By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 Owner In The Hizzouse!!!

Thanks everyone! You see, this is what I feared. Tons of games that I want but no money!!

Other than playing Resident Evil 5, I downloaded a couple of demos. Here's what I thought:

Modern Warfare 2: For this one I was just curious to see how CoD games play on the HD consoles. Nothing spectacular but an overall good demo.

Killzone 3: I didn't enjoy this one as much as I thought I would. I guess I'm so used to playing CoD that it just feels different.

Heavenly Sword: Kinda meh. It's an ok game but it's not for me.

Uncharted 2: This demo blew me away! Everything about it was amazing. This is probably going to be my next purchase.

BioShock: Very impressive. I'm definitely going to pick this one up.

inFAMOUS: A very fun game. I've no doubt that I'm getting this one and maybe even the sequel.

The Darkness: It was good. Don't know yet if I'm going to get it though :/

Heavy Rain: It was ok. I think the reason it didn't "wow" me was because it seems like a very story-driven game and I had no idea what was going on. I'm still interested in it though.

Around the Network

Everyone mentioned great games but you need to get your hands on;

Yakuza 3 and 4! If you don't get it you'll have Yakuza's knocking at your door...

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
trasharmdsister12 said:

Killzone 2/3

Uncharted 1/2

Resistance 1/2

Valkyria Chronicles

Heavy Rain

Infamous

Ratchet and Clank Future series

God of War 3

LittleBigPlanet 1/2

Gran Turismo 5

Metal Gear Solid 4

Those are the ones I'd recommend from what I've played... and considering this is your first HD console I'd recommend some multiplats like Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood (play AC1 if you'd like to but it's pretty lackluster in comparison to the rest of the series), Mass Effect 2, Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Borderlands if you have someone to play with, Darksiders, GTA IV, and Red Dead Redemption.

Those are just off the top of my head. There are a lot of other great games. Hope you enjoy your PS3 . Add me to PSN if you'd like (see sig).

EDIT: Looked at my games and wanted to add the Ninja Gaiden Sigma series, Brutal Legend, Bioshock and TES: Oblivion to the list.

this, plus demons souls

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

The Darkness is probably now 5$,  and I recommend you to pick up some good old ones (like Bioshock) a lot of those games are probably only 5-15$....(Their is also an Oblivion/Bioshock pack)..

My advice: Buy one or two games, enjoy them and then buy more. I've got around 100 ps3/psp games and haven't played half of them so far. Remember when we were young and only had a game or two for months? We appreciated every game.

The ps3 has some amazing exclusives. You can start with MGS:4 and Uncharted though.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Flower, Flower, Flower, Flower, and Flower.

Don't listen to this guy, he's a spam bot.

See, he can't even respond to defend that horrible piece of garbage Flower ... I game that I've never personally played but believe I'll grow 3 sparkly clean vaginas if I ever attempted to.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
badgenome said:

Flower, Flower, Flower, Flower, and Flower.

I game that I've never personally played but believe I'll grow 3 sparkly clean vaginas if I ever attempted to.

3 more to add to your 1

Get rid of it and buy a good PC.

SSF4

Stacking

Assassin's Creed 2

Tomb Raider Trilogy

Infamous

Uncharted

Heavy Rain

R&C

Sly Collection, thelist  goes on and on and on

DaColdFlash said: