By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jack Tretton: Wii fading away; 3DS a babysitting tool.

kowenicki said:

I still think these are remarkebly similar

Jack in 2011

"They're starting to run out of steam now in terms of continuing to be relevant in 2011 and beyond. I mean, you've gotta be kidding me. Why would I buy a gaming system without a hard drive in it? How does this thing scale? Motion gaming is cute, but if I can only wave my arms six inches, how does this really feel like I'm doing true accurate motion gaming?"

"Our view of the 'Game Boy experience' is that it's a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those," he remarked. "He's too old for that."

jack in 2006

"the handheld devices from Nintendo and specifically in the case of the DS, we really feel like they're appealing to the same audience that Game Boy has always appealed to. And if you look at the adoption rate of the DS over the first 17 months, not only does it trail the PSP but it also trails their other platforms... They're potentially losing some of their core audience and they're not really expanding beyond that and we think we're expanding into a completely new audience as we did with PlayStation. And we'll do just what we did on PlayStation; we'll dip down to the younger consumer eventually and we'll ultimately appeal to that vastly Earth wide audience we carved out with the original PlayStation."

he wont learn... he's a bit silly.

and  5 years later DS has sold moe the double the PSP, in your face Mr Tretton.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

I don't need hard drives to play games, which is probably the only reason someone would buy a video game console. (well, the majority anyway).

Now jackboy will have more than anonymous on his ass... (and hairs and pimples and a tattoo that says "I love mom")

there isnt much nintendo is offering that appeals to me. so i understand what he is saying.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

The one thing I hate about Sony, they are so cocky and outspoken somtimes.

Around the Network

when it comes to the wii i do agree that its old tech, but come on dont say that.

oh and the ds has pokemon. take that!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Khuutra said:

So did

Did he just shit on every 20 who owns a PSP and intends to buy an NGP, or am I imagining what I just read

I think he did. It always amazes me how people work so hard to separe as if they are viewed differently by the public at large. Anyone who really thinks only X plays console Y should probably spend less time reading random message boards.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

radiantshadow92 said:

Nintendo just got kicked in the balls by that statement. Will they kick back?!

Nintendo will have kicked back when 3DS has sold 3 times the amount of NGP

Why does Sony keep this guy around? They should fire him and rebuke unemployment benefits for the bad PR it gives Sony.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

zgamer5 said:

when it comes to the wii i do agree that its old tech, but come on dont say that.

oh and the ds has pokemon. take that!

The PS3 and 360 are old tech as well. Its been what 4ish years since the release of the latest console platform? That is ridiculously long in terms of computer technology (console tech is a subset of that). If people are looking for the cutting edge in tech you should never turn to devices that have a lifespan over a couple years long.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229