By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tempted to buy a Wii - What games should I look out for?

As long as you don't go into the Metroid Prime games expecting shooters, rather than what they actually are (first-person adventure games) I think you'll like MTP.

God, if I got a nickel every time I've wanted to slap the taste out of a person's mouth for complaining what a "boring shooter" Metroid Prime was...

Uh, anyways, you told me you're a big fan of RPG's, so you might want to check out the Virtual Console. Final Fantasy III/VI just got released on there, if you haven't played it. There's also Super Mario RPG, other Final Fantasy games, Secret of Mana, other RPG's I'm forgetting about, and my personal favorite in the genre - Chrono Trigger - is on the horizon, too.

I'll just leave it at that for now.

Around the Network

Aside from the obvious First-Party games every video gamer must have played:

Mario Galaxy1 2, New Super Mario Bros, Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Zelda-Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.

and a few third party Highlights

Resident Evil 4, Lego Star Wars, Monster Hunter 3, de Blob 1 2, Dead Space:Extraction, Mad World, Goldeneye, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom,

there are many hidden Perls in the Wii line-up:

I think that Fragile Dreams and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories are two of the most mature games in many years. More Perls: Endless Ocean 2, Sin&Punishment, Little Kings Story, Rogue Trooper, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Cursed Mountain, Pikmin 1 2 with New Play Control, Muramasa, Prince of Persia ...etc. These are no Blockbuster games and not for everyone, you must check four yourself :)

Wiiware has such gems too, like: Nyxquest, World of Goo, Jett Rocket, Cave Story, Lost Winds1 2, Sword&Soldiers

I could list a lot more than this but these are my favorites in no order and I moved 3rd party to thier own slot or  non would be listed.

Nintendo

Donkey Kong Country Returns

New Super Mairo Bros. Wii

Kirbys Epic Yarn

Warioland Shake it

Mario Kart WIi

Sin and Punishment Star Successor

Super Mario Galaxy 1/2

Wii Sports Resort

Metroid Prime Tri and Other M

Animal Crossing

3rd party

Muramasa The Demon Blade

A Boy and His Blob

Trauma Center Second Opinion

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing

Fragile Dreams

Heres a couple of the really good WiiWare games too

Cave Story

Lost Winds

Ninpanda said:

God, if I got a nickel every time I've wanted to slap the taste out of a person's mouth for complaining what a "boring shooter" Metroid Prime was...

Maybe people would not whine as much if other people would not recommend it for a shooter fan.

And in my opinion, the only worthwhile game on wii is Re4. You should get it.

Antabus said:
Ninpanda said:

Maybe people would not whine as much if other people would not recommend it for a shooter fan.

I've never recommended MPT to a shooter fan, but I assume that's what happened with you.

That's perfectly acceptable. It's just people who can't understand that Metroid Prime is not and was never meant to be a shooter, that grind my gears.

Around the Network
Smeags said:

If you enjoy Action/Action-Adventure Games...

Epic Mickey
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime Trilogy
No More Heroes 1/2
Okami
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

If you enjoy Fighting Games...

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution series
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

If you enjoy Platformer Games...

Kirby's Epic Yarn
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Sonic Colors
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2

If you enjoy RPG/Action-RPG Games....

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Rune Factory: Frontier

If you enjoy Shooters...

GoldenEye 007
House of the Dead: Overkill
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles/The Darkside Chronicles
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

If you enjoy Strategy/Strategy RPG Games...

Battalion Wars II
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Little King's Story
New Play Control! Pikmin/Pikmin 2
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

Or... you could check out the Wii Recommendation Guide for other games (plus WW games)

Yeah. But the way I said it was cooler

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

@anatabus  you think the best thing on Wii is a port of a port?? You must have a really low regards for the Wii

Smeags said:

If you enjoy Action/Action-Adventure Games...

Epic Mickey
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime Trilogy
No More Heroes 1/2
Okami
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Bully: Scholarhip Edition or Godfather: Blackhand Edition

Monster Hunter Tri

If you enjoy Fighting Games...

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution series
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

If you enjoy Platformer Games...

Kirby's Epic Yarn

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Sonic Colors
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2

If you enjoy RPG/Action-RPG Games....

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon ( I like Roguetype games)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Rune Factory: Frontier(*** I recommend this one, but it is not for everyone)

If you enjoy Shooters...

GoldenEye 007
House of the Dead: Overkill
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles/The Darkside Chronicles
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

Call of Duty: Black Ops

If you enjoy Strategy/Strategy RPG Games...

Battalion Wars II
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Little King's Story
New Play Control! Pikmin
/Pikmin 2
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

Get Mario Kart if you have people over, its great. The dancer in me recommends the MJ game but the gamer in me doesn't. I crossed out the games I never played or just didn't find must-haves........

Or... you could check out the Wii Recommendation Guide for other games (plus WW games)

Might have to put the flame shield up on this one O_O

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

^^^ yeah, im not going to flame you. no DKCReturns??? id thought all Ninty fans loved that game. No Mario Galaxy 1 or 2??? Even i like those (2 at least), no S&P 2??? or HOD Overkill that game craps all over RE light guns IMHO, no GE??? your killing me, thats the best FPS on WIi not called Black Ops

I would have normally said No More Heroes but I would suggest to wait for the PS3 version.