By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Sony sticks its penis in the hornet's nest?

Will Sony sticks its penis in the hornet's nest?

Yes 158 72.81%

No 59 27.19%

Total:217
twesterm said:

I don't agree with Sony's actions but Anonymous are nothing more than children .  Sure, they can screw stuff up but they aren't any better than the people they attack.  It's like they try to come off as Batman but they really come off as an eight year old with a cheap cape yelling as loud as he can.

Shhh they can hear you. :P

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:

If this is a serious attempt from a group in Anon, there's going to be a lot of mess at Sony, some fans are going to be pissed most likely, and well... there's not anything Sony or their fans can do about it. 

I'm kinda ignorant to this hacking crap...  What can they possibly do to sony, and should I be worried? lol

Galaki said:
twesterm said:

I don't agree with Sony's actions but Anonymous are nothing more than children .  Sure, they can screw stuff up but they aren't any better than the people they attack.  It's like they try to come off as Batman but they really come off as an eight year old with a cheap cape yelling as loud as he can.

Well. Consider how Sony's stance on trampling consumers' rights and they have the money to sway the court.

I'd say, time to play dirty.

Like I said, Sony is in the wrong in the whole lawsuit thing but this isn't really the way to get back at the mbecause it teaches them nothing.  Sure, they may screw with Sony but it's not like they're actually going to do much.

In the end they'll probably screw with the network for a day or two, piss of Sony, piss of the gamers, and really come out no better than they started.

Galaki said:
twesterm said:

Well. Consider how Sony's stance on trampling consumers' rights and they have the money to sway the court.

My rights are also a closed and fair network as well as funding the game industry by buying its games... 

Ricoswuave38 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

If this is a serious attempt from a group in Anon, there's going to be a lot of mess at Sony, some fans are going to be pissed most likely, and well... there's not anything Sony or their fans can do about it. 

I'm kinda ignorant to this hacking crap...  What can they possibly do to sony, and should I be worried? lol

Well in the past they've taken down entire sites, posted the information of those that use the site for all the world to see, they've destroyed valuable information they find on these servers that if not backed up will be lost forever, and if it is backed up it better not be online where they can find it or they might target that as well.

Basically if they could find the keys to the Playstation Network for example... they would, and they would bring it down if they felt the need to do so, but knowing their past antics they'd just set all the prices on PSN to zero and let the people on PSN do the rest just for the lulz

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
cura said:

lol, this guy is in dire need of a therapist. 

no, seriously you have no idea what a threat Anonymous really is. They gave the church of scientology a massive black eye, has basically destroyed the lives of the people holding Sgt. Manning captive over the whole wikileaks leaks, and has destroyed a security company. As well as shut down several government websites, among other things. You do not take a threat from them lightly or else they will destroy you.

If good sized portion of Anon is seriously going to target Sony, be very prepared for the PSN to be annihilated (or at least be taken offline for at least a week or two if its not hacked and crippled) as well as probably most of the executives within Sony to have all their personal information Doxed. It wouldn't destroy Sony, but Anon will severely damage them if this is true. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Xen said:
Galaki said:
twesterm said:

My rights are also a closed and fair network as well as funding the game industry by buying its games... 

No, that is your option to do that. You definitely should have the right to do whatever you want with your hardware. Whether it be play by someone's rules, or play by your own, its your choice.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Ricoswuave38 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Well in the past they've taken down entire sites, posted the information of those that use the site for all the world to see, they've destroyed valuable information they find on these servers that if not backed up will be lost forever, and if it is backed up it better not be online where they can find it or they might target that as well.

Basically if they could find the keys to the Playstation Network for example... they would, and they would bring it down if they felt the need to do so, but knowing their past antics they'd just set all the prices on PSN to zero and let the people on PSN do the rest just for the lulz

If they do that, I so hope I am informed.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

ok... that was a gltched double post...

ssj12 said:
cura said:

no, seriously you have no idea what a threat Anonymous really is. They gave the church of scientology a massive black eye, has basically destroyed the lives of the people holding Sgt. Manning captive over the whole wikileaks leaks, and has destroyed a security company. As well as shut down several government websites, among other things. You do not take a threat from them lightly or else they will destroy you.

If good sized portion of Anon is seriously going to target Sony, be very prepared for the PSN to be annihilated (or at least be taken offline for at least a week or two if its not hacked and crippled) as well as probably most of the executives within Sony to have all their personal information Doxed. It wouldn't destroy Sony, but Anon will severely damage them if this is true. 

Right, and we suffer along with that.  Why is that a good thing?

You seem to always put them up on a pedestal when they really have no reason what-so-ever to be.  They have no one's best interest in mind other than their own.  At best they're thugs.

ssj12 said:
cura said:

It's not often I agree with you but when a lot of your business is done online like Sony with PSN... it could be a bit more severe than the normal "black eye" they give a corporation.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000