By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crysis 2 PS3 single player footage

i think it looks good for a multiplat title

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Skeeuk on 2011-03-10 05:47

i think it looks good for a multiplat title

IT'S AMAZING FOR MULTIPLATFORM GAME, AS AN EXCLUSIVE

PS3 demo is up and I like it; it's fast-paced and fun. The controls feel good and it looks good too. Graphically It looks a little less polished than MW2, but if the final build is better then It might look somewhat close to KZ2.

I wasn't planning on getting this but I think the demo has changed my mind. It's fun!

going off what I just got finish playing......it's worse

My initial impressions may have been overly optimisitc, I am easily excited. After playing for the last 2hrs, I am less impressed. It is still fun, but the SP would have to be of a very high quality for me to purchase this. And graphically, it's pretty good, not great, somehwere around Black-ops. But it is just a demo, so I'm not making any definitive declarations.

Around the Network

Crysis 2 ps3 vs xbox 360 comparison !

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/verdictscreen-shot-comparison/head2head-crysis-2-multiplayer-demo-screenshot-comparison/

PS3 VERSION LOOKS HORRIBLE. Crytek lied to ps3 gamers saying that the ps3 version will be better... What assholes. Yet another watered down port to the ps3. I'll be sticking with Killzone 3.

"is dat sum loli" So what exactly was cryteks main goal with this sequel other than to make a new engine that's questionably weaker then their old one and make bad ports?

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

What's weird about those LOT pics is that it seems they didn't add the DOF effect on the 360.  All the buildings in the background are in focus, while on the PS3 the buildings in the back and sides are slightly blurred.  I actually prefer the DOF effect, as it makes it more realistic.  Though, some of the colors are better on the 360 version.  And I wonder why some locales were changed slightly between both versions.  It also seems like better care was taken in capturing the two last comparison pics, as they seem sharper and less blurry than the some of the others.

anikikim said:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/verdictscreen-shot-comparison/head2head-crysis-2-multiplayer-demo-screenshot-comparison/

PS3 VERSION LOOKS HORRIBLE. Crytek lied to ps3 gamers saying that the ps3 version will be better... What assholes. Yet another watered down port to the ps3. I'll be sticking with Killzone 3.

I believe they said it performed better.

Look at Dragon Age. Lower quality visuals on 360, but it performed better.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
anikikim said:

I believe they said it performed better.

Look at Dragon Age. Lower quality visuals on 360, but it performed better.

If I am honest I'd much rather have a better performing game that holds it's FPS at even than worst circumstances than eye candy for me to enjoy. Peoples centric around graphics is.. fascinating at times.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.