By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think Square-Enix has lost it.

mario must have more spin offs than final fantasy

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
Ajax said:
Now, with the whole Final Fantasy IV thing going on, I just don't know what they've been thinking lately. They're not even bringing the new FF IV remake overseas (at least there are no plans to bring it here)! This is definitely an insult to everyone that lives outside of Japan. It's like if they're saying "We don't want you guys to get interested in what made the franchise great in the first place!"

that would mean another FF release, where on the other hand it seems to me that you think that they release to much remakes and spin-offs..

I should have said that I'm mostly sick of the spin-offs only, the remakes I don't mind, especially if it's to promote those FF games that were sometimes left out in the dark... FF IV is one of them in my opinion.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

the problem for square is that it's hard to launch a new popular rpg series
and rpgs are what they are good at

sony's got many studies doing al kind of genre's for years, where squares got mostly rpg teams, with many members that have mostly developed those kind of games

and besides final fantasy, no other rpg, except DQ in Japan, is big worldwide

so it's not so easy for them to come up with new money making ip's like it is for nintendo sony, or konami, or capcom or ms

''Hadouken!''

rudyrsr8 said:
Im waiting for SE to make some killer new IPs im tired of FF stuff dont get me wrong its all great but having over five related FF games come out in the span of 4 months is too much for me. Remakes while fun too many to deal with honestly they are just trying to cash in on their old ips and making people resent the old ips bc of the flood.

Every FF basically is a new IP. They have so little in common with each other.

and square will be in much more trouble if a major project fails unlike some big companies who have enough money to take some setbacks

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

so you really must understand in what a tricky position Square Enix actually is..

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
Square Enix makes great games still

BUT

the bar is so high for them that we complain quite quick about their games

if any other developer would have made FFX or XII people might have judged it different

I dissagree when was their last great/epic game?

I'd have to go as far back as Kingdom Hearts unless someone can freshen my memory.

The only one worth a shit, unless they convince me otherwise with these PS3 Final Fantasy's, at S-E anymore is that dude who made the characters for FF7 and I think directed Kingdom Hearts 1.

Their biggest gun Nobuo Uematsu took off.

FF13 is make or break for S-E IMO

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

My love of Squaresoft plummeted when I finished FFVII. I have never been more disappointed in a game than FFVII. I was less disappointed when I found out Santa Claus wasn't real. Then I played FFVIII and I never looked at Square the same way. FFIX and FFX gave me a hope that they were back but FFX-2 was the last nail in my Square fanboy coffin.

All Uematsu did was music, and I think he still works with them, just not FOR them.

I can't stand Nomura's designs and he gets way too much credit for Kingdom Hearts; it's not like he didn't have Kitase, Sakaguchi and others helping him out. I can't think of a more overrated "developer".

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:
All Uematsu did was music, and I think he still works with them, just not FOR them.

I can't stand Nomura's designs and he gets way too much credit for Kingdom Hearts; it's not like he didn't have Kitase, Sakaguchi and others helping him out. I can't think of a more overrated "developer".

If you didnt know, Uematsu's music enhanced those games to classic status.

please.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY