By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whats in a name/avatar?

Words Of Wisdom said:
CrashMan said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
My name is what it is. Those who agree with me will consider it fitting and those who do not... will not.

In the end, it's likely a misnomer anyway as words are only as wise as the one reading/hearing them. For example, I could easily describe the ion-method of balancing redox reactions in electrochemistry but few people here would likely grasp the underlying principles of it. The words become less meanginful to the audience as those among it are incapable of deciphering what they are hearing/reading.

As for my picture, I believe avatars should represent the poster's interests and/or personality. I think my avatars tend to reflect my personality. Though I somewhat miss the aloof/distant feeling I had with my second avatar. My 3rd (and current) one has a more arrogant feel to it...

But a truely wise person would understand the difference between knowledge and wisdom, and know they are no mutually inclusive. Being able to wax scientific about redox reactions is no impdication of wisdom what so ever.

True wisdom can be grasped by all who hear it (provided its in a language they understand) as true wisdom does not have a prerequisite of any knowledge.

The need for a mutual means of communication invalidates most of your claim.

How so?  The inability of the so called wise individual to communicate their wisdom effectively is hardly the fault of the listener, invalidating all of your claim.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

Well now. . .Name: My brother and some friends used to have small LAN parties in our garage. My brother's friend was Alpha, my brother was Beta, and I was Delta. I made some online account and things when I was thirteen, so many things will use the thirteen, but I do have some other aliases and variations.

Avatar: Myself freshman year in college. One of my friends bought a bottle of Garnier shampoo and it came wth a bandana. Somehow the idea of a Garnier pirate was made, and we bought the eyepatch. They then decided I looked the most like a pirate. If I get really bored or adventurous some time, maybe I'll put up one of my halloween pictures some time.

Edit: If anyone is interested, I added a larger version of this avatar in my profile's photo section. 

Long story short. I will start from the beginning. (my avatar)

I played WC (1) with my brother over modem. (across the room... kinda sad huh?)
He always played Orc, and I played human. Out of scarcasm, I started nameing my character each game something diffrent. I ended on. "MrOrcKiller" but it didnt really fit. So over some time, and what not, I refined it into a real name. "Mr. Orky"
Years down the road, and the fact you cant have a space or . in your accounts, I hacked that off the name. And then became Orky. I was known as orky from when I was about 12 to 19. When I was 19, I started playing EVE-ONLINE. I started as Orky, and created a 2nd character, whom I played with more than the first. I adopted the name. la'Rei. Pure evil. :D I needed to scam someone for some money, so I created a new character. "Kwaad" It sounds innocent enough. but it actally means many... un-kind things. It is a Dutch word, and it goes along with. Mean, Evil, Wrong, Angry, etc. I just loved the pun of the name, and adopted it for my g-mail account. And after that I've been using it for everything. (sorry, my g-mail isnt kwaad@gmail.com tho gotta add more detail to keep spam-trollies away)

So the Avatar is Orky.
And I am Kwaad.

If you live in america, and in the next 2-3 years you see a. "TK - Truckin' Kwaad" truck, that would be lime green, and black... get the hell off the road. That would be me. And I assure you. I will be bigger than you. And well... if your in my way... Yeah, sucks to be you.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

My username is competely random that came out of my mind. It has nothing to do with or anything about myself.

My avatar is Rose Wilson aka Ravager from DC Comics series Teen Titans. This verison of Ravager (avatar) is a redesign done by a comic artist named Todd Nauck who does Teen Titans Go! based off from the cartoon animated series Teen Titans.

Rose Wilson is a fictional character in the DC Comics universe. She is a member of the Teen Titans and the illegitimate daughter of Deathstroke/Terminator(Slade Wilson) and she is equipped with two katana-style swords(not showed competely on avatar). The reason why she has one eye is because in the original Teen Titans comics she gouges out her left eye out to gain her father's loyalty to be just like him which he also doesn't have a left eye.

I chose it because I like the Teen Titans (comics and cartoon) and also I do like girls that can kickass with super powers, weapons, etc.

My Mains in Brawl

My name came from when i was 7 years old off my uncle - he called himself "Mickman" i said... that sounds retarded so i made "Jessman".

My avatar means nothing. its a shark with a m4 carbine... nothing more.. nothing less :p

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
Long story short. I will start from the beginning. (my avatar)

I played WC (1) with my brother over modem. (across the room... kinda sad huh?)
He always played Orc, and I played human. Out of scarcasm, I started nameing my character each game something diffrent. I ended on. "MrOrcKiller" but it didnt really fit. So over some time, and what not, I refined it into a real name. "Mr. Orky"
Years down the road, and the fact you cant have a space or . in your accounts, I hacked that off the name. And then became Orky. I was known as orky from when I was about 12 to 19. When I was 19, I started playing EVE-ONLINE. I started as Orky, and created a 2nd character, whom I played with more than the first. I adopted the name. la'Rei. Pure evil. :D I needed to scam someone for some money, so I created a new character. "Kwaad" It sounds innocent enough. but it actally means many... un-kind things. It is a Dutch word, and it goes along with. Mean, Evil, Wrong, Angry, etc. I just loved the pun of the name, and adopted it for my g-mail account. And after that I've been using it for everything. (sorry, my g-mail isnt kwaad@gmail.com tho gotta add more detail to keep spam-trollies away)

So the Avatar is Orky.
And I am Kwaad.

If you live in america, and in the next 2-3 years you see a. "TK - Truckin' Kwaad" truck, that would be lime green, and black... get the hell off the road. That would be me. And I assure you. I will be bigger than you. And well... if your in my way... Yeah, sucks to be you.
poor guy banned again?:P

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.