By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console wars are dead

Xen said:
yo_john117 said:
kowenicki said:

Most bans are for "insulting" other members... very few (well certainly as far as I am concerned) are for dissing a console. Mine have mainly been for this... its amazing what you can be banned for on here, some people have very fragile personalities.

The only time I can remember being banned for having a dig at a console/product was when I was banned for saying:         "I look forward to GT5 at E3 2010" during the E3 2009 Sony conference.

The meain reason for this lack of polarity in dicussions is because ultimately nobody has really lost this gen...

Lol and you were right about that

That is quite a silly ban really.

Most of the bans on the site recently are utterly hila... *banned*

Lolz thats about it too!

Around the Network

I'm very sincerely sorry. I'll try my best to flame anyone who dares utter a word in favour of any console not manufactured by Nintendo.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

kowenicki said:
yo_john117 said:
kowenicki said:

Most bans are for "insulting" other members... very few (well certainly as far as I am concerned) are for dissing a console. Mine have mainly been for this... its amazing what you can be banned for on here, some people have very fragile personalities.

The only time I can remember being banned for having a dig at a console/product was when I was banned for saying:         "I look forward to GT5 at E3 2010" during the E3 2009 Sony conference.

The meain reason for this lack of polarity in dicussions is because ultimately nobody has really lost this gen...  

I sure was... no apology as of yet.  One in a long line of crappy bans I have had imo.

Have you ever had a legit ban?

yo_john117 said:
Xen said:
yo_john117 said:
kowenicki said:

Most of the bans on the site recently are utterly hila... *banned*

Lolz thats about it too!

Hey, I've been banned for making a "your mom" joke! Never understood the fun about banning someone.

I agree, but it is late in the generation. When the NGP comes out things will change for the better.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

really?  i've only been banned for comments about the wii.

Ban one, two, three, and four was in the news section where i suggested KH3 on the wii would be the killing blow to the franchise.

OT - its hard for anyone to troll any system when they all sell evenly.  and even when the wii falls off the weekly sales map its hardly worth trolling it this late in the gen.  just wait for the NGP to launch and then we'll finally have a set of systems worth getting needlessly angry about.

Chrizum said:
yo_john117 said:

Lolz thats about it too!

Hey, I've been banned for making a "your mom" joke! Never understood the fun about banning someone.

lol, really?!?  was it as least a good your mom joke?

Chrizum said:

kowenicki said:
yo_john117 said:
kowenicki said:
yo_john117 said:
kowenicki said:

I sure was... no apology as of yet.  One in a long line of crappy bans I have had imo.

Have you ever had a legit ban?

1 or 2.  possibly...

Is that all? I would have banned you for simply loogging in.

You can be obnoxious at times but maybe that's an online personality .. I hope so anyway.

Anyhow, as you pointed out everything seem to have settled down with every dog having his day.

If one of the two HD consoles were being severely licked then one side would be bragging and the other defending as was the case a couple years back.

This generation is also getting a bit long in the tooth and different from the giddy days past when so many unknowns were ahead of us.

So let me get this thread straight, because stupid console wars isn't as big, makes this site boring. Seriously, that is one of the most (I can't say the word, because I would be banned) I have ever seen. Seriously that says more about people, then the current situation of the console generations. I'm so glad it is gone, because most of the users who take part, are typically the most (I can't say the word, because I would be banned), when it comes to things. A lot of those users left and I am so glad they are gone.