By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft should sell Rare to Nintendo

All I want from Rare is Banjo.. Microsoft can have the company for all I care.

Around the Network

besides banjo,what else would nintendo want from rare? conker bombed on the xbox,perfect dark sold well but the game itself wasnt up to snuff....if i remember correctly microsoft bought rare for 580 million from nintendo....why would nintendo really want them back?

Sell Rare to Nintendo? Yes. What has Rare even done on Microsoft? Rereleased Conker's Bad Fur Day with updated graphics? Done nothing with Banjo Kazooie? Speaking of Banjo Kazooie, maybe it would be best if Microsoft went back to Nintendo "after" the completion of Banjo Kazooie 3. Xbox 360 needs more, good, E-rated games, and at least one good 3D platformer. I really want to see Banjo Kazooie 3 with Xbox 360 graphics. After Banjo Kazooie 3 is released, than by all means Rare, go back to Nintendo where you belong. Nintendo isn't "sucking" anymore.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Sell Rare to Nintendo? Yes. What has Rare even done on Microsoft? Rereleased Conker's Bad Fur Day with updated graphics? Done nothing with Banjo Kazooie? Speaking of Banjo Kazooie, maybe it would be best if Microsoft went back to Nintendo "after" the completion of Banjo Kazooie 3. Xbox 360 needs more, good, E-rated games, and at least one good 3D platformer. I really want to see Banjo Kazooie 3 with Xbox 360 graphics. After Banjo Kazooie 3 is released, than by all means Rare, go back to Nintendo where you belong. Nintendo isn't "sucking" anymore.

Nintendo doesnt want Rare back.

Rare's best of the best left when we jacked up .. I mean sold them to Microsoft

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Well, Star Fox Adventures was the last game they made on the Gamecube... And it sucked... And they did worse on the Xbox... Conker: Live and Reloaded... And all these years I thought it was a totally different game...

Around the Network

don't know whether this is the right thread to ask this...but is there any release date for BK3?

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Rare is simply too Nintendo-fied. They DO belong back with Nintendo developing games. Nintendo infused so much of their philosophy into Rare that even though the brothers who founded it & most everyone else has left there's still that mark from the Big N all over them. Even their descendants like Free Radical. Timesplitters, the fun comedy FPS series. Viva Piñata. Kameo.

They were allowed to be the more edgy half of Nintendo in the 64 days. To come at the game with a similar philosophy but push the envelope a little more.

I have a feeling that Rare probably wants to go back to Nintendo too or maybe even third party. Their games don't fit well with XBox 360's demographics because they are simply too Nintendo-styled.

However Microsoft won't let them go due the hefty investment put into them without as much coming out of it. But the deal with the DS shows Rare misses the Nintendo-house. That control from "Dad" while suffocating also helped them create some of their best stuff. Rare & Nintendo have too much history together and who knows? One day they might end up back on the same page.

The success of Viva Piñata on the DS may change how things go down.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

endurance said:
well a ninty fan would want them back but microsoft fans would want to keep them,for me i dont mind

Admittedly I am a statistically insignificant sample but...

I am a Nintendo fanboy. I absolutely loved most of Rare's N64 games - BlastCorps, Diddy Kong Racing, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Conker. I liked Banjo more than Mario 64.

However, after Mickey Racing, Donky Kong 64, JetForce Gemini, and especially Star Fox Adventures, I was willing to let Rare walk. After Grabbed by the Ghoulies and Kameo, I've no desire to bring them back in the fold.

I think Viva Pinata was quite a success for Rare on the 360. This game is really popular with girl gamers but I think it was a little to much for kids with the Pinata's eating other Pinata's. I've seen some screen shots of BK3 and that game looks beautiful.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I don't think MS should sell Rare to Nintendo, it was one of their best moves buying it in the first place (if only for the fact that it meant Nintendo lost the IP's from Rare) even though it produced poor games for the original xbox. What MS need to do instead is to hire some decent staff, to make games that the classic Rare would be proud of, rather than making these below par games with famous Rare faces tacked on the cover.