By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Feb 2011 Thread (Data in 4 hrs for 4 weeks ending Feb 26)

surprising xbox360 numbers, considering Feb is one of the slowest month of the year.

Around the Network

Microsoft Psyched About Xbox 360 Momentum After February Sales Win

Today's NPD data day and Microsoft has just revealed that its Xbox 360 console has sold 535,000 units for the month. "February was the biggest non-holiday month of console sales in the U.S. in the history of the Xbox, according to NPD. For the second month in a row, Xbox 360 was the number one console, maintaining its lead in the U.S. as the top selling console in 2011," Microsoft said.

The company also noted that total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform (hardware, software and accessories) reached $475 million, which is "the highest among current generation consoles."

The news comes right after Microsoft reached another important sales milestone, as Kinect has sold through 10 million worldwide. "Microsoft expects the momentum to continue throughout 2011 as Xbox 360 owners look forward to the arrival of Kinect-enabled Netflix and Hulu Plus, Avatar Kinect as well as a diverse catalog of new games," the company stated.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox-360-is-best-selling-console-in-february-with-535000-sold/

Carl2291 said:

By the way, what time around are we getting the numbers in the UK? Midnight?

11:30 I think.

Carl2291 said:
NYANKS said:

Why did oyu put quotations around wrong, in an attempt to sound nicer?  ;)

To sound nicer? No.

Neither VGChartz or NPD are 100% accurate, so neither is 100% right or wrong.

While I myself do say from time to time that so and so is undertracked, it's only when comparing to NPD numbers. They aren't really under or over tracked if they come within the margin of error that is said to be /- 10%.

Most of the time.  I recall a few games being off by a lot, but usually yeah, pretty close.

Microsoft at 535K.

Just want to play good games

Around the Network
psrock said:

30 minutes to go

We can see 360 selling more than Wii/PS3 combine. Crazy

Not quite I say, PS3 will have done about 350,000 ( thanks to killzone 3) and Wii 250,000.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

535k? In February? Now that's incredible!

Greenberg says that is the biggest non-holiday sales month ever.

Just want to play good games

So it seems the Xbox 360 was undertracked for the month of February by 50 thousand not bad. I still can't believe it did over half a million in february. Kinect really is doing wonders for this system. So I guess they weren't lying about the supply shortages.

red_dragon said:

Greenberg says that is the biggest non-holiday sales month ever.

For the 360.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)