By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Crysis 2 graphics 9.5 for x360 & 8.5 for ps3 !!!

Around the Network
battousai147 said:

Listen guys and gals you or ign can say whatever the hell you want but below is a video link to Lensoftruth, they have put up a comparison video of the ps3 and 360 retail version of the game, no analisys yet but the video is HD 720 of course though, and unless your just blind, IGN is just full of S***. 

Throughout the entire video both versions look almost identical, there were a couple of accasions i noticed some slight framerate dipping on the ps3 but there were also some spots were the ps3 acutally had more detail than the 360 version, more partical effects if you will, there is a section when you can see leaves floating throught the air as the wind blows on the ps3 but there not there in the 360, this happened a couple of times, watch the video several times if you like tell me what you guys really think, but all that really matters is that you enjoy the game on what ever console you own and if you own both well good for you rich kid......:)

http://www.lensoftruth.com/features/first-look/first-look-crysis-2-side-by-side-ps3-xbox-360/

Thanks for this as for some reason I could not get to ther links to lens of truth earlier. They look equal to me.

Also I bought my consoles with my hard earned mulah. :P :)

battousai147 said:

Listen guys and gals you or ign can say whatever the hell you want but below is a video link to Lensoftruth, they have put up a comparison video of the ps3 and 360 retail version of the game, no analisys yet but the video is HD 720 of course though, and unless your just blind, IGN is just full of S***. 

Throughout the entire video both versions look almost identical, there were a couple of occasions i noticed some slight framerate dipping on the ps3 but there were also some spots were the ps3 acutally had more detail than the 360 version, more partical effects if you will, there is a section when you can see leaves floating through the air as the wind blows on the ps3 but there not there in the 360, this happened a couple of times, watch the video several times if you like tell me what you guys really think, but all that really matters is that you enjoy the game on what ever console you own and if you own both well good for you rich kid......:)

video link

http://www.lensoftruth.com/features/first-look/first-look-crysis-2-side-by-side-ps3-xbox-360/

Much better comparison IMO

http://www.play-mag.co.uk/screenshot-comparison-2/crysis-2-ps3-vs-xbox-360-screenshot-comparison/

Homeroids said:
Spagoodle said:
Homeroids said:

Interesting. I got this email from my mate just yesterday. Did IGN base their review on the poor PS3 demo. Seems other sites are not agreeing with IGN. I guess Lens of Truth is not related to frame rate? Maybe....

Seems like in the retail version of Crysis 2, the PS3 has better graphics than the 360.

Odd considering the PS3 demo of Crysis 2 was far worse than the 360 and even at a lower res.  Wonder why they released such a poor demo on the PS3?

One more time. Click the link below for a detailed description of how the game was reviewed.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/arthur-ign/2011/03/22/how-i-reviewed-crysis-2

No reputable site would ever review a games performance off a demo. If you disagree with the review and can support your opinion that's totally fair. Just don't discredit the review/reviewer by flat out making shit up or supposing the absurd.

Maybe you need to look at this from how he reviewed and it kind of shows that not all things are equal. EA were not setup properly in that there was an obvious over representation for the 360 version. So how do we even know if the review version is the final build at all? From your link on "how" it was reviewed.

quote, "At this event, EA had around 16 stations set up with Crysis 2 for Xbox 360. In another room, there was one PS3 build available, and a pair of PCs brought by Nvidia to show off the game on their hardware."

He goes onto say he finally played the retail version a day later or so but why would EA put a non-retail version (1 only) on the floor in the first place. Something don't add up. That's all I am saying

I never said all things were equal, I'm just a fan of facts. In your original post you suggested that perhaps he reviewed the ps3 version off the demo, which other people in this thread have also suggested or declared. The link I provided puts that bullshit to rest.

I don't have a horse in this race. If you disagree with the review or the method in which it was done so be it. I just have a problem with people making shit up or supposing far fetched claims, without any proof, just to further their own argument.

On the topic of the review I have a couple point. Many reviewers were at the event, and so far as I'm aware only IGN has been transparent enough to publish details. Whatever you think of IGN you have to at least respect that.

Secondly you go on to say "something don't add up" I hope you aren't implying that Arthur Gies is lying about the details of the review event. Their were many people at the event outside of IGN, therefore if he were lying it would be easily exposed and refuted. Also just in general can we please stop accusing reviewers of being liars or taking bribes. Call the guy a hack, shit all over the content of his review, but you have to at least assume its a genuine opinion unless you have something to back it up, and by something I'm talking about proof and not an overwhelming hatred for the publisher/reviewer.

Spagoodle said:
Homeroids said:
Spagoodle said:
Homeroids said:

Interesting. I got this email from my mate just yesterday. Did IGN base their review on the poor PS3 demo. Seems other sites are not agreeing with IGN. I guess Lens of Truth is not related to frame rate? Maybe....

Seems like in the retail version of Crysis 2, the PS3 has better graphics than the 360.

Odd considering the PS3 demo of Crysis 2 was far worse than the 360 and even at a lower res.  Wonder why they released such a poor demo on the PS3?

One more time. Click the link below for a detailed description of how the game was reviewed.

No reputable site would ever review a games performance off a demo. If you disagree with the review and can support your opinion that's totally fair. Just don't discredit the review/reviewer by flat out making shit up or supposing the absurd.

Maybe you need to look at this from how he reviewed and it kind of shows that not all things are equal. EA were not setup properly in that there was an obvious over representation for the 360 version. So how do we even know if the review version is the final build at all? From your link on "how" it was reviewed.

quote, "At this event, EA had around 16 stations set up with Crysis 2 for Xbox 360. In another room, there was one PS3 build available, and a pair of PCs brought by Nvidia to show off the game on their hardware."

He goes onto say he finally played the retail version a day later or so but why would EA put a non-retail version (1 only) on the floor in the first place. Something don't add up. That's all I am saying

I never said all things were equal, I'm just a fan of facts. In your original post you suggested that perhaps he reviewed the ps3 version off the demo, which other people in this thread have also suggested or declared. The link I provided puts that bullshit to rest.

I don't have a horse in this race. If you disagree with the review or the method in which it was done so be it. I just have a problem with people making shit up or supposing far fetched claims, without any proof, just to further their own argument.

On the topic of the review I have a couple point. Many reviewers were at the event, and so far as I'm aware only IGN has been transparent enough to publish details. Whatever you think of IGN you have to at least respect that.

Secondly you go on to say "something don't add up" I hope you aren't implying that Arthur Gies is lying about the details of the review event. Their were many people at the event outside of IGN, therefore if he were lying it would be easily exposed and refuted. Also just in general can we please stop accusing reviewers of being liars or taking bribes. Call the guy a hack, shit all over the content of his review, but you have to at least assume its a genuine opinion unless you have something to back it up, and by something I'm talking about proof and not an overwhelming hatred for the publisher/reviewer.

See my bold above. I am not implying anything. Pragmatically, all I am saying is that Mr Gies is going against the flow. That does not add up. 2 schools of thought here. Gies is the oracle and he is not afraid to speak his mind. Or, Gies appears to have an opinion that is contradicting a lot of others. In fact, his opinion is strongly disagreeing with Crytek's recent statements.

If Gies was not IGN, but instead, representing some backwater and obscure web site that no one gave a rats about, we would not be having this discussion.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
battousai147 said:

Throughout the entire video both versions look almost identical, there were a couple of occasions i noticed some slight framerate dipping on the ps3 but there were also some spots were the ps3 acutally had more detail than the 360 version, more partical effects if you will, there is a section when you can see leaves floating through the air as the wind blows on the ps3 but there not there in the 360, this happened a couple of times, watch the video several times if you like tell me what you guys really think, but all that really matters is that you enjoy the game on what ever console you own and if you own both well good for you rich kid......:)

video link

http://www.play-mag.co.uk/screenshot-comparison-2/crysis-2-ps3-vs-xbox-360-screenshot-comparison/

yeah LoT is not right

my friend just use his phone(shit quality camera)take a 360 version photo and send it to me

and still much better than LoT's picture

D-Joe said:
Nsanity said:
battousai147 said:

video link

yeah LoT is not right

my friend just use his phone(shit quality camera)take a 360 version photo and send it to me

and still much better than LoT's picture

Seems Lens Of Truth took the capture before the textures were loaded.

Homeroids said:
Spagoodle said:
Homeroids said:
Spagoodle said:
Homeroids said:

See my bold above. I am not implying anything. Pragmatically, all I am saying is that Mr Gies is going against the flow. That does not add up. 2 schools of thought here. Gies is the oracle and he is not afraid to speak his mind. Or, Gies appears to have an opinion that is contradicting a lot of others. In fact, his opinion is strongly disagreeing with Crytek's recent statements.

If Gies was not IGN, but instead, representing some backwater and obscure web site that no one gave a rats about, we would not be having this discussion.

I appreciate the clarification.

I don't have answers for those fair questions if everything you say is indeed factual, and I have no reason to assume that it isn't btw. The only points I have been trying to make are In relation to how people disagree with reviews.

If you really want those questions answer head over to that blog post again and address them directly to the reviewer. He is answering any questions regarding his review as long as they are civil.

buglebum said:

Don't make yourself look like fanboys peeps.

IGN is hardly biased, they did a showdown between the XboxPS3 and the PS3 came out on top for the most ridiculous reasons. Biased, nope. Just a bunch of ignorant cocks who can't score anything for shit.

Besides you clowns who are moaning haven't even played both console versions and are comparing them by the terrible quality videos the likes of ign have done or going by screen shots.

Play both then come back and apologise for your cynical words plz. KZ2 let alone 3 wipes the floor with Crysis graphically.

Crysis 2 is a pretty damn good looking game. I am pretty far into it myself and it is much better looking than Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 is just ugly when you look at things up close. Crysis 2 is right up there with Uncharted 2 in the graphics department. Perhaps you should listen to your own advice and do the same thing you told everyone else to do. Don`t be a pot calling the kettle black.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

perhaps the PS3 score is lower because PS3 games are held to a higher standard

/jk

Proud Sony Rear Admiral