By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Donate 300 million Yen to the relief effort in Japan

Robbie2010 said:
buglebum said:

Nope the logo wasn't in the source, *sigh*.....I'd really like to know what motivates you to put such a thing in your post. It just looks tacky and makes people think anything you post is biased.

Actually sod it, ignore me just realised I'd turned sigs off...prolly far worse things in your sig along with most others here so I'll be quiet...Just reminds me why sigs are off :)

I agree, OP what would possess you to put the Sony logo before a purely Sony related article in the Sony discussion forum?? 

You're being sarcastic but that's exactly my point.

This isn't a gameshownews program, we're quite aware we're in the sony forum and quite aware its an article about sony.

Anyway, I'm a grumpy sod ignore me, bad day at work.

Around the Network

This is phenomenal. :)

buglebum said:
Chroniczaaa said:

So far for company donations

Nintendo - 300 million yen

Sega - 200 million yen

Namco - 100 million yen

Sony - 300 million yen

Pathetic donation from Sony relative to other companies who are worth exponentially less. Actually I'm just ticked off with the sony sucking...I haven't checked the source, but was that stupid sony logo there in it OP?

Why do you hate Sony so much? I noticed that in every single Sony related article you find something negative to point out. Sony is donating the same amount of money Nintendo is and we all know how many severe loses it has suffered the last couple of years. I say go Nintendo, go Sony and every other company donating money for a good cause.

naruball said:
buglebum said:
Chroniczaaa said:

So far for company donations

Nintendo - 300 million yen

Sega - 200 million yen

Namco - 100 million yen

Sony - 300 million yen

Pathetic donation from Sony relative to other companies who are worth exponentially less. Actually I'm just ticked off with the sony sucking...I haven't checked the source, but was that stupid sony logo there in it OP?

Why do you hate Sony so much? I noticed that in every single Sony related article you find something negative to point out. Sony is donating the same amount of money Nintendo is and we all know how many severe loses it has suffered the last couple of years. I say go Nintendo, go Sony and every other company donating money for a good cause.

Just ignore the ones who want to be churlish.  There is really no "argument" to news like this.  Sure if you want to highlight other companies doing the same then fair enough but I appreciate this being posted as I hadn't heard about it.

I do recall someone once getting banned for saying the Beatles were crap and overrated (around the release of Beatles Rockband), would be nice to see some similar lateral thinking to people intent on causing trouble over what is obviously a sensitive issue for many people like this is too.

Let's not forget too, that Sony and most Japanese companies suffered damages, either directly or indirectly or both. Donating instead of asking for money is generous. And thanks to MS too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
buglebum said:
Robbie2010 said:
buglebum said:

Nope the logo wasn't in the source, *sigh*.....I'd really like to know what motivates you to put such a thing in your post. It just looks tacky and makes people think anything you post is biased.

Actually sod it, ignore me just realised I'd turned sigs off...prolly far worse things in your sig along with most others here so I'll be quiet...Just reminds me why sigs are off :)

I agree, OP what would possess you to put the Sony logo before a purely Sony related article in the Sony discussion forum?? 

You're being sarcastic but that's exactly my point.

This isn't a gameshownews program, we're quite aware we're in the sony forum and quite aware its an article about sony.

Anyway, I'm a grumpy sod ignore me, bad day at work.

..or probably too much beer?

You are right about one thing though, donation to charities is nothing to show off about. You must hate the most famous of them all, the man that when he gives money to charities it is headline news, Mr Bill Gates.

And some people would swear MS would just donate to hackers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

buglebum said:
FattyDingDong said:

u do realize how ignorant u sound?  are all japanese people gamers?

Me?

Well a few things really, OP is bigging up sony over an act that should always be alteristic "way to go sony". When I donate to charity I don't tell anyone or make a big issue out of it. Have some dignity.

The OP put a big "SONY" logo in his post for no apparent reason other than to pimp it up like a press release.

My response was more to  contradict the OP..Since I disagree with making such a topic. Other than congratulating the OP and SONY on such a fantastic move there's little else one can add to a topic like this. So I didnt, instead explained that the donation wasn't actually that much and relatively speaking is much lower than any of the other companies in gaming that have donated.

Maybe I do sound ignorant, not really concerned with that, more onncered with truth and some bloody common sense!

I ask is there a thread congratulating Nintendo in the nintendo forum? Or Microsoft in the ms forum?

You know a company must do PR and release their numbers, they can't secretly donate anything...

And why don't you go and post congrats to MS or Ninty in this or other threat??? Stop just doing this man.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Cool! Glad to see them supporting their country. 

I know Japan is a good enough country that they'll be rebuilt soon enough and back to full strength. 

dany612 said:

That's my Sony..

Makes me so proud. *tear*

You own Sony now? News to me....

OT: Glad companies are helping out. I just hope the rest of te world will have some sympathy.