By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who has the Best Start to 08?

@KBG29
You just never stop to amaze me with your Wii thrashing. Out of the two games, DMC4 and SSBB, which game do you think is the most overrated?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network
Wojtas said:
@KBG29
You just never stop to amaze me with your Wii thrashing. Out of the two games, DMC4 and SSBB, which game do you think is the most overrated?

I wouldn't even worry about it. I'm convinced he's not a real person and a parody like the SDF site. The PS3 could have nothing but direct ports from the PS1 and he'd still claim it had the best lineup.

In terms of sales the wii will be number 1 due to its price advantage followed by the ps3 and then 360. I believe the ps3 will maintain the momentum in Europe and while its sales will obviously dip after the holidays the average should be far higher then last year. Keep in mind the ps3 wasn't even selling in Europe until March 07.

Branko2166 said:
In terms of sales the wii will be number 1 due to its price advantage followed by the ps3 and then 360. I believe the ps3 will maintain the momentum in Europe and while its sales will obviously dip after the holidays the average should be far higher then last year. Keep in mind the ps3 wasn't even selling in Europe until March 07.

He's asking about the quality of games. Not sales.

Same order as the current positions in sales :p.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

Same order as the current positions in sales :p.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I though the PS3 lost planet was due in Feb? Not particularly interested in it myself but apparantly its being released at budget price.

Wii seems to have the edge at least in NA. With SSBB not scheduled till past Q2 in europe Id say it loses that edge WW for the beginning of the year.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Bladeneo said:
I though the PS3 lost planet was due in Feb? Not particularly interested in it myself but apparantly its being released at budget price.

Wii seems to have the edge at least in NA. With SSBB not scheduled till past Q2 in europe Id say it loses that edge WW for the beginning of the year.

Oh I think Wii fit will bridge the gap

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic will be interesting.

Is it more of the traditional M&M game, or more action-y?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

For me anticipated PS3 games for early 2008 include,

Metal Gear Solid 4 (early 2008), Haze (Jan 15th for US), Gran Turismo 5 prologue (for US and Europe, 19th February for the US), Hot Shots Golf 5 (for the US and Europe in March?), Wipeout HD (PSN) and Turok.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales