By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 Face-Off PS3 vs 360 [Digital Foundry]

kowenicki said:

Playing it now...  some parts are jaw dropping to look at.

Just get it.

^^^ this

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:
thismeintiel said:

Unlike others in here, I will not compare the graphics of Crysis 2 with some PS3 exclusives.  Instead I will do the adult thing and compare its sales to determine if it is a good game.  So, will Crysis 2 sell as much as Killzone 2 (2.6 mil), GoW 3 (3.6 mil), or UC2 (4.51 mil) on a single console?  Nah.  360 and PS3 combined it MAY make it to Killzone 2's 2.6 mil.  So clearly not a good game.  Oh, and ...

it will def. sell more than 5 million. Its getting a lot of good word of mouth.

Did you see the last pre-order numbers for it?  In the US, the FPS capitol of the world, where the 360 is the HD console king, Crysis 2 has just over 81K pre-orders.  For comparison sake, Metal Fight Beyblade for the Ds had over 95K pre-orders, and that doesn't even have a release date, yet.  There's just too much competition right now.  Killzone 3 (which is showing nice legs for the time being), Bulletstorm, and Homefront (which just released to some nice FW numbers).  Even with both 360 and PS3 combined, it's not going to sell UC2 numbers.

@ MUGEN

Well, they set themselves up for disappointment.    But yea, I think it may outsell KZ2 combined.  May even apporach GoW3's LT.  But I highly doubt it's going to sell anywhere near UC2 or GeOW2 LT numbers.

thismeintiel said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
thismeintiel said:

Unlike others in here, I will not compare the graphics of Crysis 2 with some PS3 exclusives.  Instead I will do the adult thing and compare its sales to determine if it is a good game.  So, will Crysis 2 sell as much as Killzone 2 (2.6 mil), GoW 3 (3.6 mil), or UC2 (4.51 mil) on a single console?  Nah.  360 and PS3 combined it MAY make it to Killzone 2's 2.6 mil.  So clearly not a good game.  Oh, and ...

Did you see the last pre-order numbers for it?  In the US, the FPS capitol of the world, where the 360 is the HD console king, Crysis 2 has just over 81K pre-orders.  For comparison sake, Metal Fight Beyblade for the Ds had over 95K pre-orders, and that doesn't even have a release date, yet.  There's just too much competition right now.  Killzone 3 (which is showing nice legs for the time being), Bulletstorm, and Homefront (which just released to some nice FW numbers).  Even with both 360 and PS3 combined, it's not going to sell UC2 numbers.

@ MUGEN

Well, they set themselves up for disappointment.    But yea, I think it may outsell KZ2 combined.  May even apporach GoW3's LT.  But I highly doubt it's going to sell anywhere near UC2 or GeOW2 LT numbers.

I am not usually one to make predicitons but II can stand stand firmly believing that Crysis 2 will sell at least 7 million combined sales. The reason pre order numbers weren't high was because wll the first Crysis wasn't on consoles. I am also not in a position to exactly say that what happens in my school happens throughout the United States, but it does provide a good idea of what people are thinking about: My school is filled people who only play COD (they think Black Ops is the best game ever, etc., etc., etc.) But this entire week they are all talking about Crysis 2 and whether or not they should buy it. They keep sayign all the good things about it. I personally recommended some of my friends to buy the game. And whether or not we like it, graphics do sell games. If people see that Crysis 2 does have like the best graphics for consoles they will buy it. Yes Crysis 2 will sell. A lot of people will be surprised. Just look at CGI. He bought 2 copies of the game lol.

damefan said:
Nsanity said:
eliasg said:

imagine what SONY fans would have said if Crysis 2 was a PS3 exclusive, nobody can accept that this game surpassed any of their beloved exclusives on both platforms.  Crysis 2 is the best looking game of the generation and many experts  of the industry have already mentioned that , believe me i have never realised the true purpose and what is really beyond this. The worst thing of this behaivor is intense efford of some SONY fans to make XBOX360 look like an old generation machine that peaked many many years ago with the realease of Gears of War... 

Lot of ranting but he does speak some truth

Its like he read my mind and is speaking directly to a few people on this website. /thread

Oh he isn't pro 360 either. He has plenty of videos bashing Halo and praising Killzone.

He really knows his stuff and not like some random crap talker osamanobama does be doing here daily.

SpartenOmega117 said:
thismeintiel said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
thismeintiel said:

@ MUGEN

I am not usually one to make predicitons but II can stand stand firmly believing that Crysis 2 will sell at least 7 million combined sales. The reason pre order numbers weren't high was because wll the first Crysis wasn't on consoles. I am also not in a position to exactly say that what happens in my school happens throughout the United States, but it does provide a good idea of what people are thinking about: My school is filled people who only play COD (they think Black Ops is the best game ever, etc., etc., etc.) But this entire week they are all talking about Crysis 2 and whether or not they should buy it. They keep sayign all the good things about it. I personally recommended some of my friends to buy the game. And whether or not we like it, graphics do sell games. If people see that Crysis 2 does have like the best graphics for consoles they will buy it. Yes Crysis 2 will sell. A lot of people will be surprised. Just look at CGI. He bought 2 copies of the game lol.

Well, looking back at Homefront's pre-order numbers, it had around the same (a little over 80K).  So, Crysis may have a pretty good opening, unless Homefront stole a little bit of its thunder.  Still, I don't see either one of them making it to 7 mil. 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
thismeintiel said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
thismeintiel said:

@ MUGEN

Well, looking back at Homefront's pre-order numbers, it had around the same (a little over 80K).  So, Crysis may have a pretty good opening, unless Homefront stole a little bit of its thunder.  Still, I don't see either one of them making it to 7 mil. 

my breakdown would be

2 million PC

3 million 360

2 million PS3

can't wait for next week's numbers!

Im expecting at least a 1.2 million opening week.

Nsanity said:
damefan said:
Nsanity said:
eliasg said:

He really knows his stuff and not like some random crap talker osamanobama does be doing here daily.

good one.

so the guy really knows his stuff. or could it be he shares your opinion. yeah he really knows his stuff. "crysis graphics take a shit on killzone 3" oh yeah real knowledgable and objective. much smarter than DF and LOT.

im just some random crap talking, even though, i use facts and  bring in what DF and LOT said, but  the crazy  insain guy on the internet that is having a  brain aneurysm knows his stuff.

so you found some crazy guy that agrees with your point of view, so now hes your idol. unfortunately he has nothing to back up his claims, nor do you. you can keep living in your fantasy world if youd like, but perhaps you should come to the realization that crysis is not Gods gift to man (but i guess it is to xbox fans), and a random youtube guy is not the overlord authority of whats right.

and i find it quite ironic that you say im a crap talker, even though i use facts to back up my assurtions, yet you dont, and because you dont have a ps3, you need crysis to be the best looking game just to prove something.

play KZ2,3, UC2, GOW3, then come back here and tell me what the best looking games are

osamanobama said:
Nsanity said:
damefan said:
Nsanity said:
eliasg said:

good one.

so the guy really knows his stuff. or could it be he shares your opinion. yeah he really knows his stuff. "crysis graphics take a shit on killzone 3" oh yeah real knowledgable and objective. much smarter than DF and LOT.

im just some random crap talking, even though, i use facts and  bring in what DF and LOT said, but  the crazy  insain guy on the internet that is having a  brain aneurysm knows his stuff.

so you found some crazy guy that agrees with your point of view, so now hes your idol. unfortunately he has nothing to back up his claims, nor do you. you can keep living in your fantasy world if youd like, but perhaps you should come to the realization that crysis is not Gods gift to man (but i guess it is to xbox fans), and a random youtube guy is not the overlord authority of whats right.

and i find it quite ironic that you say im a crap talker, even though i use facts to back up my assurtions, yet you dont, and because you dont have a ps3, you need crysis to be the best looking game just to prove something.

play KZ2,3, UC2, GOW3, then come back here and tell me what the best looking games are

*Raises hand*

Uncharted 2 >< Killzone 3 > God of War 3 > Crysis 2

FOR ME THAT IS! :]

Awful character models (YES I SAID IT -_-, aside from the nanosuit which looks good), awful facial animations and animations in general, amazing lightning, flat textures (quite a few). Seriously, Uncharted 2 & KZ3 has all of those good. GoW3 is up there mainly because the scale... (yeah Im aware Crysis 2 is huuge) but the titan fights made me jizz. But the BIGGEST point why GoW3 is there, for me, is Kratos. Just look at the fucker! :D

Reviews are out, and I still only counted 8 out of like 40-50 which is roughly 15-20%. After checking Uncharted 2 & Killzone 3, I'd say Uncharted 2 was somewhere around 70%, KZ3 around 60% and GoW3 at 20-30%. (Not uber accurate numbers, but after going through mother fucking 105 reviews on Meta for Uncharted 2 alone, i deserve to say something LOL. I was bored! Banned for 3 days XD).

Crytek has done something awesome, but I still feel it's somewhat of a dissapointement coming from Crysis 1 & Warhead on the PC. Whats up with the fps drop and texture popzzz. 6v6 online on fairly big maps? mp graphics in general are far from the SP...

I've only played 4 hours into Crysis 2, but regardless, what I said about it can't change. No matter how good the effects are, after 4 hours ,you get the sense of the points i said , which are : animations and character models.

osamanobama said:
Nsanity said:
damefan said:
Nsanity said:
eliasg said:

good one.

I could say the same about any of those closed quarters and fixed camera you have there.

Nsanity said:
osamanobama said:
Nsanity said:
damefan said:
Nsanity said:
eliasg said:

good one.

I could say the same about any of those closed quarters and fixed camera you have there.

I don't know about you ,but the guy below me scares me a lot more (XD)

SRS FACE =