By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sales gap by year between PS3 and XBOX 360.

LivingMetal said:
rocketpig said:
LivingMetal said:

So the PS3 is NOT a monumental failure?

*looks at lifetime numbers*

Nope, it's still a massive failure. What do they still have to get back, $4 billion?

*looks at thread topic*

It's done an awesome job as a legit and viable third place console against MANY odds while closing the gap between the Xbox 360.

Aaaaaaannnd every bit of that struggle "against MANY odds" was self-imposed. They walked into 2006 ruling the console world and walked out of it in shambles.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

? 1. i think PS3 will catch 360 but when is another matter. its hard to tell. on Jan. first i posted the first set of prodictions for the new yr and caut some friends and heat. i'm a firm beleaver in the old saying anything can happen.  the change from these prodictions to the ones in my sig occurred when a general patteren was established as we see now with the way the consoles are selling at this point. predictions that caut the heat posted below:

PS3 60m

360 58m

Wii 95m

? 2. PS3 will after this gen ends most likely

? 3. how would i have done things if i was the owner of said companies?

Nintendo: not much to change here.

360: caut the failures in the 360 earlyer

PS3: either waited a yr before releasing PS3 to ensure stock, better marketing, (more like PS2) and released all PS2 IP sequels. not sure much else could've been done. somebody fucks up every gen, and no manufacture has ascaped the 3rd curse.

? 4. PS3 games theres nothing like them on any other system and being generally hated (fanboys)

360 marketing and building relationships with third party

Wii word of mouth, marketing, and being generally hated (fanboys)

rocketpig said:
LivingMetal said:
rocketpig said:
LivingMetal said:

Nope, it's still a massive failure. What do they still have to get back, $4 billion?

*looks at thread topic*

It's done an awesome job as a legit and viable third place console against MANY odds while closing the gap between the Xbox 360.

Aaaaaaannnd every bit of that struggle "against MANY odds" was self-imposed. They walked into 2006 ruling the console world and walked out of it in shambles.

Are you saying that Sony discontinued the PS3 and pulled out of the console market?

LivingMetal said:
rocketpig said:
LivingMetal said:
rocketpig said:
LivingMetal said:

*looks at thread topic*

Are you saying that Sony discontinued the PS3 and pulled out of the console market?

this

I never understood people who ride the loss wagon, clearly Sony can afford it so why does it matter??? when it happen to SEGA it killed them, but Sony....last time I checked, the ps3 is not only still here but is also the number 1 selling home console this year

in other words..

back when 360 was leading "LETS PARTY!! WOOO SONY SUCKS!"

now that ps3 is closing the GAP "NO, IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE CAUSE SONY IS DOING BETTER! "