By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm buying myself a new Xbox, and I want to buy it some presents

Munkeh111 said:
d21lewis said:

One cool side effect of having two Xbox 360's (at least, for me):  I tried to transfer my license to the new 360 via xbox.com and I couldn't get it to work.  I called Xbox customer service and talked to some hot sounding chick.  About a week later, I received an email saying that the license transfer was complete.  I picked some games to transfer to the new Xbox 360 and they worked great online and offline on the new console.......AND THE OLD CONSOLE.

I've taken both consoles online quite often (the new one is the Hardcore Xbox and the old one is the Casual Xbox) and all of the content is available on both Xbox's (about 60 games).  Toss in my Kinect and my Xbox is very happy.

--Unfortunately, you already have an Xbox.  If the one Xbox isn't getting much play, I don't think you're going to have much more fun with two.  Maybe you should grab some multi-plats for the 360 but if the 360 isn't your platform of choice like it is for me, I can't endorse your purchase of a second one.  Even with the built in Wi-Fi, better reliability, and slick redesign, it's still essentially just an Xbox.  Just save your money until something comes along that you feel compelled to play.

What is this license transfer thing?

Don't worry about me buying more consoles, I get very itch with these things and really felt like buying one... I know it is silly, but it is better than my itch causing me to buy a new phone midway through my console

All of your DLC, Purchased games from XBLA, and videos are tied to whichever Xbox you bought them on.  If you download them to a second Xbox, some of the videos, DLC, and most of the games won't work.  They'll revert back to demos (unless you sign into XBox Live as the purchaser of the content).  With a license transfer (go to Xbox.com and register your consoles), your content will be usable on the new Xbox whether you're online or off.

I was informed that content could only be tied to one Xbox at a time and that a license transfer could only be done once a year.  For some strange and wonderful reason, all of my content is available online and offline for both Xbox 360's no matter who's profile is using it. 

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Munkeh111 said:
d21lewis said:

One cool side effect of having two Xbox 360's (at least, for me):  I tried to transfer my license to the new 360 via xbox.com and I couldn't get it to work.  I called Xbox customer service and talked to some hot sounding chick.  About a week later, I received an email saying that the license transfer was complete.  I picked some games to transfer to the new Xbox 360 and they worked great online and offline on the new console.......AND THE OLD CONSOLE.

I've taken both consoles online quite often (the new one is the Hardcore Xbox and the old one is the Casual Xbox) and all of the content is available on both Xbox's (about 60 games).  Toss in my Kinect and my Xbox is very happy.

--Unfortunately, you already have an Xbox.  If the one Xbox isn't getting much play, I don't think you're going to have much more fun with two.  Maybe you should grab some multi-plats for the 360 but if the 360 isn't your platform of choice like it is for me, I can't endorse your purchase of a second one.  Even with the built in Wi-Fi, better reliability, and slick redesign, it's still essentially just an Xbox.  Just save your money until something comes along that you feel compelled to play.

What is this license transfer thing?

Don't worry about me buying more consoles, I get very itch with these things and really felt like buying one... I know it is silly, but it is better than my itch causing me to buy a new phone midway through my console

All of your DLC, Purchased games from XBLA, and videos are tied to whichever Xbox you bought them on.  If you download them to a second Xbox, some of the videos, DLC, and most of the games won't work.  They'll revert back to demos (unless you sign into XBox Live as the purchaser of the content).  With a license transfer (go to Xbox.com and register your consoles), your content will be usable on the new Xbox whether you're online or off.

I was informed that content could only be tied to one Xbox at a time and that a license transfer could only be done once a year.  For some strange and wonderful reason, all of my content is available online and offline for both Xbox 360's no matter who's profile is using it. 

Thank you! I will remember to sort this out when I get everything set up

disolitude said:

Deadly Premonition!

This.

Berstuck said:
disolitude said:

Deadly Premonition!

This.

I went to wikipedia, and one of the first words I saw was survival horror and then promptly ran away

venetica is a game u could put some time into and it has 3 endings , if u want too put the effort into seeing them.

two worlds 2 is pretty good,risen is decent and sacred 2 : fallen angel is worth the time u will invest in it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1