By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 Face-Off PS3 vs 360 [Digital Foundry]

Ping_ii said:
snfr said:
eliasg said:

imagine what SONY fans would have said if Crysis 2 was a PS3 exclusive, nobody can accept that this game surpassed any of their beloved exclusives on both platforms.  Crysis 2 is the best looking game of the generation and many experts  of the industry have already mentioned that , believe me i have never realised the true purpose and what is really beyond this. The worst thing of this behaivor is the intense efford of some SONY fans to make XBOX360 look like an old generation machine that peaked many many years ago with the realease of Gears of War... 

Don't get me wrong, but with your comment you're not better than those people you complain about.

First of all, it's not the "fans" who act like this, it's the "fanboys", there's still a difference between those two groups. Then you make it sound like it's a fact that Crysis 2 is the best looking console game. It's not a fact, not at all. If we look at what the industry said it becomes very clear that there are some reviewers who claimed this, but still... there are more who didn't say it. What I want to say with this is that it simply isn't a fact; for some it is the best looking game on the market, for some it's not. Nobody has to accept anything in this discussion, except for maybe that all these games look amazing. And by the way.. it would be the best to just compare Crysis 2 to other FPS games, and not to entirely different games of other genres.

Furthermore... if (keyword: "if") Uncharted 3 surpasses Crysis 2 in terms of graphics for the majority of the gaming media (reviewers,...) then it will be the 360 fanboys who try to downplay its' graphics. It will be almost the same situation as now... My point here is that both sides act retarded sometimes in situations like this.

And the main problem in discussions like in this thread is that some people (from both sides) immediately need to downplay some games' graphics just because another game is supposed to look better. The funny thing is.... most people haven't played most of those games they're talking about, and you probably haven't either.

Well  look @ how bad things are now, there are only a handful of critics who actually said Crysis 2 is the best looking console game and theres already 360 and ps3 fanboys going crazy so I can only imagine how bad it will be once uncharted 3 drops.

Gears of War 3 comes out before Uncharted 2. It will be worse when Gears 3 drops.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
eliasg said:

imagine what SONY fans would have said if Crysis 2 was a PS3 exclusive, nobody can accept that this game surpassed any of their beloved exclusives on both platforms.  Crysis 2 is the best looking game of the generation and many experts  of the industry have already mentioned that , believe me i have never realised the true purpose and what is really beyond this. The worst thing of this behaivor is intense efford of some SONY fans to make XBOX360 look like an old generation machine that peaked many many years ago with the realease of Gears of War... 

Lot of ranting but he does speak some truth

That shit is hilarious, one thing though, I wish he would stop pussy-footing around and just tell us how he really feels, lol.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
Nsanity said:
eliasg said:

imagine what SONY fans would have said if Crysis 2 was a PS3 exclusive, nobody can accept that this game surpassed any of their beloved exclusives on both platforms.  Crysis 2 is the best looking game of the generation and many experts  of the industry have already mentioned that , believe me i have never realised the true purpose and what is really beyond this. The worst thing of this behaivor is intense efford of some SONY fans to make XBOX360 look like an old generation machine that peaked many many years ago with the realease of Gears of War... 

Lot of ranting but he does speak some truth

That shit is hilarious, one thing though, I wish he would stop pussy-footing around and just tell us how he really feels, lol.

Love it.

eliasg said:

imagine what SONY fans would have said if Crysis 2 was a PS3 exclusive, nobody can accept that this game surpassed any of their beloved exclusives on both platforms.  Crysis 2 is the best looking game of the generation and many experts  of the industry have already mentioned that , believe me i have never realised the true purpose and what is really beyond this. The worst thing of this behaivor is the intense efford of some SONY fans to make XBOX360 look like an old generation machine that peaked many many years ago with the realease of Gears of War... 

i didnt realize ign was an expert.

and if it was exclusive, i would say it has great graphics near the best, but not the best

Machiavellian said:
Euphoria14 said:

So IGN was full of shit?

Graphics are not inferior on PS3 like mentioned and PS3 also holds a steadier frame rate and the 360 version is the one with the larger frame drops?

Ouch, talk about being exposed.

Actually thats not telling the truth correctly.  The 360 holds a higher frame rate and in certain areas where both drop, the 360 version drops the most.  He did not state that the PS3 holds a steadier framerate than the 360.  The 360 renders at Full HD while the PS3 doesn't.  This might be something that is noticed more by some than others and probably will not be noticed at all if you are playing the PS3 version.  Anyone looking to give the edge to one or the other is probably drawing straws.  They both have their pros and cons and if you are playing one version, then you are not missing anything.

that is not true... 360 runs at 1152x720 and ps3 at 1024x720 and FULL HD is 1920x1080 and if you mean HD 720p at its fullest is also incorrect... HD at its fullest is 1280x720 with a 16/9 aspect ratio...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

Unlike others in here, I will not compare the graphics of Crysis 2 with some PS3 exclusives.  Instead I will do the adult thing and compare its sales to determine if it is a good game.  So, will Crysis 2 sell as much as Killzone 2 (2.6 mil), GoW 3 (3.6 mil), or UC2 (4.51 mil) on a single console?  Nah.  360 and PS3 combined it MAY make it to Killzone 2's 2.6 mil.  So clearly not a good game.  Oh, and ...

Is there any DRM on the PC version?

Why is there so much arguement and disccusion about this game, it looks like another mindless shooter with no plot and crappy gameplay, I'll play MAG instead at least that one is fun and plays well

thismeintiel said:

Unlike others in here, I will not compare the graphics of Crysis 2 with some PS3 exclusives.  Instead I will do the adult thing and compare its sales to determine if it is a good game.  So, will Crysis 2 sell as much as Killzone 2 (2.6 mil), GoW 3 (3.6 mil), or UC2 (4.51 mil) on a single console?  Nah.  360 and PS3 combined it MAY make it to Killzone 2's 2.6 mil.  So clearly not a good game.  Oh, and ...

it will def. sell more than 5 million. Its getting a lot of good word of mouth.

thismeintiel said:

did you not hear? Crytek wants 7mil in sales

but I would be surprised if it at least doesn't outsell kz3 will combined sales

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!