By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 review thread

This sets the new bar for all future shooters to aim at. Crisis 2 minimum sales of 5 million copies on consoles is now locked.

Huge success for Crytek and Cevat Yerli.

Around the Network
mendozahotness said:

oh hey i also found dis which has some sources not listed

da full list is:

cvg, eurogamer, ign, psu, electrig pig, games radar, just push start, xxlgaming, joystiq, destructio, stratagy imformer, msxbox world, metro,

...rebuttal video in 3...2...1...

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Slimebeast said:

This sets the new bar for all future shooters to aim at. Crisis 2 minimum sales of 5 million copies on consoles is now locked.

Hopefully it has great sales. I haven't seen one commercial for it yet though.

damefan said:
Slimebeast said:

That's a good point, neither have I.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
damefan said:
Slimebeast said:

All they have to do is show 20 seconds of gameplay and every sane person out there would buy it.

Around the Network

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but is it true that the PS3 version has V-Sync while the 360 version does not?

That alone could explain the frame rate differences could it not?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

This sets the new bar for all future shooters to aim at. Crysis 2 minimum sales of 5 million copies on consoles is now locked.

I'm not sure about that, but it does raise the bar nonetheless (especially for 3rd Party devs).

Well I hope it sells 5 million.

If Homefront is able to sell 850K first week Crysis has a good chance at 1.25 mill (which if decent legs becomes 5 mill lifetime). Not only is hype and reviews better for Crysis but EA is also a much stronger publisher than THQ.

damefan said:
toadslayer72 said:
damefan said:
Slimebeast said:

All they have to do is show 20 seconds of gameplay and every sane person out there would buy it.

Here's to hoping that word of mouth takes a hold. I suspect that when people start seeing everyone on their friends list  playing the game, it will help some. Not to mention how it's reviewing so far. But man some MS powered advertising would be the best.

Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

This sets the new bar for all future shooters to aim at. Crysis 2 minimum sales of 5 million copies on consoles is now locked.

I'm not sure about that, but it does raise the bar nonetheless (especially for 3rd Party devs).

Well I hope it sells 5 million.

If Homefront is able to sell 850K first week Crysis has a good chance at 1.25 mill (which if decent legs becomes 5 mill lifetime). Not only is hype and reviews better for Crysis but EA is also a much stronger publisher than THQ.

Problem here however is that plenty of people say great things about HomeFront's multiplayer.

Most reviews are only fousing on Crysis 2 graphics and I haven't heard much praise for the multi.

If Killzone 2 couldn't sell 5 million for being the top dog in 2009 I doubt Crysis 2 will do on graphics alone in 2011.

Still, it looks fantastic and the graphics whore in me will jizz pants when I finally play it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Aldro said:
selnor said:

Have been and will continue to update the op.

My sig contains all the reviewers who either say best conolse game, or best visuals theyve seen period. The quotes are in the OP of this thread to read through.

Who would have thought a company who has held the crown for best graphics for over 10 years, woiuld have done it again.

What the hell?
DUDE GAMEREACTOR SAID UNCHARTED 2 IS BETTER. Selnor you are really ignorant. HERE IS THE REVEIWER ANSWERING TO MY .. YES MY QUESTION!: (MY NAME IS PEDDI93 ON GAMEREACTOR)
"What console game is the best looking game to date?"

http://www.gamereactor.se/brev/161809/

LOOK WHAT HE SAID, NO SENTENCE, JUST ONE WORD:
UNCHARTED MOTHA FKING 2

Sorry for caps but damn how ignorant can a person be!

Jesus christ, how many times do I have to share this source with you?