By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I Just Played Uncharted 2 For the First Time...

IN HD!

And my god, I had no idea how much I was missing. Would you guys believe I was gaming on a 19" Panasonic tube for a whole year? Everything you guys said about Uncharted 2 was right, and I thought it looked good before I upgraded to a 55" Samsung LED 3d tv :P

Oh and the 240HZ makes it look soooooo smooth, almost unnatural, so I put my TV on Game mode so I think it looks how Naughty Dog would want it.

I honestly feel like I'm playing the game for the first time, even though it's my third playthrough.

Around the Network

At first i thought you were really going to decribe you first time playing the game. I was all ready to go and say: "i started playing it recently and it`s really good!" :D

My bedroom tv isn`t a HD one, so i can`t share your joy! But maybe one day i`ll try it on my living room`s HD TV! :D
So far i only played there Ghost Recon AW on XBOX 360. Didn`t really notice that much of a difference.

for me Uncharted 2 was the first game i played in HD, and really i was blown away from the detail. it was crazy

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Ya I played uncharted 2 on a very shitty SDTV on my first playthrough, and the graphics were still amazing to me. Then I upgraded to an HDTV and I was blown away by the amazing graphics. SD to HD is a real big difference.

admit it..you just wanted to brag about your new TV didn't you? :P

and yea UC2 = looks amazing

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

It really is a pleasure to play, graphics-wise. And gameplay- and story-wise too, but the graphics are part of what makes it such a good game.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
CGI-Quality said:

It still holds it's own quite well in the wake of titles like Killzone 3, God of War III, or HEAVY RAIN. I can only imagine not being able to play it in HD.....would nearly kill the entire experience.

Something tells me Uncharted 3 may really be a leap we didn't see coming over this.

I actually played through the entire game on a SD TV. Still looked great.

I have a HD TV now, but it was interesting, some games held up well on SD screens- Killzone and Uncharted being prime examples while others in my collection like Just Cause 2 Halo 3 Resistance 2 looked rather poor.

Tigerlure said:

IN HD!

And my god, I had no idea how much I was missing. Would you guys believe I was gaming on a 19" Panasonic tube for a whole year? Everything you guys said about Uncharted 2 was right, and I thought it looked good before I upgraded to a 55" Samsung LED 3d tv :P

Oh and the 240HZ makes it look soooooo smooth, almost unnatural, so I put my TV on Game mode so I think it looks how Naughty Dog would want it.

I honestly feel like I'm playing the game for the first time, even though it's my third playthrough.

wow that must be a pleasure!

Im mostly playing on a 24" full hd pc-monitor, gives me beautiful pictures, but cannot be compared to what you just must have seen :D

Anyway, The moment I ordered a PS3 I ordered EVERYthing for a HD-upgrade. ai what a great day that was ^^

my friend was still playing with the red/yellow/white cables with the PS3 and a 50"hd television, but never knew about the hd, until I gave him a HDMI cable for free, he was BLOWN away!  bam! :D

CGI-Quality said:
Dallinor said:
CGI-Quality said:

It still holds it's own quite well in the wake of titles like Killzone 3, God of War III, or HEAVY RAIN. I can only imagine not being able to play it in HD.....would nearly kill the entire experience.

Something tells me Uncharted 3 may really be a leap we didn't see coming over this.

I actually played through the entire game on a SD TV. Still looked great.

I have a HD TV now, but it was interesting, some games held up well on SD screens- Killzone and Uncharted being prime examples while others in my collection like Just Cause 2 Halo 3 Resistance 2 looked rather poor.

I've played it in SD, but I couldn't imagine only being able to play it that way.

A 26" flickery old SD screen. Was the only way I could play it for over a year!

I think I might actually go back and replay through it, in all it's HD glory.

I used to play games on an SDTV, while my parents had the HDTV downstairs, and I remember having played Uncharted in SD, I was determined to see it in HD, so took my PS3 downstairs and was just blown away by how lovely things look in HD

I am now playing on a 100" HD projector, so things look even more amazing now!