By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - radient dawn question

I screwed up getting paragon in part 3. Does my Bouns EXP from part 3 trasfer over to part 4, so I can use it with paragon then? Thanks so much!

Around the Network

Paragon doesn't affect Bonus EXP. Bonus EXP usage remains the same, with or without.

Bonus EXP is separate for each party. When all parties combine, so does the Bonus EXP. Until then, it is separate for each party.

Besides that stay away from bonus EXP unless someone is REALLY underleveled or to fill out a character that advances via storyline(Sothe or Michia sp?) to fill them out before their advance. Using BExp to level them up they can only get 3 stats up. Your best bet is to take everybody you care about after each battle and put them at 99 exp so their first anything they'll level up. This will give everybody max stats keep your party nice and strong(especially important if you're playing on Normal or Hard mode.. this game does not pull any punches)

Paragon is nice(very nice) but if you use my method and level characters as evenly as possible the 2 you'll get from Elincias part will be pleanty to get everybody to max.

In answer to the actual question There's about 4 instances of paragon in the game maybe 3 I forget and you don't really need them perse unless you neglect somebody. Also they don't affect BExp

I wondered. I used 8K Bexp on a char with blossom and they still noly got 3 things from it and I was mad XD. I was going to use all my Bexp plus paragon on reyson, since he only levels up luck anyway. that way he will be able to dodge anything :D
but I am better off getting eveeryone to 99 than saving up all my part 3 Bexp into part 4 and then immidatly maxing out reyson?

andrewpeirce said:
I wondered. I used 8K Bexp on a char with blossom and they still noly got 3 things from it and I was mad XD. I was going to use all my Bexp plus paragon on reyson, since he only levels up luck anyway. that way he will be able to dodge anything :D
but I am better off getting eveeryone to 99 than saving up all my part 3 Bexp into part 4 and then immidatly maxing out reyson?

I think so honestly if you use your group properly balanced and move them as a unit rather then spread too thin it's almost worthless to level the heroins You'll eventually get his brother and sister who are actually better because they get Canto(they can use their unmoved movement after acting meaning they can run in refresh and run away) Or am I thinking wrong is Reyson one of the ones that can fly? ^^; Anyway the first heroin you get don't even bother with him use either his brother or sister.(you'll end up having too) I think you're far better off spending your EXP on the characters that actually do battle instead though. Spread it around you can even give some to your Heroin if you like but don't level them with BExp it's limiting. I'd highly suggest against it. Besides that Laguz stop at level 30 so they are seemingly more limited compared to the laguz units when unable to hold transformation(only the kings and later the dragon prince can do that) Don't neglect everybody though try to keep like 12 characters high level if you're gonna play favorites and try to keep them all alive or you may have trouble towards the end.

Around the Network

reyson is the one with canto. are the herons worth using at all then? And do the herons max at 30 or 40?

andrewpeirce said:
reyson is the one with canto. are the herons worth using at all then? And do the herons max at 30 or 40?

30 like all laguz and yeah they're worth it in that you'll NEED to use them at the end. At least one for the end areas but honestly they don't fight so as long as your characters are sufficient in making a wall to protect them they'll be fine. They should avoid combat at all costs(not hard at all if you think a bit and keep them behind just slightly or out of range of balistas(catapaults are not so bad as they seem to do small dmg) Basically use them for Gladr and for Blessing if you absolutely need it but other then that their level is mostly irrelevant. Remember before you start combat check what enemies have to use to attack/heal etc and plan out how to keep Reyson or whichever heroin you decide to use out of the long range magic as well. If you scan each enemy you'll eventually know which weapons do what just by images. That failing you can scan their inventory by highlighting the item and it'll tell you the range right in there.

yeah... but I have some satori sig scroll or something close to that, it says when they are 30 it will give them a secret skill of ultimate power. what skill is that? or is that only good to use on laguz kings?

I'm pretty certain it varies depending the tribe. It's not gonna work on the Laguz kings as they either have said skill or are full on skills(I know Tibarn had the max number of skills right away and he's a bad @$$) or very close to being full up on skills. As far as Laguz go, the Hawk Lion Raven king and the Wolf Queen prove amazing in fact they can never level up the whole game and still be useful in the endgame lol They basically make all the other Laguz look like crap. You know thinking about it lifes been hectic it may be level 40 but I don't think so lol. I might be confusing it with something else. On a side note did you pick up Harr?

haar is amazing, even though e only gets plus 1 or plus 2 stats for me every time >.>