By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS perfectly follows the PS3 path to success

Resistance is not a 1st party title....

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network

Haven't DS games been 40$ new for a while now? I think they changed it a couple years back, I haven't seen any at 29.99 in a long time.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Anyways...

I am not saying 3DS will be as unsuccessful as PS3. It's not quite as far off the deep end and it doesn't have the competition. Plus Nintendo are financially stronger and have better first party studios to bail them out more quickly, a la rushing NSMBW for Xmas 2009. But if DS ends up selling 180 million and 3DS only sells 100 million, that will look pretty bad.

It's more about the systems appearing to be startling changes of direction for the company, which upon closer inspection shouldn't be that startling.

And this isn't a dig at PS3 or PS3 fans/owners either. You gotta admit that things went bad when PS3 forced Kutaragi to step down.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

A Bad Clown said:

Haven't DS games been 40$ new for a while now? I think they changed it a couple years back, I haven't seen any at 29.99 in a long time.

No Nintendo titles are 35, some third parties try to get by with 35 as well, typically its 30... unless you're square and think you can get by with charging 40 dollars for games like Chrono Trigger lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

PS3s hardware wasn't underwelming at launch 

Around the Network

April Fools!

:P

A Bad Clown said:

40$ is not bad price but that's only for Americans.

UK and EU seems to be more on short end of stick with 3DS games pricing with many of them selling just a few pounds less below PS3/X360 games levels.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

MaxwellGT2000 said:
A Bad Clown said:

No Nintendo titles are 35, some third parties try to get by with 35 as well, typically its 30... unless you're square and think you can get by with charging 40 dollars for games like Chrono Trigger lol

one thing i find funny about the video game industry is how all the games cost the same.  So many companies might say "oh we can't compete with nintendo"

um hello, why not use the oldest business model in the world.  LOWER YOUR PRICES.  if your game can't compete at $50, then sell for $45, or $40.  Some games like say Zelda or Final Fantasy or Halo could get away with selling for say $60 or $70 respectively and still be just fine.

Who decided and made it be that all games come out at $50 regardless of quality, content, ect. 

why would anybody ever want a lite model of this thing? XL would be where it's at, not an even smaller version.

dahuman said:

why would anybody ever want a lite model of this thing? XL would be where it's at, not an even smaller version.

give up, since this was introduced i have been correcting people saying this is already a "lite" version and the only change would be to make a larger version or add features

i have the ds lite, no other ds.  and the 3ds is exactly the same size as teh ds lite.  it is a little bit heavier, that is only difference.  their dimensions are as equal as human eye can detect.  i think looking online you can see a millimeter here or there difference