By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is so important a remake of Final Fantasy VII?

Why is so important a remake of Final Fantasy VII?

Because it's the best FF ever .. seriously 96 33.33%

Because a lot of things con be improved 42 14.58%

Because the fanbase demand it 65 22.57%

Because it's easy money 48 16.67%

I don't know 37 12.85%

Total:288
rocketpig said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Oh please...Like I said before no one cared about Half Life in 1998. Now It is just another shooter which is populer in the west. Yeah sure Half-Life sales is 9.3 million for PC and Half-Life 2 is 6.5 million. Seems like its going downwards to yeah?

Fall Out 3 and Half Life 2 is not in the FF7 era. Do you understand?

You really shouldn't talk about things you obviously don't know about. You were 12 in 1998. A LOT of people "cared" about Half-Life in 1998. It won a shitload of Game of the Year awards and it completely changed the FPS shooter scene, which was just starting to blow up during that time period. At the time, I didn't know a single PC gamer who didn't own the game by early 1999.

Obviously HL2 and FO3 were not FF7's time period, but their predecessors were. And those predecessors were incredibly popular and were two of the premiere industry-changing games that birthed the WRPG and FPS genres, which over the past decade have seriously hurt the JRPG in the west. Sales be damned, those two games were better, more forward-thinking, and have had more of an impact on the gaming landscape than FFVII, the zenith of JRPG gaming that has been followed by a downward spiral in the genre's sales.

Oh, and way to include HL2's sales but ignore that it has launched on nearly every platform and that most of its sales ARE NOT trackable (Steam) or bundled into other packages (Orange Box).

Its a FPS with rpg elements. Basically FPS which is obviously popular in the west.

Lets get back to Final Fantasy...

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Its a FPS with rpg elements. Basically FPS which is obviously popular in the west.

You haven't even played a Half-Life game, have you? There are no RPG elements in the series.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

For the same reason people on their fifties remember their teenage darlings.

rocketpig said:
deskpro2k3 said:

You haven't even played a Half-Life game, have you? There are no RPG elements in the series.

why you still talking?? Fall Out 3? dude c'mon I know you love your FPS, but damn...look rpg and fps don't really mix. end of story.  shoot someone 30 times in the head they don't die.. move on

deskpro2k3 said:
rocketpig said:
deskpro2k3 said:

why you still talking?? Fall Out 3? dude c'mon I know you love your FPS, but damn...look rpg and fps don't really mix. end of story.  shoot someone 30 times in the head they don't die.. move on

Yes, I love FPS games. That's why I booted up Bioshock 2 a few weeks ago and realized it was the first shooter I had played in over 12 months. I looooooooove me some shooters, so much that I take long breaks from them to play other games.

You're not even worth talking to. Go ahead and bow down to your dying genre that needs to turn Hollywood and remake a decent game that sold a lot of copies because it stopped trying to innovate two generations ago and is now completely devoid of new ideas.

PS. And Fallout 3 can barely be considered an FPS game and it certainly doesn't have "RPG elements". It is 100% RPG through and through, even more so than 99% of the "JPRGS" out there. Hell, Mass Effect is more shooter-ish than Fallout (and this discussion was primarely about previous Fallout games, which were isometric RPG games with zero shooter elements).

With that said, why are you talking at all? You started this conversation with me.

Around the Network

I'd much rather see a sequel to Final Fantasy IX.

rocketpig said:
deskpro2k3 said:
rocketpig said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Yes, I love FPS games. That's why I booted up Bioshock 2 a few weeks ago and realized it was the first shooter I had played in over 12 months. I looooooooove me some shooters, so much that I take long breaks from them to play other games.

What point are you trying make in this debate then?

You're not even worth talking to. Go ahead and bow down to your dying genre that needs to turn Hollywood and remake a decent game that sold a lot of copies because it stopped trying to innovate two generations ago and is now completely devoid of new ideas.

The fan base is there. Just most of them is not on Xbox360.

PS. And Fallout 3 can barely be considered an FPS game and it certainly doesn't have "RPG elements". It is 100% RPG through and through, even more so than 99% of the "JPRGS" out there. Hell, Mass Effect is more shooter-ish than Fallout (and this discussion was primarely about previous Fallout games, which were isometric RPG games with zero shooter elements).

With that said, why are you talking at all? You started this conversation with me.

you're the one who cant get a clue. opinions are opinions my friend, but Final Fantasy has a huge fan base and that is fact. Same for both your generic shooter games. That alone makes both game great. But, listen carefully. I really dont give a damn about Half-Life. This is my last attempt to put some knowledge into you.

If this is not an FPS game then I think you need to consider getting an eye exam.

deskpro2k3 said:
rocketpig said:
deskpro2k3 said:
rocketpig said:
deskpro2k3 said:

you're the one who cant get a clue. opinions are opinions my friend, but Final Fantasy has a huge fan base and that is fact. Same for both your generic shooter games. That alone makes both game great. But, listen carefully. I really dont give a damn about Half-Life. This is my last attempt to put some knowledge into you.

If this is not an FPS game then I think you need to consider getting an eye exam.

Have you even played these games? Fallout 3 does NOT play like an FPS game. Yes, it is a first person game and yes, your character does fire weapons. On a PC, it can be played more aggressively in FPS style. But mostly, it's an RPG. You choose your enemy and the game automates the hits for you, not unlike Parasite Eve or Mass Effect (though ME is more shooter-y).

But go ahead and "drop some knowledge on me", even though it's pretty apparent I've played a shit ton more video games than you have and have owned or played every major console of the past 20 years on top of being a PC gamer for much of that time.

And where did I say FF doesn't have a massive fanbase? Jesus, you're dense. If you don't see that JRPGs have lot much of their gaming clout over the past 15 years on consoles, you're just not paying attention. FF is the last JRPG franchise that really sells in high enough numbers to warrant the development.

deskpro2k3 said:
rocketpig said:
deskpro2k3 said:
rocketpig said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I can't help but read this without interjecting. Opinions are opinions... but opinions can also be wrong and ignorant... and much of what you've written is just that.

Please do some research before posting.

rocketpig said:

Have you even played these games? Fallout 3 does NOT play like an FPS game. Yes, it is a first person game and yes, your character does fire weapons. On a PC, it can be played more aggressively in FPS style. But mostly, it's an RPG. You choose your enemy and the game automates the hits for you, not unlike Parasite Eve or Mass Effect (though ME is more shooter-y).

Points for comfirming the obvious.

But go ahead and "drop some knowledge on me", even though it's pretty apparent I've played a shit ton more video games than you have and have owned or played every major console of the past 20 years on top of being a PC gamer for much of that time.

And where did I say FF doesn't have a massive fanbase? Jesus, you're dense. If you don't see that JRPGs have lot much of their gaming clout over the past 15 years on consoles, you're just not paying attention.

Like I said before, why you still here?

omg you really cant get a clue can you. obviously you're trying to get the last word but this is ridiculous now.