By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Personally I don't like Resident Evil to begin with, being or not being a hardcore gamer.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Around the Network
Narfer said:

Well... Is not hard core gamers included in "everyone?" Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't everyone... EVERYONE? Wii is made to target everyone, and it does. I am a hardcore gamer. I like every type of game and can be critical of any of them, and I must say, the Wii is for hardcore gamers, along with many other gamers.

Just because the Wii is the only console with pure fun games on it (games that have no real meaning or anything, but simply fun) doesnt mean its not also for hardcore gamers. I am a huge hardcore gamer and must say, I love games like warioware and wii sports/play (especially that tank game on wii play with a partner. thats great). Games like CoD, MoH, Godfather, excite truck, Madden (especially madden), and all the sports games are just as hardcore, and in manys opinion (such as mine) more hardcore as the other consoles versions. Also possible future Wii games like GTA will be just as good on the Wii, if not better (see godfather).

How can the Wii not be considered a next gen when it made the biggest leap of any of the consoles? How is it not more hardcore when it actually can put you into a game if you dont let pride stop you? I'll defend that the Wii is a hardcore gamers console to the end not just because it is, but because when I say the Wii is the only console I intend to get rather games like GTA come out for it or not, and then let someone say its not a hardcore gamers console, thats like saying I'm not a hardcore gamer. On the contrary, I'm a huge hardcore gamer who likes any type a game and probably has less of a life than anyone here. Video games are my life, as pathetic as that may be, I dont give a shit.

As hardocore gamer I am going to have to call you out on that one.

"Just because the Wii is the only console with pure fun games on it (games that have no real meaning or anything, but simply fun) doesnt mean its not also for hardcore gamers"

I am sorry but if all 3 systems firmly fit into a niche Wii(mindless fun), 360 (PC shooters and ports), PS3 (japanese action and RPG games) I know that as a gamer I would feel terribly dissapointed. I need variety and surprises and that includes huge twists and attacks on genre. Now it is less of an issue for me because I own all of em but I would judge a systems merit on variety and by what your saying the Wii wouldn't be all that great if its best games were just mindles fun. Only people who like to play those games would be attracted to the system and if the salse of last generation was an indicator, those type of gamers are niche.

EDIT: the hardcore most likely already played games like RE4 and ninja gaiden. So these games (RE4 and sigma) would not entice the hardcore to buy the system but it would serve to add more meat to the dinner plate of gamers who already own the systems (ps3 wii).

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Actually, there should be 2 spaces after a period.  Still, 1 is better than none...

Stof I think it was...FPS and TPS are still shooters and still the same game type to me.  The controls are slightly different, like in Oblivion where you can play 1st or 3rd person.  It just so happens that 1st is easier to control in that game.  Anyway, a shooter is still a shooter, and the xbox has plenty of them.  Bioware and now the creator of final fantasy is trying to add some RPGs along with elder scrolls so they now have more RPGs than before, but the Wii and PS3 seem to cover more genres still.

Anyway, I'm glad the Wii is getting Manhunt because it will actually be the best looking version of the game.  I wouldn't mind a Manhunt 3 on the PS3, though, heh. 

staticneuron said:
Narfer said:

Well... Is not hard core gamers included in "everyone?" Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't everyone... EVERYONE? Wii is made to target everyone, and it does. I am a hardcore gamer. I like every type of game and can be critical of any of them, and I must say, the Wii is for hardcore gamers, along with many other gamers.

Just because the Wii is the only console with pure fun games on it (games that have no real meaning or anything, but simply fun) doesnt mean its not also for hardcore gamers. I am a huge hardcore gamer and must say, I love games like warioware and wii sports/play (especially that tank game on wii play with a partner. thats great). Games like CoD, MoH, Godfather, excite truck, Madden (especially madden), and all the sports games are just as hardcore, and in manys opinion (such as mine) more hardcore as the other consoles versions. Also possible future Wii games like GTA will be just as good on the Wii, if not better (see godfather).

How can the Wii not be considered a next gen when it made the biggest leap of any of the consoles? How is it not more hardcore when it actually can put you into a game if you dont let pride stop you? I'll defend that the Wii is a hardcore gamers console to the end not just because it is, but because when I say the Wii is the only console I intend to get rather games like GTA come out for it or not, and then let someone say its not a hardcore gamers console, thats like saying I'm not a hardcore gamer. On the contrary, I'm a huge hardcore gamer who likes any type a game and probably has less of a life than anyone here. Video games are my life, as pathetic as that may be, I dont give a shit.

As hardocore gamer I am going to have to call you out on that one.

"Just because the Wii is the only console with pure fun games on it (games that have no real meaning or anything, but simply fun) doesnt mean its not also for hardcore gamers"

I am sorry but if all 3 systems firmly fit into a niche Wii(mindless fun), 360 (PC shooters and ports), PS3 (japanese action and RPG games) I know that as a gamer I would feel terribly dissapointed. I need variety and surprises and that includes huge twists and attacks on genre. Now it is less of an issue for me because I own all of em but I would judge a systems merit on variety and by what your saying the Wii wouldn't be all that great if its best games were just mindles fun. Only people who like to play those games would be attracted to the system and if the salse of last generation was an indicator, those type of gamers are niche.

EDIT: the hardcore most likely already played games like RE4 and ninja gaiden. So these games (RE4 and sigma) would not entice the hardcore to buy the system but it would serve to add more meat to the dinner plate of gamers who already own the systems (ps3 wii).

Actually, the 360 looks to be more of an RPG system right now. The PS3 has FFXIII, but that's just one game, and the 360 has quite a few upcoming RPGs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Here we go again... sjeez.... WII is not only mindless fun, why the heck do you think Fire Emblem, Sonic, Excite Truck, Swing Golf Pangya, Paper Mario, Treasure Land Z, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles have been created for? I don't really call them mindless piece of games because they require serious gaming. Then Resistance is nothing but a mindless shooting game either then. One bullet does enough to shoot the crap out of the mother ugly bastard.

I'm so sick and tired of these kind of stupid arguments I have to come up with everytime.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Around the Network
Narfer said:
NorthStar said:

Ok you say the Wii is no les than the 360. If you mean "fun" wise great everyone has thier own taste. I too think the Wii is Fun. Nintendo does gear there games toward a diverse audience not "hardcore gamers",But saying there is a slight insignificance of the Graphics.... Thats like a 360 owner arguing that their motion sensing is only slightly less responsive than the Wii mote(yes i know i said the 360 ).Anyway all I was trying to say is Nintendo wants that system to appeal to everyone. That will be hard to market as a System for everyone and "hardcore" gamers too. My main point is why would you have to feel like you have to defend it from being a Kid console honestly look around Kids know how to have fun. The Wii in the End is just NOT the same as a PS3 or a 360 not in the same class. Not a lower or higher class just different,and maybe not what is considered "next-Gen" as the tech isn't a new level (significantly above PS2 or X-box).To say Graphics mean nothing though thats kinda harsh and maybe misguided I know alot of people that Graphics matter ALOT to. It is great that if you do not care about a significant graphic a speed and storage upgrade to your game console and online isn't that big a deal for you. A wii is a great machine for you and many more. Lastly WiiGirl76 if all you nought on the PS2 wereRPG's you missed alot of GREAT games. Hopethepunctuation didn't offend anyone this time oops:P

I believe that, heh...Sorry, but the Wii did not make the biggest leap imo.  I think if anything it's an equal leap with the PS3 but in a different direction.  The PS3 dominates folding@home already with more than half of the workload.  That's some serious power for a console.  That's a leap.  It could well come to be that including blu-ray prices the mass market out of buying the console, too.  That's a leap.  The "leap" is graphics and how much can be on the screen and how realistic the games can be is a big leap.  Any style that is done on the Wii can be done on the PS3.  The only leap the Wii made was the control scheme.  That is certainly a leap of faith but it's not like it's too risky considering there are still buttons and buttons could be translated to simple motions like they are for most games.  Oh, and you continually understimate the PS3's motion detection, but whatever. Different direction, but the Wii doesn't have everything and it can't do near the things that PS3 can do. 

You are right about the Wii having "hardcore" games, but some gametypes will just be better on the other 2 consoles. 

WiiGirl76 said:

Here we go again... sjeez.... WII is not only mindless fun, why the heck do you think Fire Emblem, Sonic, Excite Truck, Swing Golf Pangya, Paper Mario, Treasure Land Z, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles have been created for? I don't really call them mindless piece of games because they require serious gaming. Then Resistance is nothing but a mindless shooting game either then. One bullet does enough to shoot the crap out of the mother ugly bastard.

I'm so sick and tired of these kind of stupid arguments I have to come up with everytime.

They require serious gaming? One bullet?

There is a huge difference between red steel and resistance.  All shooting games require you to shoot a gun but your reasoning makes as much sense as sayying rad racer and gran turismo 3 take the same amount of gaming.

Games have different tonalities, difficulty, atmosphere and presence. Most Wii games I have played seem not to take themselves seriously (witht he exception of zelda) and have an emphasis on gameplay over storyline instead of a healthy mix of both.

Resistance gameplay is actually pretty straight forward and less than spectacular but at least it tries to feed you a story that keeps you moving on.

It comes down to choice. It is similar to the question of liking action movies that's filled with explosions and seems like a five year old wrote it or an action movie that puts the uses action to complete a movie.

And is it just me or does the Wii games seem like cake? I am pushing through super paper maria--- er mario, without thinking to hard.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

staticneuron said:
WiiGirl76 said:

They require serious gaming? One bullet?

There is a huge difference between red steel and resistance. All shooting games require you to shoot a gun but your reasoning makes as much sense as sayying rad racer and gran turismo 3 take the same amount of gaming.

Games have different tonalities, difficulty, atmosphere and presence. Most Wii games I have played seem not to take themselves seriously (witht he exception of zelda) and have an emphasis on gameplay over storyline instead of a healthy mix of both.

Resistance gameplay is actually pretty straight forward and less than spectacular but at least it tries to feed you a story that keeps you moving on.

It comes down to choice. It is similar to the question of liking action movies that's filled with explosions and seems like a five year old wrote it or an action movie that puts the uses action to complete a movie.

And is it just me or does the Wii games seem like cake? I am pushing through super paper maria--- er mario, without thinking to hard.

Well remember Super Paper Mario's basically a GC game...so it's a GC game like cake then.  It's a very easy game though.  SSX Blur isn't exactly a walk in the park though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Ahh.. I have not tried blur yet. That will be next pick up then.

WiiGirl76 said:
That sums it all up what I meant, finally someone who understands my point as well.  Seems like it we're made for the job to promote the real meaning of the WII

Pleasure to be part of the team.

Too bad no matter how much viable infomation and reasoning we dish out, some idiot just comes back and says "wii is for mindless fun!"  Ugh... *cuts wrist*  How about backing up your statements with the whole truth.  The wii is for mindless fun, but it is just as much for hardcore gamers and inbetween.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.