By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
takeru51 said:
Also, whoever said the GameCube was a purple purse, mine's black, and it looks much, much better than either my PS2 or Xbox does (or my Dreamcast for that matter).

Yeah, past generation will not be remembered by the aesthetics of it's consoles. The PS2 looked like an old VCR and the Xbox... well, it is a huge black box.

Around the Network

yea, a little.

No. 

Metalcore, Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Rock.

The original Xbox was the most underrated console ever! The hardware wasn't even worse than the Wii hardware!!!

I don't get why everyone is saying that the only game you can play on Xbox is Halo. All multiplatform games was graphically best on the Xbox version. When I bought any multiplatform game, then I ALWAYS bought it for my Xbox... And there are still many worth playing exclusives on Xbox, too!

Just look at the hardware specs:

Xbox CPU - 733 MHz (GC: 485 MHz and PS2: 294 MHz)
Xbox GPU - 233 MHz (GC: 162 MHz and PS2: 147 MHz)
Wii CPU - 729 MHz (PS3: 3200 MHz and 360: 3200 MHz)
Wii GPU - 243 MHz (PS3: 550 MHz and 360: 500 MHz)

Shouldn't then the Xbox hardware be counted as a next-gen console if Wii does? Microsoft has learned that people don't want high-spec consoles because of the PS2-popularity, and therefor they published the 360 as it is right now, which means that MS doesn't have the best hardware console anymore!

Therefor I say that the Xbox is the best old-gen console, and PS3 the best current-gen console (because of the CPU and GPU stats, the BD (Blu-ray Disc) Player inside, etc.).

PS2 is way too overrated! GC is also underrated, but not as much as the Xbox!

Game Over! said:
Just look at the hardware specs:

Xbox CPU - 733 MHz (GC: 485 MHz and PS2: 294 MHz)
Xbox GPU - 233 MHz (GC: 162 MHz and PS2: 147 MHz)
Wii CPU - 729 MHz (PS3: 3200 MHz and 360: 3200 MHz)
Wii GPU - 243 MHz (PS3: 550 MHz and 360: 500 MHz)

Shouldn't then the Xbox hardware be counted as a next-gen console if Wii does? Microsoft has learned that people don't want high-spec consoles because of the PS2-popularity, and therefor they published the 360 as it is right now, which means that MS doesn't have the best hardware console anymore!

Therefor I say that the Xbox is the best old-gen console, and PS3 the best current-gen console (because of the CPU and GPU stats, the BD (Blu-ray Disc) Player inside, etc.).

Part in bold = Not officially confirmed.

And even if those where confirmed, Wii's CPU would be better because it's a PowerPC architecture (thx omgwtfbbq), better for games than a common mobile Celeron.

AND Xbox shouldn't be considered between the nex-gen consoles even if those numbers where right. Xbox has no Wi-Fi, has no wireless controller, has no motion sensing controller, etc.

AAAND you can't base hardware's performance on pure clock speed.

But let's not get this thread derailed ok? :)

Dual-Shock = Overrated. Sorry I had to say it. 

Gamecube is underrated.

And PlayStation 2 is overrated, but deserves it.

My Mains in Brawl

Around the Network

Game Over! said:

TWRoO said:

If we are talking hardware quality, GC pwns all of this and last gens home consoles.

Hardware quality consists of a number of things IMO;

physical durabilty [GC>XB>>>>PS2]
electronic durability [GC>>>XB>>PS2]
design [GC>PS2>>>XB] (PS2 slim would be above GC though)
hardware capabilities (tech specs) [XB>GC>>>>PS2]
controller (yes it is part of hardware) [GC>>PS2>>>>XBsmall>>>>>>>>>>>XB]
practicality of design [PS2>>GC>>>>>>XB]

by the way i basically made all that up on the spot.

looking at my recently made up list, and taking into account various weighting i am going to apply to stuff (ie controller is more important than the design)

I can easily see GC>>>>>PS2>>XB.
What was wrong with the GC was it set of on the wrong foot and had a poor selection of third partys on board etc

If i apply the same things to this gen I would say
Wii>PS3>>>360 (you can tell i don't put much of a weight onto tech specs)

None of the above however manages to affect the sales much... sales are down to games and marketing for the most part.

You can't just add that together like design is as important as hardware capabilities. For the first, the design is a personal subject. I, for example, think that PS2 Slim doesn't look well at all, it's just a practical design. It's no question for me that the Xbox was better in this spot. By the way, do you look on the console or the screen when you play? The hardware capabilities are more important than all other spots together! (maybe not controller capabilities). And, the small Xbox controller is the best ever made (the 360 controller doesn't have the White and Black buttons). I'd say that the GC controller is the worst. It almost looks like a toy. REMEMBER: The more buttons, the higher possibility!

Why was the PS2 so popular then? IT'S CHEAPER!!! Many of my friends that bought a PS2 like 4 years ago wanted to change to an Xbox some weeks later. They thought that the difference in tech specs was less than the difference in price. The Xbox was clearly the best old-gen console, like the PS3 is now. The reason because the PS3 is so unpopular right now is the PRICE!!!

Sony earned enough with money on the PS1&2 to be able to make some high spec consoles, like PSP and PS3. Microsoft and Nintendo earned too few money, so they had to do worse consoles now!

You know why Oddworld just went on the Xbox? Because of the graphics! It was planned to be a PS2 exclusive, but the console was too crappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The PS2 is clearly too overrated...

I'd change these spots to (including Dreamcast in some spots):

Physical durabilty [GC > XB > both PS2] (Didn't change anything!)
Electronic durability [GC > XB > both PS2] (Didn't change anything!)
Design [PS2 > XB > GC > PS2 slim > DC] (Yes, PS2 slim is really awful!)
Hardware capabilities (tech specs) [XB > GC > both PS2 > DC] (Of course!)
Controller [XB > PS2 > GC > XB duke > DC] (Because of the white and black buttons on the XB controller, which gives more possibilities, and the GC controller looks like a toy for kids...)
Practicality of design [DC > PS2 slim > GC > PS2 > XB] (The XB takes too much space...)

However, I can clearly see XB > GC/PS2 > DC. The XB should have been dominating that generation, and the GC and PS2 should have been equal in the marketshare.

This gen the PS3 would replace the XB, and the 360 the PS2. Wii will of course replace the GC! Both XB and PS3 have been the most hardcore consoles in their respective gens, and both have the least of causal games...

lol......i think that game cube was underated and ps2 was overated.....

game cube had the best graphics (e.g resident evil 4/ pokemon/tales of symphonia)

the only thing game cube was lacking was the selection of games....for which nintendo was responsible, since they only promoted 1st party games leaving behind all the rest....and that's how game cube fails.....nintendo's fault

(at least they seem to release much more games on the wii and the ds...which brings more success.....!!!! )

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

all three were over rated for me

Compared to the GBA SP they were all highly over rated.

VIDEOGAMES are way to overrated XD

Quality for Life