By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Halo Lore and Universe Thread

^^'  You just could have linked to an article..   Anyway their can't be enough Halo threads;.

Around the Network

Nice! I'm impressed with the amount of work that went into this thread!

This is a great thread. You should put up information about the terminals since they explain so much about the story. I can give you a useful link that summarizes the information if you want. Also did anyone read the Forerunner novel, if so what did you think?

There are so many interesting characters in the Halo universe like Cole, Halsey, Mendicant Bias and Tartarus that it would be hard to talk about all of them.

@Notstan

The story of Red squad is actually told in Halo Reach through the use of radio transmissions throughout different levels. I havent read the whole thing but basically Red team goes up against an armada of thousands of covenant while a marine unit watches from cover. I don't remember if they survive but they dealt some major damage, single handidly taking out wraiths and so forth.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Dw Bayuum, it was just a joke , I didn't say it seriously. Just saying that they can milk it.

Yeah Medicate Bias, there were several squads deployed on Reach, the book is vague in regards to their ending other than certain death, when Reach got glassed. I haven't really found any extracts, so will check it out later, I think Red team was present in Fall of Reach, wasn't MC the leader of the blue team?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

awesome thread idea, is there a possibility of key planets coming? (including expanded universe stuff)

Around the Network

Hey guys thanks for the awesome feedback I really appreciate the love and support! I'm going to be taking this thread even deeper guys thats what that third post in the opening of the thread is for.  Some topics that will be covered are.

The Forerunner - Flood war including information on Mendicate Bias, Offensive Bias, and the Epic battles with the Gravemind.

The Halo Rings and Other Forerunner constructs such as shield worlds.

A deep breakdown of the Covenant Religion and what exactly caused them to see the Human Race as heretics

as well as multiple other topics.  Feel free to leave some more suggestions guys and lets turn this into the ULTIMATE HALO thread!

The problem with the Halo Universe is how Bungie don't really take much care about the Universe... For example I thought in the books halo encyclopedia the battle in Reach only took one day....And if you play the game..It took longer than one day =p...

Lostplanet22 said:

The problem with the Halo Universe is how Bungie don't really take much care about the Universe... For example I thought in the books halo encyclopedia the battle in Reach only took one day....And if you play the game..It took longer than one day =p...

Actually up until Halo Reach Bungie had done a fantastic job of keeping consistant cannon though there are certainly some inconsistancies in the lore with Halo Reach the game.

I mostly just brush these differences off as creative freedom and consider The Fall Of Reach novel by Eric Nylund as the true cannon since it fits in better with the overall Universe.  I still consider Noble Six and the rest of Noble Team as true Universe characters just not some of the specific events in the game.

But that was because they couldn't fuck it up that badly.. The books were written on what did in the games...but even then...and that made me really sad...When you play Halo 2 you have this amazing Covenant species war...It was not only the Elite..But also the Hunters joining the Elites and half of the Grunts aswell...Only the Jackals/Brutes stayed with prophets (not sure what the Drones did) and then you play Halo 3 and everything is like nothing happened...The elites stepped out of it that is all...  Halo 2's story was really great and I even loved to play as the arbiter..

very great thread I was always intrested in the Halo universe

have you guys seen Legends, what you think?