By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CVG: Crysis 2 is "THE BEST LOOKING GAME ON CONSOLE"

well the game does look better than most ps3 and 360 games well just have to wait and see. Its funny how quick some of you are to defend ps3 exclusives like its impossible for a multiplat to be better looking which it isn't.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:

well the game does look better than most ps3 and 360 games well just have to wait and see. Its funny how quick some of you are to defend ps3 exclusives like its impossible for a multiplat to be better looking which it isn't.

It's not impossible... just Crysis 2 don't looks better (Demo of course... the final build needs change a lot to do that).

ethomaz said:
Mad55 said:

It's not impossible... just Crysis 2 don't looks better (Demo of course... the final build needs change a lot to do that).

yea thats why i said wait and see.

tuscaniman said:

Well I've played the demo and no its not the best looking console game multiplayer wise. I will admit it has better lighting than any FPS I've played on consoles though. Killzone 3 does look better MP. We'll see what Crysis 2 looks like in the SP. I think when this year is over we will be talking about Gears of War 3 and Uncharted 3 for graphics kings. Gears of War 3 looks amazing and from what I've seen in videos already looks better than Killzone 3. Uncharted 3 will obviously raise the bar once again so I think without a doubt the top two games will be Gears 3 and UC3.

Killzone 3 does look amazing at times but also bad in certain areas. There are sections in maps that use textures that are PS2 quality. Also if you pay attention when you brutal melee a character in MP their faces are static and show no expression.  Gears of War characters have always had animated expressions even in MP. Same with Uncharted.

Gears of War 3=Uncharted 3>Uncharted 2>God of War 3>Killzone 3>Killzone 2

Rage could sneak up and surprise us all. IGN did crown it best graphics of E3 last year.

your crazy gears of war 3 doesnt look better than killzone 3 not even better than killzone 2

Killzone 3 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yOqcxnnnoo

Btw this is multiplayer. Singleplayer looks much better, and since when do facial expressions count in graphics??

anikikim said:
tuscaniman said:

Well I've played the demo and no its not the best looking console game multiplayer wise. I will admit it has better lighting than any FPS I've played on consoles though. Killzone 3 does look better MP. We'll see what Crysis 2 looks like in the SP. I think when this year is over we will be talking about Gears of War 3 and Uncharted 3 for graphics kings. Gears of War 3 looks amazing and from what I've seen in videos already looks better than Killzone 3. Uncharted 3 will obviously raise the bar once again so I think without a doubt the top two games will be Gears 3 and UC3.

Killzone 3 does look amazing at times but also bad in certain areas. There are sections in maps that use textures that are PS2 quality. Also if you pay attention when you brutal melee a character in MP their faces are static and show no expression.  Gears of War characters have always had animated expressions even in MP. Same with Uncharted.

Rage could sneak up and surprise us all. IGN did crown it best graphics of E3 last year.

your crazy gears of war 3 doesnt look better than killzone 3 not even better than killzone 2

Killzone 3 

Btw this is multiplayer. Singleplayer looks much better, and since when do facial expressions count in graphics??

I had the game. I know what Killzone 3 looked like. When you stab a guy in the neck he should make some sort of expression besides staring blankly at you not doing anything. They obviously didn't animate the character model faces in the MP. Everything counts in graphics.

Gears of War 3 will have much better textures than KZ3. Gears has always used bumpmapping in everything they do. KZ has a lot of flat looking textures hidden by the lighting and blur.

Edit: I'm majoring in 3D modeling. I'm going to take my opinion over yours everytime because I actually know how this stuff is made. No point in responding.

Around the Network
tuscaniman said:
anikikim said:
tuscaniman said:

Killzone 3

I had the game. I know what Killzone 3 looked like. When you stab a guy in the neck he should make some sort of expression besides staring blankly at you not doing anything. They obviously didn't animate the character model faces in the MP. Everything counts in graphics.

Gears of War 3 will have much better textures than KZ3. Gears has always used bumpmapping in everything they do. KZ has a lot of flat looking textures hidden by the lighting and blur.

Is Gears 3 using the old and more of the same Unreal Engine 3?

If yes then it will have graphics like Gears 2, Mass Effect 2/3 and Batman and a lot other titles with artificial look characters.

tuscaniman said:
anikikim said:
tuscaniman said:

Killzone 3 

Edit: I'm majoring in 3D modeling. I'm going to take my opinion over yours everytime because I actually know how this stuff is made. No point in responding.

Guerillas engine is far more advanced then the unreal engine. But lets look at singleplayer graphics. Did you play the MAWLR boss battle? I highly doubt Gears of war 3 will pass killzone 3 graphically.

ethomaz said:
tuscaniman said:
anikikim said:
tuscaniman said:

Killzone 3

If yes then it will have graphics like Gears 2, Mass Effect 2/3 and Batman and a lot other titles.

Gears 3 will be using newer version of the Unreal Engine 3 and you seem to be mixing up artstyle with something else.

Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
tuscaniman said:
anikikim said:
tuscaniman said:

Killzone 3

If yes then it will have graphics like Gears 2, Mass Effect 2/3 and Batman and a lot other titles.

Gears 3 will be using newer version of the Unreal Engine 3 and you seem to be mixing up artstyle with something else.

All Unreal Engine 3 games looks similar... I can say to you what game use UE3 just looking the game.

Here is the deal. It doesn't matter if its UE3 or not. Its all about the developer and the artists. Are you telling me you can't see the difference between Gears of War and Homefront? Because I sure as hell can . Its all about how well the engine is used and how talented they are at maximizing the engine. If you saw the new realtime demo of the Unreal Engine 3 and what Epic thinks next gen will look like then you will realize Unreal Engine 3 is capable of producing graphics that make the Killzone engine look like Doom. 

The reason that demo looks so much better is because the hardware pushing that new UE3 demo can pump out multiple times more polygons than the PS3 and 360 could even dream about.  I don't know the exact numbers obviously but I'm pretty sure the 360 and PS3 are able to produce around the same amount of polys while running a smooth framerate. When that is the case it becomes time for the artists to use  textures and talent in creating great looking characters while still keeping the poly count low. Lighting also makes a huge difference and Gears 3 has obviously made a giant leap in that department over Gears 2 and 1. Any studio could make the best looking game ever if they had the hardware to let them use any amount of polys and any resolution.

Just because its UE3 doesn't mean it can't look as good as the best on the market right now. Just because its not on your system of choice doesn't mean it can't look as good as the best on the market right now. I'm giving the PS3 props if you saw my list of what games I think have the best graphics but next time you pop in Killzone 3 do yourself a favor and go up to what you percieve as amazing looking and look a little closer. Those steel beams you see in the distance on buildings which look like they have substance are flat. Go walk down to the end of a corridor and look at a wall that most people wouldn't look at. There are low res textures everywhere on that game. Its overrated.