By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CVG: Crysis 2 is "THE BEST LOOKING GAME ON CONSOLE"

I'll wait for Digital Foundry's tech analysis before I believe some random pre-view. And the fact that they had to turn to CVG to find a best graphics quote for their box-art isn't inspiring much confidence either. I have read multiple hands-on previews of this game and they all say it looks great, but not a single one has mentioned it having the best graphics for a console. 

Maybe I'll buy it and decide for myself.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:

so i guess its the best looking game on the xbox, according to CVG.

so beasically the quote is meaningless

KZ2, KZ3, UC2, and GoW III all look better

Crysis 2 is more technically advanced than any of those games and lot more opened area too.

Nsanity said:
osamanobama said:

Crysis 2 is more technically advanced than any of those games and lot more opened area too.

Source?

Killzone 3 looks better than crysis 2. I'll still be getting crysis 2 though. 

Nsanity said:
osamanobama said:

Im pretty sure crysis 2 is a linear game also.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
osamanobama said:

SOURCE?

anikikim said:
Nsanity said:
osamanobama said:

Crysis 2 is a sandbox in a city.

Nsanity said:
anikikim said:
Nsanity said:
osamanobama said:

Crysis 2 is a sandbox in a city.

SOURCE?

Pjams said:
Nsanity said:
osamanobama said:

SOURCE?

Real-time global illumination.

Well I've played the demo and no its not the best looking console game multiplayer wise. I will admit it has better lighting than any FPS I've played on consoles though. Killzone 3 does look better MP. We'll see what Crysis 2 looks like in the SP. I think when this year is over we will be talking about Gears of War 3 and Uncharted 3 for graphics kings. Gears of War 3 looks amazing and from what I've seen in videos already looks better than Killzone 3. Uncharted 3 will obviously raise the bar once again so I think without a doubt the top two games will be Gears 3 and UC3.

Killzone 3 does look amazing at times but also bad in certain areas. There are sections in maps that use textures that are PS2 quality. Also if you pay attention when you brutal melee a character in MP their faces are static and show no expression.  Gears of War characters have always had animated expressions even in MP. Same with Uncharted.

Gears of War 3=Uncharted 3>Uncharted 2>God of War 3>Killzone 3>Killzone 2

Rage could sneak up and surprise us all. IGN did crown it best graphics of E3 last year.