By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 review thread

mantlepiecek said:
Slimebeast said:
ethomaz said:

You don't need waste time with Uncharted 2... almost 80% of media claimed it Graphic King.

Let it be the king then. But that would mean there's not that many awards left for GoW3 and KZ3.

So the bottom line is that 5 out of 31 magazines saying Crysis 2 is the best looking game is a respectable portion and it makes it a solid argument.

You didn't understand him. Back when UC2 was released it was so above anything else that it can even now, compare to the best games. Which is why it was called as the console king at that time.

After that there weren't that much improvement and it was more of an opinion then anything, people talking about God of War 3 and Killzone 3.

Yeah but that's what I'm saying. I understood him perfectly.

Uncharted 2 became the universal new graphics king, undisputable at the time, and since then there's only been games released that are arguably better looking, but none clearly better looking.

That's what I am saying, now that we have not just Uncharted 2 but also God of War 3, Killzone 3 and Crysis 2 it's more of an opinion than anything.

Around the Network

I hate to admit it.. xD but with selnor spamming this much crysis 2 threads I'm gonna get it.. reviews are good.. game looks awesome and with the people from timesplitters working on the multiplayer it seems like a great game.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Gamespro says

Crysis 2 is an astounding technical achievement. It’s one of the best-looking games ever, and it knows how to bring the spectacle. Its single-player provides a playground for the joyous nanosuit powers, although some buggy AI and generic aliens keep the campaign from soaring as high as it could have. The multiplayer, meanwhile, is a fantastic buffet of playstyles that rewards the creative player

selnor said:

Machinima and Gamezone definitively say Crysis 2 is the new benchmark.

Gamezone not said anything near and Machinima said "PC Becnmark nothing about consoles.

<p>></p>

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
selnor said:

Gamezone not said anything near and Machinima said "PC Becnmark nothing about consoles.

Dont be silly. Machinima are talking about all 3. Gamero is who I meant.

selnor said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:

man over the last 20 pages i really understood what your problem is: text apprehension

machinima says the pc version is the new benchmark:

The PC version (that we saw played across three monitors) is absolutely incredible, the new benchmark in game graphics, and the fact it works so effectively on consoles is pretty staggering.

pezus said:

People, if you care so much about graphics then WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU PLAYING GAMES ON A PC??? Come on...this discussion looks quite ridiculous when you have 3 versions and you're not talking about the best one.

This, this, and some more of this... this.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

crissindahouse said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:

man over the last 20 pages i really understood what your problem is: text apprehension

machinima says the pc version is the new benchmark.

They said it was the new benchmark , and works so effectively on consoles. Inclining to follow the statement through to consoles in other words. It was in the same sentence. If the thought had changed and they were not implying that, they would have used a fullstop. I know my English lit.

selnor said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:

"The PC version (that we saw played across three monitors) is absolutely incredible, the new benchmark in game graphics, and the fact it works so effectively on consoles is pretty staggering."

Sorry... Machinima are talking about PC version.

And please, can you provide me a link to Gamero/Gamespro review?