By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So this's the end .... of the Wii.

I have a tear in my eye. I get the Wii since launch, and have a lot of great games and fun for me. My friends and I laugh with Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii and NSMBWii. I knew Resident Evil with all the ports and the rail-shooters, found the masterpice called Metroid and the incredible controls with Silent Hill.

I'll miss the Wii era...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Not reallly, with enough price cut, it will sell for a couple more years. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Khuutra said:
SmokedHostage said:

I'm infuriated.

To me, if these rumors are true, it spells that Nintendo likes giving into media pressure more than supporting a console.

Sad part, when the Wii 2 comes out MS and Sony will rush out their new machines only they will still get all the 3rd party support and 3rd parties will still bitch that the Wii 2 is underpowered.

If the rumors are true then Nintendo will have supported the Wii for six years, which is longer than t he norm for them.

Edit: And there's no good reason to assume this has anything to do with media pressure.

No, that is the norm for them. You can't base their support on two systems that had lackluster sales. Or did you think Nintendo didn't support the NES and SNES for that long?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I still enjoy the wii but i am ready for what is next, its so exciting that Nintendo is making a new console...! I expect the Wii 2 is not the height of the ps3 and xbox 360 but the height of the successors of the PS3 and Xbox 360

progstarmac said:

I still enjoy the wii but i am ready for what is next, its so exciting that Nintendo is making a new console...! I expect the Wii 2 is not the height of the ps3 and xbox 360 but the height of the successors of the PS3 and Xbox 360

Only if Nintendo either wants to make their system too expensive, or if Sony and Microsoft decide to hold back to save costs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

Wii still has more than a year left before the next Ninty console comes out, so this is hardly the end

LordTheNightKnight said:
progstarmac said:

Only if Nintendo either wants to make their system too expensive, or if Sony and Microsoft decide to hold back to save costs.

Yes, youre right, but i think Nintendo should do it at least better than xbox 360 and ps3, because the time they reach their successors that console will be a bit outdated compared for example with a possible xbox 720 or a PS4

JGarret said:

For some reason, I still don´t fully believe that, with 100% certainty, the Wii will be the console that gets Dragon Quest X...if news of a successor is true and all, I wonder if there´s any chance of the game moving to the "Wii 2"....it´d practically guarantee victory in Japan way before the release of the PS4.

You have two options

Release on a console that has millions of users already, and can be bought for the Japanese equivalent of $125-$150.

Or, delay it, spend a fuckton more on development, and then launch it on a platform that has a user base of a few hnundred thousand, and costs $300, and is supply constrained anyway so it can't even be biought for that price.

DQ needs a large userbase, and to be on a cheap console so that people can buy that console just for DQ. It will do VERY well on the Wii, it would do abysmally as a Wii2 launch title.

progstarmac said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
progstarmac said:

Yes, youre right, but i think Nintendo should do it at least better than xbox 360 and ps3, because the time they reach their successors that console will be a bit outdated compared for example with a possible xbox 720 or a PS4

I do think that the tech for outclassing those should be affordable soon, and without too much space or power consumptin either.

Nintendo has always been a 5/6 year cycle console company. They have released powerful consoles before (Gamecube) which in my opinion was not a hot seller due to the PS2's DVD playback. And if the rumors are true about Nintendo showing this to western publishers already then you bet they're serious about third party support. I for one can't wait for Nintendos next console and welcome it with open arms. :)

Also, as mentioned before Nintendo is still supporting the DS: bringing Solatorabo to Europe; come on NOA!, the new Kirby DS game, etc. We still have Kirby Wii, Rhythm Heaven Wii, DQ X, Zelda SS and hopefully Lost Story, Xenoblade in the west.

I see Nintendo supporting the Wii all they way up to the release of the Wii's succesor.