By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are there more PS3 fans on the internet than any other, but...

Why are there more PS3 fans on the internet than any other, but...

Sony fans are loyal 111 32.27%

Nintendo/Microsoft fans j... 99 28.78%

i like pizza 57 16.57%

see results 75 21.80%

Total:342

but there are less ps3 owners than wii/360 owners?

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network

PS3 owners spend more time on the internet because the PS3 haZ no GameZzzz! Therefore they have more time...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Waaaaaaaaah?

You mean PS fans = PSP PS3.. 

Because we are soooo coool

Around the Network

ps3 has a web browser xbox don't and the one for the wii sucks?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

At the beginning of the generation, PS3 fans were criticized everywhere they went for their console choice IRL.  Even going into Gamestop to buy a PS3 game in 2007, the employees would question my console choice.  "Xbox 360 is getting Halo 3, why don't you like it?" 

As a result, people needed to vent on the internet.

We can even look at the history of this site.  At the beginning it was overwhelmingly Nintendo fanboys.  Most just freely attacked / trolled the PS3 and were even encouraged to do it by the mods at the time (FishyJoe, Shams, etc.).  Sony fans would almost be banned just for saying positive things about the PS3 while Nintendo fans (aka Gballzack) would get away with murder for a long time.  Eventually, the Sony fanboys started arriving to defend themselves and now there are more Sony fanboys than Nintendo fanboys on this site.

I think that's why MS fanboys never showed up here in numbers.  They were never caught in the fire as much.  At the beginning of the generation, there was more of the non-aggression pact between the 360 and Wii fans (aka Wii60.).

Sony fanboys had two fronts to fight (Nintendo and Microsoft) while Microsoft and Nintendo fanboys were mostly focused on Sony and not each other.  I guess it was because the underdogs uniting from last generation.  At least thats how it worked in Fanboy culture.  I was always more pro Nintendo and Sony and not so much MS. 

To this day, in raw membership this site is more pro Sony, but in power structure - it is more pro Nintendo.  People that run this site are more pro Nintendo, I think.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Probably generalizing here but they tend to be more informed than others, I myself am a PS fan and I go on all of the gaming websites to get gaming news. My Microsoft fan friends tend to be oblivious, while my Nintendo fan friends seem to be quite informed as well. So I don't know why that is, but its true 9/10 times.

FinalEvangelion said:

At the beginning of the generation, PS3 fans were criticized everywhere they went for their console choice IRL.  Even going into Gamestop to buy a PS3 game in 2007, the employees would question my console choice.  "Xbox 360 is getting Halo 3, why don't you like it?" 

We can even look at the history of this site.  At the beginning it was overwhelmingly Nintendo fanboys.  Most just freely attacked / trolled the PS3 and were even encouraged to do it by the mods at the time (FishyJoe, Shams, etc.).  Sony fans would almost be banned just for saying positive things about the PS3 while Nintendo fans (aka Gballzack) would get away with murder for a long time.  Eventually, the Sony fanboys started arriving to defend themselves and now there are more Sony fanboys than Nintendo fanboys on this site.

I think that's why MS fanboys never showed up here in numbers.  They were never caught in the fire as much.  At the beginning of the generation, there was more of the non-aggression pact between the 360 and Wii fans (aka Wii60.).

Sony fanboys had two fronts to fight (Nintendo and Microsoft) while Microsoft and Nintendo fanboys were mostly focused on Sony and not each other.  I guess it was because the underdogs uniting from last generation.  At least thats how it worked in Fanboy culture.  I was always more pro Nintendo and Sony and not so much MS. 

To this day, in raw membership this site is more pro Sony, but in power structure - it is more pro Nintendo.  People that run this site are more pro Nintendo, I think.

I like this, sums it up prety well lol.  I remember Fishyjoe.......ugh.

NYANKS said:
FinalEvangelion said:

I like this, sums it up prety well lol.  I remember Fishyjoe.......ugh.

Yeaah, I think he banned Sony fans exclusively - an usually for a very long time.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.