By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SOCOM 4: Impressive New Gameplay Footage Emerged

Maybe the technology from the PS2 days improved so much till now that even real life changed and zipper is changing socom to reflect this?

I can make funny excuses now, can't I?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Chroniczaaa said:

Lol Zipper doesn't care about the fanbase that made socom popular in the first place. They don't listen to their forums or really anybody. Noones ever asked for removing grenade arch, regenerating health, matchmaking, dual primarys, NO DEMOLITION MODE WTF, 16v16 battles, a cover system, no pistols, push to talk, NATO team and Girl special forces, no lean? It should be called MAG third person.

It's fairly obvious that you've not been keeping up. I advise checking out YouTube vids with developer diaries/interviews with Zipper, they speak directly to the fans in multiple clips.

I don't care how many times zipper is going to tell us they're listening to their fans because they're very obviously not.
Did you even look at my list of rediculous changes, it's like you brushed all that off and simply said "Well zipper said this and that so I'm just going to listen to them *ignore ignore ignore*."

EDIT: i have listened to most of their interviews and I don't even know how you think any of them actually appeal to old socom fans. Besides the stealth gameplay everything else looks like horseshit.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Jay520 said:
goforgold said:
Jay520 said:

Hardcore isn't ALWAYS better ya know

yes it is, it really realy is.

Not always.

Change can be good sometimes. We should wait and find out if that is the case considering no one has played it yet.

to me it's a fact, that when developers care for a hardcore experience they ALWAYS end up making a solid game, it's when a developer say the dreaded "accessible" that you end up with a glitchy,buggy, very often broken game that just doesn't work.

case in point Battlefield Bad Company 1 and Bad Company 2, to me, bad comany 1 was one of the most solidly built games ever made this gen, consistent, NEVER laged, and ALWAYS worked. Bad Company 2, however was HIGHLY inconsistent, laged, and was very broken on more occasions than I'd care to remember, I knifed a guy 2 times!!! and HE killed me >:[ that never happened in bad company 1 EVER.

maybe not a fact, but it always seem to be that way, but what do i know. I stilled ended up liking BC2 just as much as I did the first, just with 100 times more frustration :/

CGI-Quality said:
Chroniczaaa said:

I don't care how many times zipper is going to tell us they're listening to their fans because they're very obviously not.
Did you even look at my list of rediculous changes, it's like you brushed all that off and simply said "Well zipper said this and that so I'm just going to listen to them *ignore ignore ignore*."

I have seen some changes, but I've also seen plenty of similarities to make a fair call. Not all of the changes will be welcome (the case with any sequel), but there's enough recycled SOCOM gameplay that it should get the job done.

Stealth, tactics.....it's there.

Who knows maybe it will be a good game. maybe it will be a proper sequel. But until My controller is in my hands proving me wrong that this game isnt Mag third person then i won't believe it.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Chroniczaaa said:
leatherhat said:
Chroniczaaa said:
leatherhat said:
Chroniczaaa said:

I don't know why people are still even calling this game socom us navy seals. I really don't fucking understand.

>He doesn't know about classic mode

Classic mode still isn't classic enough, where's my fucking lean and grenade arch? It's one thing to change SOME stuff of the last game but to completely change everything except the third person aspect it's not the same game anymore. This is a byoproduct of this dumbed down cod-clown generation. 2 primarys?

Edit. Doesn't mean the game will be bad or anything. It's just not socom.

Where did you hear that? All Ive heard is that it has the classic gameplay of SOCOM.

Zipper podcasts.

That is disappointing- but Ill wait til the beta before I make any judgements

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

I am not digging Socom gameplay at all. It is still a day 1 purchase, but only because I do not see anything better to get.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I'm undecided whether or not to purchase it. I guess I need to wait for some reviews.  

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

looking at the videos CGI posted. there is no recoil in scope. no recoil   slow moving playes = sniper paridise.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

its dissapointing they have dum down alot of the mutliplayer but the single player looks solid tho i would rather have an full charactised team of an certain special forces group (socom isn't defined only to US navy seals) then an mix of 2/3 and korea must not have the law that forbids women to be involved in direct combat roles.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

i am gonna buy this even if its dumbed down or whatever. game looks fun!

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!