "overship" or "shipped numbers is unreliable and the real ammount sold is X cause thats my guess".

selnor said:

We know as a FACT that Sony gives it's shipped numbers on Move as any Move product. Not just 1 actual user Move sale. The very very very high chance that less than 3-4 million individual users have Move is the absolute best estimate anyone can make. It's educated and very highly probable. 

As for the whole lets attack M$ actual 360 sales because Move sales are bad is pathetic.

Ok so of course there is some people who would have bought a new 360 again. However since the 2nd week of the 360 being out M$ have been repairing free. Then after the first 6 month period they did 3 year warranty. I think many people are trying to make out this is Millions of people who didnt get theres replaced free. It's more realistically around 400,000. I'm sure everyone else had a brain.

Also dont forget Sony had PS3 Slim out early. The sales rose with PS3Slim. Many original PS3 users rebought there system as a Slim. The poor sales of GT5 compared to previous GT games says alot. In fact software sales of PS3 games are not as high as 360 games nor are the games which should be actually that much higher at all. What about PS3 being the cheapest BluRay Player for over a year? Lots of people bought one and do not use it for games.

People need to get a perspective on all this. This gen is far from straight forward numbers wise.

Do we? Is it? I think you need a dictionary Under FACT.

Max King of the Wild said:
selnor said:

Do we? Is it? I think you need a dictionary Under FACT.

You really need to learn when a sentence ends. His first sentence and his second sentence are not using the same bases(the part you bolded). His first sentence is actual factual basis on the metric sony has provided in the past. His second statement is based on a logical guess, which may or may not be true. 

Any move product? That would mean Eyes, navs, and wands... that has been a debate and as i am aware has never been confirmed.  And there is no logic in that guess. just assumptions he knows what sony reports.

my questions stand

Around the Network

Any move product? That would mean Eyes, navs, and wands... that has been a debate and as i am aware has never been confirmed.  And there is no logic in that guess. just assumptions he knows what sony reports.

my questions stand

Any move product typically means the move product also known as the Wand. 

Acevil said:

my questions stand

Any move product typically means the move product also known as the Wand. 

I'm confused, didn't Sony specifically say in their last press release that the numbers only included the wand? They did not include the eye or nav. I may be wrong, but I remember it based on an argument some people were having back then. It's the 4 million sold press release by the way, may have been at the beginning of the year.

OP: Good job I guess, but we all knew that as soon as the Slim released, it was going to reach 50 million anyway. The 8 million Move thing is cool, because it's profitable for them at least, otherwise it's a piece of motion controller nonsense and I haven't seen a single game worth playing with it.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

darthdevidem01 said:
Acevil said:
Wagram said:
italo244 said:

Shipped?

Hey according to the 3DS people, shipped equals sold.

Well it does. <.< What people are confusing is the type of sale.... 

This guy is 3DS biasedz!

OT:

A huge milestone...the next 50 million will come sooner! lol

Hmmm I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't think so...

By the way, who would have thought a couple years ago that Sony fans would cheer over a 50 million milestone? Times have changed...

OT: I think they meant sold to retailers which means shipped.

selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
thismeintiel said:
Seece said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

LOL userbase is closer to 35/40 mill ... are you kidding ..

That stupid equation aside, it's not about what's active, it's about how many consumers have bought the product.

This is true. The three year warranty for the consumers who bought the 360's is up, unless they bought 360's a year or so after Microsoft announced the three year warranty.

This is what I call a hit and run post. You made everything up, there's not one fact, one good guess in that post.

Your points : Move is flop

answer: 8 million sold in six months

your point:MS offered 3year warrenty after 6 months.

answer: MS  denied RROD for almost a year. there tons of these systems on ebay, even those repaired, because they kept getting rrod, had to be changed to new ones. It was the outcry of so many people's console being rrod on a daily basis that forced MS to take action, by then millions had been affected. I would say at least 40 % if not more of the new Slim going to existing owners,

Your point: GT5 not selling as well as previous GT games. This one is funny because it's ahead of GT4 right now, lol.

MS sells more software than Sony:

MS does not release their software totals, the only numbers we know for sure is ms beat them in the US, and is about 100m ahead by VGchartz numbers which is basicly amount to that year head start the 36 had.

I'll be waiting for your answer.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)