By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 12 Ways Consoles Are Hurting PC Gaming

ssj12 said:
pizzahut451 said:
vlad321 said:
MrBubbles said:

sounds like pc gamers should be happy just to get any games at all with the amount of whining. 

Or you know, conole owners coudl wisen up and demand features that are lacking in their games, like mods, like good customers, not rewarding companies by bending over for them.

Nah, I dont need a 12 year old riding my ass with his ''rules'' and pretending to be 2nd Jesus on the server otherwise I#ll get banned. Lets pray to God that a community like the one on CS never hits PSN or Xbox live

apparently you have no idea how mods work at all.

I played CS quite a lot before, and I dont need those arrogant fuckhead mods warning me and banning me because I play the way I want and dont follow their ''rules'' on gameplay

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:

I played CS quite a lot before, and I dont need those arrogant fuckhead mods warning me and banning me because I play the way I want and dont follow their ''rules'' on gameplay

There are a million other servers out there, go to one you like and don't waste your time or make your own if it bothers you that much.

pizzahut451 said:
ssj12 said:
pizzahut451 said:
vlad321 said:
MrBubbles said:

sounds like pc gamers should be happy just to get any games at all with the amount of whining. 

Or you know, conole owners coudl wisen up and demand features that are lacking in their games, like mods, like good customers, not rewarding companies by bending over for them.

Nah, I dont need a 12 year old riding my ass with his ''rules'' and pretending to be 2nd Jesus on the server otherwise I#ll get banned. Lets pray to God that a community like the one on CS never hits PSN or Xbox live

ya... your confusing admins to game mods that CHANGE HOW A GAME IS PLAYED. Like ADDING A LAZER CANNON INTO COUNTER STRIKE. And apparently you don't know that Counter Strike was originally a mod for Half Life.

And rules are in games for a reason. I support rules like no (purposely) teamkilling, no awp (sometimes), no racism, no being an a**hole,  and play the game as intended! And most of the time I agree with no one under the age of 12 are allowed to speak on mic as half the time i was to strangle them.

Really its people who do not follow those simple rules that ruin the game for everyone else.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

well, you'd never see cool shit like this on consoles because of obviously copy right problems that publishers would have to face, and that's why free mods are cool shit.

Slimebeast said:
Mr Puggsly said:

What a bullshit article, its piracy that's hurting PC gaming. PC isn't the main focus of developers because it generates significantly less profits than consoles.

Developers could definitely raise the bar by taking advantage of modern PC gaming technology. But what's the point? The masses are just going to steal it.

Yeah, it's as simple as that.

And the consoles have the used game market, which hurts the developers more than any piracy. Even if you assume piracy is as bad (which is a luaghabley wrong assumption in itself), the used game market is worse.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
ssj12 said:
pizzahut451 said:
vlad321 said:
MrBubbles said:

Oh boy

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
pizzahut451 said:
ssj12 said:
pizzahut451 said:
vlad321 said:
MrBubbles said:

Oh boy

All I got from that is "I'm a dick on servers, and/or hack, and I am pissed that others can stop that." I guess LIVE is a perfect place for him.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

cory.ok said:
Zkuq said:
zarx said:

pah they didn't make Dragon age 2 for the "console" crowd they made it for the CoD crowd. They even came out and said that they were making an RPG that people that think they can't play RPGs because they are to complex.

I always felt the made it for the Mass Effect crowd.

cory.ok said:

1. there was also a mention of bad ports to computers, from my presopective computer gamers should be thanking the consoles for those ports, without the huge instal base of consoles there wouldnt be enough money to go around for the developers, meaning no game at all in many cases.

2. and one last point about dedicated servers, if a game doesnt get a dedicated server its not because of a console (console games can have dedicated servers too!) but rather a buisness decision, just a way to cut the cost of upkeep.

1. Without consoles, we'd be pretty close to having only PC gaming. Obviously in such case, PC games would sell a lot better and maybe we'd actually get content instead of all money spent on graphics and such.

2. PC game servers are typically paid for by gamers, not publishers, meaning it's not that different for the publisher whether they use dedicated servers or p2p.

1. even if there was only pc gaming, the barrier to entry for pc gaming is much higher, not everyone who buys a console would buy a gaming computer.

2. i cant think of any games where the playerbase, rather than a develop or publisher, supplies dedicated servers that are used, could you help me out?

CS:S, CS 1.6, DoD:S, TF2 etc...

dobby985 said:
cory.ok said:
Zkuq said:
zarx said:

pah they didn't make Dragon age 2 for the "console" crowd they made it for the CoD crowd. They even came out and said that they were making an RPG that people that think they can't play RPGs because they are to complex.

I always felt the made it for the Mass Effect crowd.

cory.ok said:

1. there was also a mention of bad ports to computers, from my presopective computer gamers should be thanking the consoles for those ports, without the huge instal base of consoles there wouldnt be enough money to go around for the developers, meaning no game at all in many cases.

2. and one last point about dedicated servers, if a game doesnt get a dedicated server its not because of a console (console games can have dedicated servers too!) but rather a buisness decision, just a way to cut the cost of upkeep.

1. Without consoles, we'd be pretty close to having only PC gaming. Obviously in such case, PC games would sell a lot better and maybe we'd actually get content instead of all money spent on graphics and such.

2. PC game servers are typically paid for by gamers, not publishers, meaning it's not that different for the publisher whether they use dedicated servers or p2p.

1. even if there was only pc gaming, the barrier to entry for pc gaming is much higher, not everyone who buys a console would buy a gaming computer.

2. i cant think of any games where the playerbase, rather than a develop or publisher, supplies dedicated servers that are used, could you help me out?

CS:S, CS 1.6, DoD:S, TF2 etc...

UTs, Quakes, BFs,.....

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:

@vlad what other genres do you use mods for besides FPS??? RTSs??? MMOs??? just cause you feel that PC owners are getting screwed dont take it out on me, put that rage somewhere else

If you have hardly any knowledge about the subject at hand, it's better to keep out of the discussion instead of getting people riled up with wrong assumptions and very subjective arguments.

This is probably the best Rol post I've ever read. Sehr schön, man darf die Hoffnung niemals aufgeben.