By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - new Lair pics/vido/info relese date

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/780/780120p3.html

shipping in July

Around the Network

Looks nice. Pity it only runs at 30fps... what is with that on the PS3 anyway?

I'm waiting to see reviews though before commenting further. Factor 5 (IMO) have a reputation for making games that look lovely - and play like crap. I was really disapointed with both the Star Wars titles on the GC (don't even get me started on Rebel Strike...).

Anyway, its great to see that the PS3 finally gets some more software, and hopefully something worth playing :) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

I'm waiting to see reviews though before commenting further. Factor 5 (IMO) have a reputation for making games that look lovely - and play like crap. I was really disapointed with both the Star Wars titles on the GC (don't even get me started on Rebel Strike...).

Anyway, its great to see that the PS3 finally gets some more software, and hopefully something worth playing :) 

...most experts doubt it...

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Narfer said:
shams said:

Can I have a link? Because I have only heard positives about this game. Are you talking about the kotaku editorial? Because the only fault stated there was that the framerate was terrible, which factor 5 appeared to fix.

I have to say after watching all three new videos I left unimpressed.  I remember first seeing a screen shot of the game with a smaller dragon standing before a much larger one and thinking "This looks really great".  However watching those videos I yawned.  It looked like next to nothing was going on, and I could not figure out how the player was controlling things some of the time.  I hope they manage to speed things up in terms of gameplay before they release it.

Around the Network

It will be quite a few years until system memory is optimized, so running the game at 1080p will take some time to run it at 60fps. Maybe Lair 2.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Looks like fun.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Narfer said:
shams said:

So do most Nintendo fanboys...

OriGin said:
Narfer said:
shams said:

So do most Nintendo fanboys...

Dont forget the 360 fanboys...

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

wow this looks awesome