By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Long Live Pure Capitalism- rant!

Sink or swim that is how a Pure Capitalist country should operate. No assistance from government, lower taxes for all tax payers. Do not work you starve or beg or well do whatever it takes to earn a living to feed you and your family. The whole world must embrace Pure Capitalism, smaller governments and lower taxes. Small tax rates to pay for military and police is all that is needed.

No regulation, no Unions and definitely no workers rights. Welfare state system and high minimum awards lead to unemployment rates. Scrap welfare state and abolish minimum wages. Wages should be paid by the employer with no pressure from Unions or other independent tribunal. Employees can either accept the wage or just go and find another job. Full casual of the entire work force. Workers on quick hire and fie IR laws which will help reduce labour costs of business.

Professionals are paid too much here and that drives up inflation. Indians with better skills and qualifications can do exact same jobs for one tenth of the pay they pay here. Middle East and Asia have lower unemployment rates, lower levels of crime and live much better lives under Pure Capitalist systems.

I strongly believe in Pure Capitalism and I hope it comes a reality through out the world just like Adam Smith had envisioned more than two hundred years ago. 

Around the Network

This kind of capitalism has been dead since... I dunno, mid XIX century))

Though it should be noted that for the last 20 years or so demontage of so called "welfare state" is in process, which passed a point of no return couple of years ago (you might have noticed protests in Europe against modern social policy), so we may be in "pure" capitalism sooner or later. You ain't gonna like it.

Support. Free market ftw. But why do you call it a rant?

You call that pure capitalism? In pure capitalism you either fund your own PMC or you die like the communist PoS that you are. Public military and police is the work of Karl Marx, and should never be allowed to dirty our Pure Capitalism

Ban Unions and scrap minimum wage laws now. Workers will be better off in the long run. Businesses will make more profits and employ more workers and keep jobs local instead of outsourcing them offshore to cheaper labour markets. 
Minimum wages only increases inflation. Inflation causes the rises in everything. Inflation is like a dog chasing its tail. Every wage increase is eaten up plus more and drives up inflation.

Around the Network

Who the fuck is Alan Smith?

badgenome said:

Central Midfielder for Newcastle United. He's not known for his work in economics though; not like the guy who's on the £20 note here in England, wassisname?

As for pure capitalism, I don't think it works, and I don't think communism or any other system works in a pure form either. That said, I certainly do favour the capitalistic economic methods in most cases.

The government has a role in a capitalistic economy, but that role is mostly to act as a referee to ensure that abusive and dangerous practices are limited/eliminated and that all individuals have equality of opportunity. Unfortunately, the vast expansion of the government into the economy actually increases the abusive and dangerous practices, and often creates artificial and arbitrary barriers that limits some groups opportunity.

Since people will dispute the cause of the housing bubble in the United States, all you have to do is look at Canada’s (soon to collapse) housing bubble to see how government interference leads to undesirable results. By the government insuring 40 year mortgages with next to nothing down they created an environment where banks could give out massive mortgages to anyone with little risk to themselves, and this has contributed to house prices doubling in most major centers (and in some cities being four times as expensive); and the net effect has made Canadian citizens one of the most indebted people in the world. This move was done to make housing "affordable" to lower income people, and with the insanely high housing prices they are priced out of the market; and (unlike before the change to mortgage rules) it is unlikely that they could ever save up enough money to make a large enough down payments on these homes to ever buy into a market that is this over-priced.

With the exception of a few very well run programs (in other words, no programs in the United States) government interference tends to create worse outcomes for those people they're trying to help. Certainly, education has the potential to be a net-benefit, but in the United States the average child would be better off if the public education system was closed down.

highwaystar101 said:
badgenome said:

Central Midfielder for Newcastle United. He's not known for his work in economics though; not like the guy who's on the £20 note here in England, wassisname?

Alan Rickman?

Right. If we go back to unadulterated cowboy capitalism, then people will finally realize that's what they never wanted all along, and hopefully the lesson will stick another hundred years

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.