By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will be released in Christmas 2008

too long

Around the Network
Entroper said:
CrazzyMan said:

Last time checked on Jump Festa 2008 FFXIII had Playstation 3 ONLY. It was numerious times stated that FFXIII is PS3 exclusive game. x360 just simply CAN`T handle SUCH graphics.

Some of us just simply CAN`T handle SUCH random CAPITALIZATION of WORDS.

It`s offtop.

But name me Better looking:
3D paltofrmer,
3rd person action game,
Driving game,
Slasher-beat`em up.
on x360, then on PS3.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I cannot help but notice Leo-J has not provided proof, but as another poster pointed out it is a moot point. Final Fantasy supposedly is running off of the White engine, and that is a multiplatform engine. That said the game probably is not optimized to take full advantage of the PS3. Instead its somewhere that both consoles can handle.

That is a kind of irony in a sense the 360 might be holding back the PS3s potential. Not that Sony or any in the development community have any plans of pushing it in the future.

CrazzyMan said:
Entroper said:
CrazzyMan said:

Last time checked on Jump Festa 2008 FFXIII had Playstation 3 ONLY. It was numerious times stated that FFXIII is PS3 exclusive game. x360 just simply CAN`T handle SUCH graphics.

Some of us just simply CAN`T handle SUCH random CAPITALIZATION of WORDS.

It`s offtop.

But name me Better looking:
3D paltofrmer,
3rd person action game,
Driving game,
Slasher-beat`em up.
on x360, then on PS3.

PALTOFRMERS FTW! =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

it would be a big system seller but i think 2009 is more likely for release.

Around the Network

You know, I think crazzyman does have a point.
Since The Orange Box, all multi-plats have been pretty much equal in technical quality (or very slightly better on PS3 a la Burnout Paradise and CoD4; please remember, I'm talking about technical quality, not the overall game). Also, since Rachet and Clank came out, I can't think of a single exclusive 360 game that is better technically than exclusive PS3 games. I could be wrong, but my personal opinion is that the PS3 is more powerful technically than the 360 in ALL areas, especially CPU (Cell vs. Xenon? no contest) and storage media. (BD vs DVD dl? again, no contest) Also, when I saw the teaser trailer for GT5:P on Playstation Blog, for a split second I thought they were showing actual video instead of CGI. While the 360 is probably capable of rendering these types of graphics, I seriously doubt that a dual-layer DVD would have even close to enough space to hold all the info.
I've come to realize that the 360's hobble is the DVD. Using a dated technology for something as important as storage media (important because you can't upgrade it without releasing another console. Anyone remember Sega 32X?) was the dumbest thing M$ did when designing the 360. Not including a hard-drive in all models was another, but that's another story...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

My prediction: Christmas for JP release, Spring 09 for Europe/US. Pretty much just as Prologue schedule.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!