By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Donate 300 million Yen to the relief effort in Japan

Isn't that like 50 Dollars?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network
dsister said:

Great to see the big compaines helping out. Though from what I heard they aren't donating that much money. They are donating money plus supplies that equal that amount 

you should read the OP. It clearly says 300 mil Yen PLUS equipment

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

you should read the OP. It clearly says 300 mil Yen PLUS equipment

Reading the OP is for people not watching anime!

I obviously misread this http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/14/japanese-quake-will-likely-affect-our-supply-of-gadgets/

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

forest-spirit said:

Good God. These companies are donating huge sums of money to help people in need, yet some people just have to put a negative spin on it...

Who cares about intentions or which company donated the most. Why not just be happy about them donating anything at all!? It's not like they are forced to do it.

It's sad to see how strong the fanboyism are, even in a moment like this.

Some people have lost the plot here.

LivingMetal said:
forest-spirit said:

Good God. These companies are donating huge sums of money to help people in need, yet some people just have to put a negative spin on it...

Who cares about intentions or which company donated the most. Why not just be happy about them donating anything at all!? It's not like they are forced to do it.

That's not all they've lost or maybe never had.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
Grimes said:
LivingMetal said:
forest-spirit said:

That's not all they've lost or maybe never had.

Kamal said:

Isn't that like 50 Dollars?

I feel sorry for the big kid in your gif, 

to everyone the big kid was being teased, this clearly wasnt the first time, it was on youtube but it was taken down. 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Immortal said:
Crazymann said:

You can all hate on or talk up any side you want.  The bottom line is that there are NO totally unselfish actions, ever.

Even if you ostensivly get nothing from doing good, you have the feelings of gladness that you have from doing the good deed.  Please don't say that you never feel happy or proud when you do something good for something/someone without expecting reward, because you are lying.  The best you can hope for is not to seem like a smug, self-righteous idiot.

Basic human nature.

I've seen that logic before and it's the most idiotic ever. Unless you gain something material from it, it ain't selfish. There's a clear cut difference between a million dollars and the warm glowing feeling in your heart and you're just being cynical if you refuse to acknowledge it.

Not that I disagree with what you were initially saying. It's rather disappointing that Sony gets more praise for suing a hacker for a million bucks than it does for making a charitable donation.

Regardless of random ulterior motives, good job, Sony.

Well, the truth hurts.  The bottom line here is that any good deed brings some benefit to the giver - even if it is intangible.  The sooner everyone realizes this, then the sooner people can stop trying to belittle one source's contributions and glorify another.

Let me put it another way... Sony gets good PR from this, so does Nintendo and MS.  Good for them.  BUT it the contributions were needed, so what difference does it make.  Plus, these are sizable amounts of money for any corporation.  What frustrates me are the people who bash one contributer (in this thread it happens to be Gates and co.) as being disingenuous while failing to realize that (at some level) every donator has considered the potential positive ramifications of donation.

This does NOT mean that the PRIMARY reason for donating is for good PR, but (come on) someone in the chain of command thought of it.  In the end, who cares why?  It was needed, it happened, case closed.  Move along!

Good on sony and all the other companies donating. If i had money i would donate it. Just wondering, when things like this happen dont you just want to go there and actually help instead of maybe donating a couple o quid (english speak for the americans out there) i always feel like this do you?

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I challenge hackers to do the same ;)

You mean with the sony bank codes contained in the PS3?

"yes we too donated 300mil yen of Sony's money"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO