By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ocarina Of Time 3D 'crammed full' of new stuff, game now awesome

'If you're interested in picking up The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D but you're worried about buying a visually enhanced port, Nintendo's here to calm your arse down. According to cheeky president Satoru Iwata, the game is "crammed" with fresh content, though a lot of it's being kept secret.

"Of course, the Nintendo 3DS version of Ocarina of Time is crammed with interesting things that weren't in the Nintendo 64 version," he said, "but we'll wait to talk about those [closer to] the release."'

I was sold on this game as soon as I heard it was in development, but the promise of unique content is definitely a compelling extra. What kind of new stuff do you think is coming, and what would you want to see?

So, what do you reckon? Sounds awesome to me! It was already a day one purchase, but now...I have to try and think what the extra features could be...

Specualte below!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Well, it was already awesome IMO.

We know about the inclusion of MQ, but some new side quests or some slightly remixed dungeons (in the Water Temple's case especially) or even an extra dungeon (with a new boss fight) would be nice.

Also, not sure if it has been confirmed yet, but I hope you don't have to aim your bow and such by tilting the system.  Nice feature to include as long as they provide the standard aiming as well.

archbrix said:

We know about the inclusion of MQ, but some new side quests or some slightly remixed dungeons (in the Water Temple's case especially) or even an extra dungeon (with a new boss fight) would be nice.

Also, not sure if it has been confirmed yet, but I hope you don't have to aim your bow and such by tilting the system.  Nice feature to include as long as they provide the standard aiming as well.

Well, of course it was already awesome, otherwise it wouldn't be rated the best game of all time

But it's nice to see them at least trying, as opposed to the effort they made for Mario's25th...

Different audience maybe? Or maybe they care more about Zelda...

I hope we get some horse back fights like in TP

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Conegamer said:
archbrix said:

Well, of course it was already awesome, otherwise it wouldn't be rated the best game of all time

But it's nice to see them at least trying, as opposed to the effort they made for Mario's25th...

Agreed, 100%

Around the Network

hells yeaaaaah.  since they haven't really mentioned any of this before, I thought this game was just going to be a visual inhancement, which, while awesome, was a bit disappointing and seemed somewhat lazy on nintendos behalf, but now, I'm a friggin sold and friggin hyped.  this thread should be a party or something.

Roma said:

this

horseback sword combat was awesome

EL_PATRAS said:

hells yeaaaaah.  since they haven't really mentioned any of this before, I thought this game was just going to be a visual inhancement, which, while awesome, was a bit disappointing and seemed somewhat lazy on nintendos behalf, but now, I'm a friggin sold and friggin hyped.  this thread should be a party or something.

It will be a party when everyone comes in!

You're just early and everything...

Anyway, welcome! I have cocktail sausages, sandwiches, beer, cider, crisps and spirits, and they'll be cakes and meats and pop(/soda/coke/fizzy drinks) when more people arrive!

*ahem*

Sorry I get carried away...

I agree, I would have still bought the game, but all of these additions make it a definite purchase and the current 'killer app' of the 3DS IMO

MrT-Tar said:
Roma said:

this

horseback sword combat was awesome

It would be nice...

But I can see it being very fiddly and annoying on the 3DS, unsure how it would work...

Unless you move by tilting the 3DS?

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

Ocarina of Time is a worse game than Super Mario Allstars, that's why.

Go wash your mouth out with soap!