By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - China's One Child Policy is a great policy.

mrstickball said:
pizzahut451 said:
sapphi_snake said:

They do. Just watch documentaries regarding North Korea and stop making assumptions.

They dont worhsip him as a higher power deity (aka God-religion), I dont need to watch a western made anti communist propaganda documentary on them to know that

Dude, you need to stop with the idiocy and watch a film about the DPRK.

They worship their leader as a supernatural deity. Watch the videos of when Kim Il Sung died. They aren't 'Western-made anti-communist propaganda documentaries'. They are simply people smuggling in cameras to film what they are allowed to by the government, and show how deplorable conditions are.

Its absolutely deplorable what they go through. Of course, if you want to be brain-dead and not learn about what opression looks like, feel free to continue blindly.

Well than, that has to do with thier own stupidity, because worshiping a mortal man as God is retarded, and it sure as hell doesnt compare itself to religion, which was my point in the first place. Religion strictly forbids worshiping a man.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
mrstickball said:
pizzahut451 said:
sapphi_snake said:

They do. Just watch documentaries regarding North Korea and stop making assumptions.

They dont worhsip him as a higher power deity (aka God-religion), I dont need to watch a western made anti communist propaganda documentary on them to know that

They worship their leader as a supernatural deity. Watch the videos of when Kim Il Sung died. They aren't 'Western-made anti-communist propaganda documentaries'. They are simply people smuggling in cameras to film what they are allowed to by the government, and show how deplorable conditions are.

Its absolutely deplorable what they go through. Of course, if you want to be brain-dead and not learn about what opression looks like, feel free to continue blindly.

Well than, that has to do with thier own stupidity, because worshiping a mortal man as God is retarded, and it sure as hell doesnt compare itself to relgion, which was my point in the first place

It doesn't change the fact they do.

If you read your Bible, you'd notice that people worshipped anything and everything, regardless if it was intelligent or not. Paul noticed that the Greeks had a statue they worshipped to an unknown God at Mars Hill. Therefore, it shouldn't surprise you that the North Koreans have turned their leader into a diety to be ascribed worship to, and attribute miracles to him.

So I'd say that it does compare to organized religions. They have a deity, they have a church, they have preists, they have a holy text. Go read up on Juche.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
pizzahut451 said:
mrstickball said:
pizzahut451 said:
sapphi_snake said:

Well than, that has to do with thier own stupidity, because worshiping a mortal man as God is retarded, and it sure as hell doesnt compare itself to relgion, which was my point in the first place

If you read your Bible, you'd notice that people worshipped anything and everything, regardless if it was intelligent or not. Paul noticed that the Greeks had a statue they worshipped to an unknown God at Mars Hill. Therefore, it shouldn't surprise you that the North Koreans have turned their leader into a diety to be ascribed worship to, and attribute miracles to him.

So I'd say that it does compare to organized religions. They have a deity, they have a church, they have preists, they have a holy text. Go read up on Juche.

North Koreans worship their leader as a God. North Koreans are oppressed and are trapped in poverty. 

Germans worshipped Hitler as God, Russians worshipped Stalin and Lenin as Gods and the Chinese worshipped Chairman Mao as God are just a few many examples of the leader being a God and leader of a cult like fanatical religious following.

Islamic nations with dictatorships have a corrupt rich and powerful man as leader who uses Communism and Religion to oppress the people to maintain power and control. Egypt and Libya are clear examples of that where an evil man rules as dictator and the majority of the people are trapped in poverty.  

Modern dictators of the last 100 years have been very similar to Medieval kings, warlords and Egyptian Pharoahs. All the nations wealth is in the hands of one King or Queen and he shares some with his friends, family and military. The rest of the population are expendable slaves and live in poverty.

"Ever since monopoly capital took over the world, it has kept the greater part of humanity in poverty, dividing all the profits among the group of the most powerful countries. The standard of living in those countries is based on the extreme poverty of our countries." - Che Guevara

pizzahut451 said:
mrstickball said:
pizzahut451 said:
sapphi_snake said:

Well than, that has to do with thier own stupidity, because worshiping a mortal man as God is retarded, and it sure as hell doesnt compare itself to religion, which was my point in the first place. Religion strictly forbids worshiping a man.

Christianity anyone?

Around the Network
scottie said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_equivalent

The first is obviously a typo, or they simply divided the CO2e emissions by twice the mass of an oxygen molecule, which changes all the numbers by the same amount.

Yeah, all these studies look at per capita, as they say several times. China has the biggest output because it has a huge population. The conclusion that more people emit more CO2e should not shock anyone.

Regardless, most of these graphs are concerned with changes in CO2e, GDP within countries.

Facts are - in order to develop a country quickly, the fastest way involves doing exactly what China is doing now, what Russia did around 1920's-1930's.

Additionally, having more money means people buy more, they replace cars quicker etc, which adds to CO2e emissions

Additionally, please no-one quote my original post, I think I may have broken the thread. If you wish to have me notice your response, start it with @scottie

No No and no. The studies you have quoted use per capita figures, which are very misleading since the average person does not emit a lot of carbon. Businesses do, The US has FAR more big carbon emitting inductrial businesses per capita than China, which is why China seems to have such a small amount in comparison. In reality, China's industrial businesses produce more carbon than thier US counterparts.

"Facts are - in order to develop a country quickly, the fastest way involves doing exactly what China is doing now, what Russia did around 1920's-1930's."

Expound please.

Lastly, Having more money means people buy cleaner products that pollute less, to use your example, people that buy new cars on a regular basis are lowering their carbon output on a regular basis due to newer cars getting better mileage, and having better emission control systems.

At any rate, Carbon is not a polutant, it is a natural element that is viatl in the ecological cycle. Emitting more into the atmosphere ony encourages plant growth, which is good for everybody. There have been studies on this, however, I cannot seem to find a lin to one atm.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

mrstickball said:
pizzahut451 said:
mrstickball said:
pizzahut451 said:
sapphi_snake said:

The Greeks still thought it was a GOD. And the Bible strictly forbbids idols and man worshiping. Heck, I dont think any religion worshipped a man, like the Koreans do, and thus my point stands. Communism- worshipping a man or people. Religion - worshiping a a higher power deity superior in everything compared to mortal man. If North Koreans believe a mortal man can be a God, so be it, but it sure as hell doesnt compare itself to religion (although I highly doubt they do, I ve seen so many fake cries on that video, its sad.)

ManusJustus said:
pizzahut451 said:
mrstickball said:
pizzahut451 said:
sapphi_snake said:

Christianity anyone?

Excuse me?

Tony_Stark said:
scottie said:

No No and no. The studies you have quoted use per capita figures, which are very misleading since the average person does not emit a lot of carbon. Businesses do, The US has FAR more big carbon emitting inductrial businesses per capita than China, which is why China seems to have such a small amount in comparison. In reality, China's industrial businesses produce more carbon than thier US counterparts.

"Facts are - in order to develop a country quickly, the fastest way involves doing exactly what China is doing now, what Russia did around 1920's-1930's."

Expound please.

Lastly, Having more money means people buy cleaner products that pollute less, to use your example, people that buy new cars on a regular basis are lowering their carbon output on a regular basis due to newer cars getting better mileage, and having better emission control systems.

At any rate, Carbon is not a polutant, it is a natural element that is viatl in the ecological cycle. Emitting more into the atmosphere ony encourages plant growth, which is good for everybody. There have been studies on this, however, I cannot seem to find a lin to one atm.

Uh, yeah. Per capita figures take the total CO2e output of the country (including industry) and divide it by the population. Regardless, look back at the graphs and ignore the comparisons between countries and just look at the data for China, note how as the GDP/capita increases, so does CO2e output. Now look at the USA, note how as the GDP/capita increases, so does CO2e output. Now look at India, note how as the GDP/capita increases, so does CO2e output. You get the point I hope

Haha, yes, Carbon Dioxide is natural, so lets dump lots of it into the environment. You know what else is natural? Mercury, lead, arsenic, Plutonium, Uranium. Lets dump them in the water supply, 100% natural, guarenteed. There is a certain amount of natural CO2e in the environment, and then we are pumping extra in, which has negative effects. If you can't grasp that CO2 leads to climate change then I see no reason to continue this conversation.