By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whats in a name/avatar?

@ Mummelmann - In the german language Mümmelmann = bunny/rabbit

Quality for Life

Around the Network

@ your sig Soriku :PERSONA 4 = PS2

Quality for Life

Schwarz said:
@ Mummelmann - In the german language Mümmelmann = bunny/rabbit

Lol, the direct opposite of my physical figure...

Mummelmann said:
My avatar is some Polish dude who wore a silly hat and spoke of strange things, he even signed a paper in 94 to confirm that the earth was round...

My name is a Czech lager, a very good one at that... Almost as good as Grolsch! I like beer and lager. (Obviously)

I'll have to check it out at my local beverage distributer.

I learned a long time ago that you it's very difficult to get very high quality beer made in the US.  Ya have to try a lot of micro brew stuff hoping you get lucky.

Imports on the other hand tend to be in a lot better on the whole.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

My name is what it is.  Those who agree with me will consider it fitting and those who do not... will not. 

In the end, it's likely a misnomer anyway as words are only as wise as the one reading/hearing them.  For example, I could easily describe the ion-method of balancing redox reactions in electrochemistry but few people here would likely grasp the underlying principles of it.  The words become less meanginful to the audience as those among it are incapable of deciphering what they are hearing/reading.

As for my picture, I believe avatars should represent the poster's interests and/or personality.  I think my avatars tend to reflect my personality.  Though I somewhat miss the aloof/distant feeling I had with my second avatar.  My 3rd (and current) one has a more arrogant feel to it...

Around the Network

My name represents my obsession, ney, my love for Roller Coaster Tycoon. My avatar is my Algebra teacher in his natural habitat.

Words Of Wisdom said:
My name is what it is.  Those who agree with me will consider it fitting and those who do not... will not. 

In the end, it's likely a misnomer anyway as words are only as wise as the one reading/hearing them.  For example, I could easily describe the ion-method of balancing redox reactions in electrochemistry but few people here would likely grasp the underlying principles of it.  The words become less meanginful to the audience as those among it are incapable of deciphering what they are hearing/reading.

As for my picture, I believe avatars should represent the poster's interests and/or personality.  I think my avatars tend to reflect my personality.  Though I somewhat miss the aloof/distant feeling I had with my second avatar.  My 3rd (and current) one has a more arrogant feel to it...

But a truely wise person would understand the difference between knowledge and wisdom, and know they are no mutually inclusive.  Being able to wax scientific about redox reactions is no impdication of wisdom what so ever. 

True wisdom can be grasped by all who hear it (provided its in a language they understand) as true wisdom does not have a prerequisite of any knowledge.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

My name works both as 'Gamer 'Ace'' as I use to (and still do) use ACE as my initials in the arcades, mainly because my real initials took too long to enter. Or as 'Game Race' which is what this site is all about.

As for my current avatar. Well, I like the Rabbids, they are most associated with Wii (which I own) but also on other systems (which I support but don't own). He's dressed as a comic character and I'm both a comics fan and did some writing in the field. And Wolverine is a Canadian, as am I. Also, it's damn cute.

My name is Lewis. My badge number is 1347D21. My radio call sign is D21. The Joker is awesome, and so am I. There you have it.

everything from my (deleted) myspace account, to my youtube, to my gamertag= d21lewis.

name xomaniac came in a dream (thats all i can remember from sed dream so it obviously imortant)
made the avatar myself because its so true

Consoles I own: Dreamcast, PSP