By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Demon's Souls overtracked, only 500K sold in the US

Hmmm it says shipped to north america, VGC america numbers consists of ALL americas not just north so I think its spot on.......

Around the Network
disolitude said:

For those that are too lazy to open link...don't bother. ITs in Japanese :)

If true, thats a shame. Its the best 3D Castlevania game ever made.

More like all those Castlevania games are the best 2d Demons souls ever made! *Snap*Snap*Snap*

XxXProphecyXxX said:

Hmmm it says shipped to north america, VGC america numbers consists of ALL americas not just north so I think its spot on.......

Well, it likely sold at most 450k in the US, and when including Mexico and Canada it can't be much higher than 500 or 525k.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Even at 500K that's very good numbers considering how the genre as a whole have performed this gen.

It just goes to show how small the gaming community on the internet really is =l

Around the Network

Looking on the bright side. I'm one of a select group of people who has known and loved one of the greatest games of this generation. Actually 2 games with Valkyria Chronicles.

Still would like to have had it sell better and here's hoping DS, if nothing else I hope it's primed the wider gaming community for Dark Souls, and here's hoping the 360 guys and girls can bring that game some good sales along with us on the PS3 side.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

yo_john117 said:

Thats unfortunate...DS deserves better sales then that.

Yeah. It deserve 200M when it's all said and done. DS still have games coming.

disolitude said:

For those that are too lazy to open link...don't bother. ITs in Japanese :)

If true, thats a shame. Its the best 3D Castlevania game ever made.

WHAT ?

why do u call this a catlevania game ?
hum ... no background relation ... gameplay relation perhaps ?
I dont know

Isn't DS "imply" an action RPG ?

Time to Work !

Could it be that the article refers only to Japan or Asia and not to the whole planet?

So

US --- 500k (units shipped)

Japan --- 210k (Famitsu)

Europe --- 150k (my estimation)

Asia and other minor countries --- 80k (my estimation)

Total --- 940k units.

It will easily be a million seller title.