By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS perfectly follows the PS3 path to success

nice first post stretching everything you can to sort of resemble

i really love the waiting years for games to come out comment. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Albion said:

I see alot of people saying it has no good launch games.

What you dont know is.

All you need with your 3DS right now is a Racer. 3D makes racing games 100 times better

Its fun as ballz

Don't say "a racer", because it could trick people into buying Asphalt 3D. Ridge Racer 3D is what you should recommend.

I havent tryed Asphalt so i can't coment on it.  If you do your homework you can see right away

Ridge Racer 3D is "The best pick" of the two in my opinion

^^^ i love Ridge Racer as much as the the next guy, but their is no way in hell im putting down 290 just to play a series ive been playing since PS1 just to see it in a 3D i dont even care for (glasses for me!!). Ill wait for more games, in the meantime R4(the best one IMO) is on PSN for 6 bucks and i could whip out my RR for PSP (which is my fav) if i could find the damn thing

oniyide said:

^^^ i love Ridge Racer as much as the the next guy, but their is no way in hell im putting down 290 just to play a series ive been playing since PS1 just to see it in a 3D i dont even care for (glasses for me!!). Ill wait for more games, in the meantime R4(the best one IMO) is on PSN for 6 bucks and i could whip out my RR for PSP (which is my fav) if i could find the damn thing

It is alot of money, to drop for a racer.  Agreed.

Don't underestimat 3D racing though.

Its really taking the experience and multiplying the fun by 10

I feel this will totaly re-vitalise the genre.

There is alot of skeptical people. If you have the money,  get it.

Its not a Wii. Its way better. Stop resiting it >,..,< lol

Erik Aston said:

3DS perfectly follows the PS3 path to success

The 3DS is ripe for disruption.

Early adopters are pinning their hopes on future games that we know nothing about, and probably won't come out for years, like 2D Mario.

The hardware itself is so underwhelming yet expensive that many people decide right from launch to wait for the inevitable Lite model.

Tacked-on, Wii-aping, impractical motion controls are added just so they can claim it's not only about graphics.

The overall games lineup and direction of the console is so uninspiring that apologists seriously talk about backwards compatibility as a major feature.

Around the Network

I said when the 3DS was first shown; "Will the 3DS fail because I want one?"

I baught a ps3 at launch, appreciate tech specs, good hardware, and Nintendo franchises having the possibility to return to glory for the core gamer, (all my opinions of course)

It is still way too early to tell and whats interesting is that now I havent gotten a 3DS, because I dont feel compelled to... if Zelda OOT had launched with it, I would probably have it by now.   i digress.

LIke I said too early to tell, The 3DS will most likely be a resounding success.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Not quite as... pronounced as the PS3, but I agree that there are some parallels.

I've said it before, but the 3DS looks to me like an attempt to flee upmarket. More expensive hardware, more expensive software, and a clear focus on established game franchises. Maybe Nintendo will prove me wrong by putting out a title for the expanded audience. On the key value of mobility, the 3DS actually performs worse than its predecessor by demonstrating a substantially shorter battery life. 

I'm still going to get one sooner or later, but I expect the 3DS will sell fewer units than the DS did.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

i actually really like the OP. He made soem really good points and shown the similarities. Great post!

so if it follows ps3's path, it wont start good but eventually will have the best games library and everyone will wish they had one?

NGP is dooooomed

The first part is definetly wrong.. There is a visual upgrade.. But comparing HD graphics to the inclusion of 3D is just... Stupid. The 3D will sell it because it is a cool gimmick that will sell assloads because it is finally mass marketable. Wii did it, 3DS will do it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive